The herald apology to the Tims

The fuss is about the Herald stating that Celtic were paying their staff wages in full, which would suggest to any right thinking person, that they were paying 100% of their staff wages, not just topping up the government payment by 20%.

Na...as with everything else folk are getting their panties in a twist.

The apology is for saying that Celtic are cutting wages, which they're not. Staff are still going to get 100% of their salary.

The wording of the apology is poor, but it also clearly says that the employees in question are on the government scheme, which as we all know pays 80% up to £2.5k.

I think we've all got bigger things to worry about than an apology that none of us would have seen had it not been posted by the OP.

Last edited:
Well were used to subsidising the bheggars.
Dole money, rent, crisis loans, court cases, battered wimmens sanctuary's, methodone clinics, counseling. So why shouldn't the British government pay for their football club either.
Fckn horrible RHATS

"Celtc have utilised Her Majesty's government's generous scheme of 80% earnings for employees and have agreed to contribute 20% to their minimum wage staff. We apologise for omitting Celtc's contribution to Her Majesty's Government's furlough for 19th Century Terrorists scheme. God save the Queen"

Should have been along those lines.

People on furlough are not allowed to work afaik.

But I never knew companies could "top up" the remaining 20% of salaries on top of the Government's 80%.

Any other companies doing this?

Edit... i should say my work certainly aren't topping up.
Furloughed employees may be able to work for another employer, providing it does not breach their contractual obligations with their current employer.

Na...as with everything else folk are getting their panties in a twist.

The apology is for saying that Celtic are cutting wages, which they're not. Staff are still going to get 100% of their salary.

The wording of the apology is poor, but it also clearly says that the employees in question are on the government scheme, which as we all know pays 80% up to £2.5k.

I think we've all got better things to worry about that an apology that none of us would have seen had it not been posted by the OP.

not looks like Celtic wrote the apology and worded it accordingly

For saying:

The serious misrepresentation of Celtic FC, The Herald newspaper today made the following apology to the Club.

“On our front page promotion for a column on Saturday, we stated 'Celtic cutting non-playing staff’s money shows how far football has lost its soul'.

"We are happy to clarify that Celtic have not cut any non-playing staff’s money. All staff on the Government’s job retention scheme are having their salaries paid in full by Celtic. We apologise to Celtic for our erro
They'd be as well just changing their header to C****c View

:)) how the f*ck are they being paid "in full by Celtic" if they're on the government retention scheme which pays 80% of their salary?! Jesus fucking christ man!
Think the technicality is that any company using this scheme will still be paying the salary to the employee themselves rather than the payment being made directly to the employee by the government.

"All staff on the Government’s job retention scheme are having their salaries paid in full by Celtic."
That's not accurate though is it? Celtc are asking the Conservative govt to make a significant contribution.

Yes, the BRITISH government are paying the majority for these people.

Hope the Green Brigade are enjoying this from a country they despise.

FUCKING HYPOCRITES.

Off topic. Who still calls them the Tim's. Not me. That's like them referring to us as The bears or The bluenose. mentally challengeds

People on furlough are not allowed to work afaik.

But I never knew companies could "top up" the remaining 20% of salaries on top of the Government's 80%.

Any other companies doing this?

Edit... i should say my work certainly aren't topping up.

Yes mate, my company’s doing it.

I was just thinking of them playing with words.
As in “yes, they are paying the staff”.
Just not saying that they get eighty percent back from the government.

You’re probably right. They won’t like to admit to their bigoted fanbase they are being financed by the British Government.

They are paying it in full. They are just going to get reimbursed 80% at a later date from the British government the brass necked cnts

Back