The halfwit John Hartson wants VAR scrapped

Var has got every offside correct.

Clean up the handball rule (not just in scotland) and itll be close to perfect.

Maby be a tad quicker aswell.

He wants it scrapped because before especially with offsides his club always got the benefit of doubt.
Exactly this.

They are not content that they only pick up 40% of the cards for fouls all the other clubs in the league get.
They also want their bent linesmen to gift them offside goals back.

Tosser

Funny how all the negative opinions on VAR in Scottish football, stem from one club & its media mouthpieces .........

Hartson in all his wisdom apparently wants VAR scrapped by FIFA as it gets more wrong than it gets right. Quite funny that as Hartson never gets anything right let alone half the things he says.
Of course they want VAR gone.

Look at our recent game against hearts - 4 times we had the ball in the net and 4 times the flag went up - and that is what the problem is for them.

Rightly or wrongly (and if they don't know) officals on the field generally stay on the side of caution with and give the decision against us.

With Celtic it's different the officials on the field are terrified - so for them staying on the side of caution is give Celtic the benefit on the pitch and hope VAR sorts it out from.

Has any other country or any other team in the world reacted to VAR in anything approach Scotland / Celtic??

Last edited:
A tad quicker? needs to be almost instant.

As it stands right now, i think the time some decisions take and the way they break the momentum of games, never mind the amount of time they add, are VAR's biggest weak point.

This 'time difference' might also be the biggest danger to the game as we know it and be the catalyst for wholesale changes.

How long were some games during the world cup? Fark me, players hanging out and breaking every time there was a 'big decision'. Didn't look all that different from American sport to me. I wonder what FIFA would think about more advertising slots during a game? Would they care if it bothered 'legacy' supporters? Or fark them and follow the cash?

Would you trust FIFA to make the correct choice?

I am not liking VAR in it's current set up. It is shite.

Maybe we need two referees on the park, one each end. Maybe they need to be Pro's themselves. Maybe they hire themselves out from an accredited European pool to leagues to stop accusations of bias. The better you are, the more you could charge for a big game.

Plenty could be done to improve refereeing, systems that could double check referee's might improve to a point where they could take over games, something a bit like VAR, only one that works.

VAR needs vastly improved before it changes the game forever. Sadly, the game will be changed for the worst, ruined no doubt, but by then it will be too late, we wont be able to go back.
VAR has improved the decisions 100%

Hartson in all his wisdom apparently wants VAR scrapped by FIFA as it gets more wrong than it gets right. Quite funny that as Hartson never gets anything right let alone half the things he says.
to be fair
so do I

but he wants it cause his team aint getting benefits, not because it holds up the games and ruins moments.

Get ready for a head scratching VAR decision in the final. The pressure on the officials will pay off.

Halfwit is extremely generous. He's almost literally a fucking vegetable.
Stems from his upbringing! ;)

Anytime he reads Var he thinks it was written by a German historian trying to explain both World Wars! ;)

Look at our recent game against hearts - 4 times we had the ball in the net and 4 times the flag went up - and that is what the problem is for them.

To be a pedant , we had the ball in the net 6 times , Alfredo's first goal and Tillman's.

Take Harston out the equation here, make this discussion about football and not 'them' and all of a sudden it is a different thread.

The decisions are better, i see that, but the way we are achieving that is wrecking the game.
not particularly, VAR for me has improved the game of football by helping referees. It's not great from a vision of watching it on TV but I'd rather the right decision was reached and time taken over it. Rugby has improved a lot from their introduction of TMO for example

the only people who want rid of VAR are ones who are disadvantaged by it because they were given free reign in their country for years over refereeing decisions, not a surprise which club that is

So to sum up then : Celtic aren't going to be allowed to win games by scoring offside goals any more, and to stop this injustice VAR must be abolished, not only in Scotland, but on a world-wide basis.
On the question of handball/penalties the current rule in clearly absurd and must have been devised by people who have never played football, sitting in a room with too much time on their hands. A penalty should only be awarded if there is deliberate movement of the hand/arm to deflect the ball, the position of the arms should be totally irrelevant.

“they get it more wrong than they get it right”

I assume John didn’t back that up with any facts?

Rhetorical question……
Why does he think they get it wrong when they are abiding by the rules , and according to the rules they are correct in the decisions , in his opinion are wrong..? All that proves is he literally doesn't know what he's talking about and the guys a fuckin idiot., but we already know that..

Var has got every offside correct.

Clean up the handball rule (not just in scotland) and itll be close to perfect.

Maby be a tad quicker aswell.

He wants it scrapped because before especially with offsides his club always got the benefit of doubt.
Aye suddenly he wants it scrapped, why is it you really want it scrapped.. do tell, he really is the biggest prick in the village. Why does he get the gigs, he's an absolute nutter.

The imbecile who when they scored a penalty in a euro game spluttered how he'd never seen anything like it...then said " It's a Panenka".

So to sum up then : Celtic aren't going to be allowed to win games by scoring offside goals any more, and to stop this injustice VAR must be abolished, not only in Scotland, but on a world-wide basis.
On the question of handball/penalties the current rule in clearly absurd and must have been devised by people who have never played football, sitting in a room with too much time on their hands. A penalty should only be awarded if there is deliberate movement of the hand/arm to deflect the ball, the position of the arms should be totally irrelevant.
Correct in what you're saying , but in several cases they're insisting on penalties / red cards even when VAR is showing evidence proving their claims are false .We even had Sutton ranting after the last Old Firm game that he didn't care what the rules were , and don't get me started about the two ex celtc supporting referees they've wheeled out from , I suspect the Garngad in the last couple of weeks.

Hartson is a halfwit and like all the other halfwits that support the tims, he won't be happy unless every decision goes their way. It's been that way for years, before we had VAR they questioned every refereeing decision that wasn't to their benefit. Now we have VAR, they question the referee's decision and also the var decision. Its always when it's a decision that is not to the benefit of the tims. Does he ever shout about poor decisions that work for the tims, does he ever.

I still can't understand why this guy gets the airtime he does
There’s a reason I laughed at your post.

It’s clear as day and it’s been said here on this thread numerous times already: a useful idiot for the Separate Entity agenda fuelled by their wee lapdog fanboys in the media.

I listened to it on Go Radio. This is just another wing of the Celtic PR machine ran by Paul Coonie and Mark Guidi. Coonie always sets the agenda and day after day they rant about VAR and especially the handball rule which they intentionally try to mislead and confuse.

Hawkey (former Celtic director) also came on and had a moan about it too and surprise surprise his main complaint was Willie Collum in the St Johnstone game against us. He couldn't even get the name right, he said Ryan Kent but I assume he meant Ryan Jack, claims the only time a ref has been asked to go to the screen and not change the decision was Collum in that game and that was his big complaint against VAR.

UEFA announce new rules
Leagues without VAR not allowed to compete in Europe, sit back and see the difference in VAR attitudes by many.:))

It says a lot about celtic being the only club opposed to VAR.
Everybody is out to get them though.
You know, all those teams who awarded them their ninth title in a row, who voted with them to change the mid season break last year, who voted Rangers out of the league, who rejected a paid for inquiry.
Those teams.

29/1/22 Ross County 3 Rangers 3. Nick Walsh fails to send off County’s Baldwin 14 minutes in for a blatant straight red card
uk.news.yahoo.com

Boyd delivers red card verdict over 'out of control' Rangers vs Ross County incident

KRIS BOYD reckons Ross County were lucky not to see captain Jack Baldwin sent off against Rangers.
uk.news.yahoo.com
uk.news.yahoo.com

9/2/22 Aberdeen 2 Celtic 3 Willie Collum denies Aberdeen a penalty, celtic‘s winning goal is offside. Linesmen Alan Mulvanny Craig Ferguson.

www.footballscotland.co.uk

Aberdeen vs Celtic verdict as ex-SPFL referee assesses three major flashpoints

Aberdeen felt hard done by over Jota's winner and a penalty claim, while the Portuguese winger also had a goal disallowed

20/2/22 Dundee Utd 1Rangers 1 Bobby Madden fails to award 2 blatant penalties, one being as clear as you will ever see in world football.

Dundee United 1-1 Rangers: Big talking points as spoils are shared at Tannadice

Tam Courts men held on for an important point but it leaves Rangers struggling in the title race

20/2/22 Celtic 3 Dundee 2 Gavin Duncan denies Dundee an injury time penalty for a handball similar to the one Celtic got against Hibs and Aberdeen against us.
www.heraldscotland.com

Cammy Kerr blanking out Parkhead ‘sob story’ to help Dundee stay up after being denied penalty in Celtic loss

CAMMY Kerr believes Dundee are due a break in their battle to beat relegation after being denied a certain penalty in injury-time in their narrow…
www.heraldscotland.com
www.heraldscotland.com

27/2/22 Rangers 2 Motherwell 2 We have 3 goals ruled off as offside Frank Connor puts his flag up wrongly for 2 good goals. Described as pathetic and appalling by a former SPL referee.

www.thescottishsun.co.uk

Ex-ref hits out after two Rangers 'goals' ruled out for offside vs Motherwell

FORMER referee Steve Conroy has hit out after two Rangers ‘goals’ were ruled out for offside against Motherwell. Alfredo Morelos twice had the ball in the net in the second half of the …
www.thescottishsun.co.uk
www.thescottishsun.co.uk

7/03/22 Livingston 1 Celtic 3 Nick Walsh gives Celtic a penalty for handball when the player is on the ground, celtic score their opener from a corner that was an obvious bye kick but over ruled by Nick Walsh. Nick Walsh fails to award a free kick for an obvious handball by Rogic in the build up to Celtic’s second goal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60542778

03/04/22 Rangers 1 Celtic 2 We were denied two clear penalties by Willie Collum, a blatant shirt pull on Goldson in the box by Carter Vickers and obvious handball in the box by Carter Vickers stopping a cross.
www.bbc.co.uk

'If VAR is in, that's a stonewall penalty'

BBC Sportscene pundit Kenny Miller thinks Rangers should have had a penalty in Sunday's 2-1 Old Firm derby defeat by title rivals Celtic.
www.bbc.co.uk

On the subject of penalties they have been whining on whilst clearly ignoring the rules however if we summarise last season

Penalty to Celtic handball in box v Hibs, Penalty to celtic handball v Livingston. Penalty to Aberdeen handball in box v us. Handball in the box celtic v Dundee No penalty Handball in the box celtic, v us No penalty. Handball in box Dundee Utd v us No penalty
absolutely nailed sir, i salute you

To be fair I wish it was scrapped too ruins the excitement of the game.

Not a fan of it never have been never will!

Fatty had been given his agenda for the week by his Timmy masters, transparent c*nts, they are parasites who do nothing but destroy the game and the country, hate the lot of them.

Back