The halfwit John Hartson wants VAR scrapped

Big John knew, what was going on before.

Unsurprisingly he, and every other soapdodger wants the unscrutinised officiating back.

It would not surprise me if the SFA partially bowed to their demands next season.
Something along the lines of their usual mince, " we have listened to the fans, VAR is suspended from the start of the 23/24 season while we iron out a few creases"
Hartson is proof that modern media too often treat their audience with utter contempt.
He is like an old alcoholic in a scheme pub, sitting in a dark corner, spouting tripe at random intervals to no-one in particular.

Of course, pre VAR everything was rosy and he wasn't complaining week in week out about decisions or implying that his team were the victims of a masonic conspiracy.

This is the problem with the media up here, it's just amateur. If you take a biased mongo, call him a pundit and put him in front of a mic every day then this is what you get.

VAR has seen decisions going against celtic and they're not used to that, they'll keep attacking until it's removed.

The countdown has started yesterday it was two old retired timbo refs spewing guff today it's the village idiots turn honestly the scumbo's could sell an advent calendar in the run up to the LC, can't wait to see what bigot is revealed tomorrow.

When the day comes that Hartson can hold his own with referees about the basic rules of the game he can have a say.
He's basically just a clickbait puppet and should be ignored.

You would almost think there's an Old Firm cup final this month. They only got through their semifinal in 90 minutes by applying serious pressure to the officials.

More wrong than it gets right = celtc no longer get every single decision going their way, and their favourite linesmen can't use their selective eyesight for offsides anymore.

How does this single brain celled biased mhutant get work in the press? Think I may just have answered my own question.

Hartson in all his wisdom apparently wants VAR scrapped by FIFA as it gets more wrong than it gets right. Quite funny that as Hartson never gets anything right let alone half the things he says.
That mentally challenged lady's front bottom can't spell VAR

I think moving forward there needs to be more clarity on why some decisions were given and why some have been over turned etc. we all know footballs a business and we are all really just a number to clubs. most businesses tend to keep customers informed. the spl should have something on there site to explain how they have come to conclusion a b or c. All we hear is the decision has been over turned. There’s never any explination how they have got to that process. theres 3 people in the var room plus 4 officials at the match. If they can’t get things right between the 7 of them then someone should be held accountable for it. It’s the only job in the world where no matter how bad you have been at your job that day, no one is allowed to tell you or they get fined.

Someone will tell me if im wrong here but aren’t officials on 1k per game ? its part time for them too i think. they should be made to go full time, in the class room learning during the week on that kind of money. Nicky Clark’s first contact with jack the other week was knee high. No explinaction at all as to why it’s been moved to a yellow. Are knee high challenges now okay ?

John Hartson claimed on air Bassey was offside in the semi because his hand was beyond the deepest paedo defender. The guy is a liar. A charlatan.
He's not a liar, he's a fucking idiot. It's almost cruel that he's still paid to give an opinion on professional football when his brain is incapable of understanding the rules.

Shock horror after the hatchet job on Goldson yesterday. They really would have var stopped in this country and have no shame about it.

Genuine 'real life' observation:

All celtic fans disagree with VAR and want it scrapped. They will energetically go on and on about how bad some innocuous decision was.

All Rangers fans, although frustrated with VAR at times, are happy for it to remain.

Seems basic but these cnts will do anything to avoid further scrutiny.
You would think they were the team in 2nd place in the league, 9 points behind first place with the way they complain about VAR.

I knew Hartson was an idiot but fuck me, has the other half of his already tiny brain finally dissolved?

Am I to understand he's challenging the worldwide governing body to scrap VAR because they made a few correct decisions that didn't directly benefit the fenians? I mean I know that's what he's suggesting but I had to type it myself to fully understand his stupidity.

Boy is a Fukin clown.
Not a peep from him about VAR prior to it coming to Scotland.
Now his team are getting less dodgy decisions and are not getting it all their own way he wants it scrapped.
He is too thick to realise he is nothing more than a timmy glove puppet.

You would think they were the team in 2nd place in the league, 9 points behind first place with the way they complain about VAR.
That's because they know how crucial tight (and not so tight) decisions have been for them at key points in the season previously.

That fat slapper postecoglu needs the entire celtic machine to be fully operational to keep his car dent-free.

“they get it more wrong than they get it right”

I assume John didn’t back that up with any facts?

Rhetorical question……
Hartson doesn’t make any sense full stop.
Firstly VAR gets every offside decision correct.
Refs and linesmen previously don’t.

Other decisions are subjective and whether it’s one ref or with VAR there will still be disputes.
However there is the very strong likelihood that more decisions will be correct for major incidents if you have the benefit of several cameras viewing the incident and an additional ref to review these incidents from many angles.
Remember it’s a Video Assistant system which is to bring to the refs attention clear and obvious errors not make the decision.
The ref is notified and he is the final arbiter.

Of course as with Hartson you don’t know or accept the rules if not in your favour nothing works.

Hartson in all his wisdom apparently wants VAR scrapped by FIFA as it gets more wrong than it gets right. Quite funny that as Hartson never gets anything right let alone half the things he says.
I'm always reluctant to belittle or criticise Hartson due to the health issues he overcame.

That being said, he is about as intelligent as the sole of my slipper.
He waffles, mumbles and is unintelligible at times.
I'm not in the least surprised he doesn't understand VAR.
It takes him and hour and a half to watch 60 minute makeover.

They, celtic not just Hartson, want VAR scrapped because the referees are limited in bending the rules to suit them now.

This season we seen Collum cost us 2 points at Easter Road with a sending off VAR would have corrected had it been in operation. Clancy booked Kent for diving at St Mirren till VAR intervened and correctly gave a penalty. Last week Robertson gave celtic a penalty before VAR intervened.

Referees are programmed to think decision to celtic VAR in the main has taken that from them. They don’t like it.

Lets revisit how the officials ensured they won the league last season;

A quick summary of the decisions that ultimately decided the outcome of the title.

26/9/21 Celtic 1 Dundee United 1 Kevin Clancy denies Dundee Utd a stonewall penalty.

www.heraldscotland.com

I expect better from match officials: Tam Courts unhappy after Dundee United are denied 'stonewall penalty'

TAM Courts tonight admitted he was frustrated that Dundee United had failed to take all three points from their cinch Premiership match against Celtic at Parkhead – and claimed the Tannadice club had been denied a “stonewall penalty” by referee Kevin Clancy.

www.heraldscotland.com
www.heraldscotland.com

3/10/21 Aberdeen 1 Celtic 2 Bobby Madden fails to send off Jota for persistent fouling despite being on a yellow card. Jota scores the winner 6 mins from time. Celtic committed 27 fouls but only received 3 yellow cards.

Scots Prem (Sky Sports)

Get the latest news, results, fixtures, videos and more from the Scottish Premiership with Sky Sports
www.skysports.com
www.skysports.com

17/10/21 Motherwell 0 Celtic 2 Motherwell denied a clear penalty and route back in to the match by stand in ref Chris Fordyce.

www.heraldscotland.com

Boli Bolingoli admitted Celtic got away with penalty shout as Motherwell fume over refereeing inconsistencies

FIZZING Motherwell striker Kevin van Veen has revealed that even the Celtic players were telling him his team were denied a stonewall penalty in the…
www.heraldscotland.com
www.heraldscotland.com

2/12/21 Celtic 1 Hearts 0 Alan Mulvanny fails to put his flag up for Celtic’s blatant offside goal. Bobby Madden stops the game when Hearts are on an extra man break because Jota felt his hamstring. He also failed to give Hearts a penalty when McKay Steven was clipped in the box but instead gave Robbie Nielsen a yellow card.

www.scotsman.com

Celtic 1 Hearts 0: Furuhashi's controversial opener settles mesmerising match

Cetic won’t want to give it any headroom after they clung on for a 1-0 success over Hearts that closes the gap on cinch Premiership leaders Rangers to four points once more.
www.scotsman.com
www.scotsman.com

12/12/21 Celtic 1 Motherwell 0 both Tony Watt and Kevin van Veen had penalty claims waved away by referee Euan Anderson. Before Celtic scored from a soft free kick, Motherwell boss Graham Alexander: "I thought it was a really cheap decision, the free-kick. Those challenges go on all over the pitch and it would be stop-start if you give a free-kick for every one of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59536701

15/12/21 Ross County 1 Celtic 2 Alan Muir plays on till celtic score in the 7th minute of added on time.
www.scotsman.com

Malky Mackay: It seemed as if we were playing until Celtic scored

Ross County boss Malky Mackay accused referee Alan Muir of “playing” until Celtic scored as he lamented the seven minutes of added time that brought an Anthony Ralston winner only seconds before the final whistle sounded in a 2-1 defeat for his team.
www.scotsman.com
www.scotsman.com

18/1/22 Aberdeen 1 Rangers 1 A Kevin Clancy masterclass in corruption.
www.scotsman.com

Ally McCoist labels Scott Brown and Kevin Clancy 'embarrassing' as Aberdeen-Rangers fall-out continues

Ally McCoist has branded Scott Brown and Kevin Clancy "embarrassing" following Tuesday night's controversial Premiership clash between Aberdeen and Rangers at Pittodrie.
www.scotsman.com
www.scotsman.com

29/1/22 Ross County 3 Rangers 3. Nick Walsh fails to send off County’s Baldwin 14 minutes in for a blatant straight red card
uk.news.yahoo.com

Boyd delivers red card verdict over 'out of control' Rangers vs Ross County incident

KRIS BOYD reckons Ross County were lucky not to see captain Jack Baldwin sent off against Rangers.
uk.news.yahoo.com
uk.news.yahoo.com

9/2/22 Aberdeen 2 Celtic 3 Willie Collum denies Aberdeen a penalty, celtic‘s winning goal is offside. Linesmen Alan Mulvanny Craig Ferguson.

www.footballscotland.co.uk

Aberdeen vs Celtic verdict as ex-SPFL referee assesses three major flashpoints

Aberdeen felt hard done by over Jota's winner and a penalty claim, while the Portuguese winger also had a goal disallowed

20/2/22 Dundee Utd 1Rangers 1 Bobby Madden fails to award 2 blatant penalties, one being as clear as you will ever see in world football.

Dundee United 1-1 Rangers: Big talking points as spoils are shared at Tannadice

Tam Courts men held on for an important point but it leaves Rangers struggling in the title race

20/2/22 Celtic 3 Dundee 2 Gavin Duncan denies Dundee an injury time penalty for a handball similar to the one Celtic got against Hibs and Aberdeen against us.
www.heraldscotland.com

Cammy Kerr blanking out Parkhead ‘sob story’ to help Dundee stay up after being denied penalty in Celtic loss

CAMMY Kerr believes Dundee are due a break in their battle to beat relegation after being denied a certain penalty in injury-time in their narrow…
www.heraldscotland.com
www.heraldscotland.com

27/2/22 Rangers 2 Motherwell 2 We have 3 goals ruled off as offside Frank Connor puts his flag up wrongly for 2 good goals. Described as pathetic and appalling by a former SPL referee.

www.thescottishsun.co.uk

Ex-ref hits out after two Rangers 'goals' ruled out for offside vs Motherwell

FORMER referee Steve Conroy has hit out after two Rangers ‘goals’ were ruled out for offside against Motherwell. Alfredo Morelos twice had the ball in the net in the second half of the …
www.thescottishsun.co.uk
www.thescottishsun.co.uk

7/03/22 Livingston 1 Celtic 3 Nick Walsh gives Celtic a penalty for handball when the player is on the ground, celtic score their opener from a corner that was an obvious bye kick but over ruled by Nick Walsh. Nick Walsh fails to award a free kick for an obvious handball by Rogic in the build up to Celtic’s second goal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60542778

03/04/22 Rangers 1 Celtic 2 We were denied two clear penalties by Willie Collum, a blatant shirt pull on Goldson in the box by Carter Vickers and obvious handball in the box by Carter Vickers stopping a cross.
www.bbc.co.uk

'If VAR is in, that's a stonewall penalty'

BBC Sportscene pundit Kenny Miller thinks Rangers should have had a penalty in Sunday's 2-1 Old Firm derby defeat by title rivals Celtic.
www.bbc.co.uk

On the subject of penalties they have been whining on whilst clearly ignoring the rules however if we summarise last season

Penalty to Celtic handball in box v Hibs, Penalty to celtic handball v Livingston. Penalty to Aberdeen handball in box v us. Handball in the box celtic v Dundee No penalty Handball in the box celtic, v us No penalty. Handball in box Dundee Utd v us No penalty

A Celtic minded(half a mind) pundit is calling into question the referees and VAR?

Anyone would think that there's an old firm coming up.

19th Century Terrorist lady's front bottom, you can set your watch to it.

Back