The Herald & Neil Cameron on Abuse at CBC

To be fair to Cameron, he doesn’t excuse Celtic Football Club, just the current board and its employees.

It’s for the court to decide just how culpable CFC and its former board and managerial structure were in the abuse, although if Cameron was a hack worth anything at all, he’d have pointed that out too.

He IS very much excusing them by not calling the ‘seperate entity’ nonsense out for what it is.

Their current boards attempts at rinsing their hands of the whole thing is just as bad as the actions of previous incumbents.

An article I'm sure that has been written or at least run past CFC media / PR types.

Part of a strategy to defuse and mitigate. And paint the victims as moneygrabbers.

It's a start, but let's lay off Neil to a certain extent here. He's a Sports Reporter and not a particularly resilient sort as his breaks for "time out" reflect.

There are proper journalists out there that should be going around doorstepping the Kellys, Grants and Whytes along with running through the Trophy Centre accounts with a fine tooth comb as there's likely to be more uncovered as he was involved with Barry Bennell iirc.

Don't get me wrong, you'll need brass ball and a stab jacket as their support will show their concern for the victims and the investigation by all means f threats and violence.
The Scottish media are very much complicit in the covering up of the full extent of the abuses committed by the likes of Torbett and Cairney. A half-decent investigative journalist would have tackled this decades ago instead of waiting for victims to come to terms with their abuse and speak up.

L
He IS very much excusing them by not calling the ‘seperate entity’ nonsense out for what it is.

Their current boards attempts at rinsing their hands of the whole thing is just as bad as the actions of previous incumbents.

Cameron, like all media personnel at present, will have to be very careful what they say in print or on air for fear of prejudicing any legal action.

Which isn’t to excuse this little rat, but no one is going to come out at this point in time and start saying CFC and CBC were one in the same.

As I say, that will be for the courts to decide.

I'd love for them to come out at some point and say that they're not liable based on being a new company since 1994. Oh the irony.

The first of doubtless many articles wherein a Scottish journalist gingerly tries to excuse themselves from not mentioning the bloody obvious these 30 odd years. As for ‘John not seeking financial gain’ - that’s a disgusting slur on those who do actually want the club to pay for ruining their lives.

Excuse The Abuse, Lite. That’s what that article is

A really terrible article that does nothing to help the victims

It is less difficult for the likes of Neil Cameron to share his observations on this sordid business now than it will be when the outcome of the victims lawyers get busy. If John does exist, it seems unlikely that the others who have been both physically and emotionally damaged will go down the same path as John.

"He is not looking to exploit the situation for financial gain."

Exploitation is a word that should be used when discussing what the perpetrators did to these youngsters. In no way should the word be used when describing potential compensation for decades of hurt most people couldn't begin to imagine.

Personally, I think this is a disgusting article.

That's a shocking article, masquerading as an exposé.

It talks about Savile and how if a wee boy in Cambuslang knew, then people far more powerful also clearly knew. At the end, he talks about how they'd all heard the rumours about CBC too. Surely it follows that if a wee boy in Cambuslang had heard the rumours then the authorities in Scottish football, the police etc had also heard. For whatever reason, they chose to do nothing and allowed the abuse to continue.

Thatcher invited Savile to Chequers. Burns invited Cairney back to run the youth team.

Separate Entity FC party line is pushed again.

I'm not 100% convinced John exists. Maybe if he'd pulled out because he found trawling over the last too painful, I'd be inclined to believe his existence, but effectively what Cameron has written here is John pulled out to protect the good name of celtic - he's a season ticket holder, the baddies are in jail, he doesn't want money, or an apology and its not the current board's fault. The agenda is clear.

If I could ask John one question, I'd ask him what his views are on tax avoidance and whether or not the current board of a company should be made to pay for retrospective closing of a loophole. I suspect he'd want the book thrown at said company, but is happy to absolve another current board of the historic diddling of kids at their company.

That is almost exactly what I took out of it, most notably the part I've highlighted in bold.

That's basically half an article. It couldn't be more obvious that there is massive, massive pressure to be careful when writing about this. People are utterly terrified to make the next obvious conclusion in the story.

There seems to be a genuine fear in our msm to really attack the subject of the fhilths history of organised child abuse.

FBIMG15448839079051550052914.jpg

Going against the grain a bit but it has raised the issue of Celtic coming clean on their involvement in the serial child abuse by three or more people connected to Celtic Boys Club. That is what we have been asking for.

Also we see things through our own prism. I think that he has deleted his social media presence not because of his amelioration of their potential liabilities with that John story and the negative feedback that he was going to get from us because of that but , more particulary , the mountain of shite that was going to descend on him from his own fellow supporters , including the Hag.
That is what scared him off.

I think that this is genuinely brave. He is a Celtic man. He could have easily went down the Separate Entity route like 99.99% of them currently are.
All he had to do was keep quiet and they are very very good at that.

Going against the grain a bit but it has raised the issue of Celtic coming clean on their involvement in the serial child abuse by three or more people connected to Celtic Boys Club. That is what we have been asking for.

Also we see things through our own prism. I think that he has deleted his social media presence not because of his amelioration of their potential liabilities with that John story and the negative feedback that he was going to get from us because of that but , more particulary , the mountain of shite that was going to descend on him from his own fellow supporters , including the Hag.

I think that this is genuinely brave. He is a Celtic man. He could have easily went down the Separate Entity route like 99.99% of them currently are.

He’s not calling them out on the ‘seperate entity’ nonsense at all though.

If anything he’s endorsing it.

I've only ever known Cameron from Twitter with other people engaging him and he's a clown.

That article is a disgrace.

A load of victim blaming and excuses for the present board at Celtic.

Disgusting stuff
An article I'm sure that has been written or at least run past CFC media / PR types.

Part of a strategy to defuse and mitigate. And paint the victims as moneygrabbers.
This hits the nail on the head.

To be fair to Cameron, he doesn’t excuse Celtic Football Club, just the current board and its employees.

It’s for the court to decide just how culpable CFC and its former board and managerial structure were in the abuse, although if Cameron was a hack worth anything at all, he’d have pointed that out too.

Fergus McCann spent thirty years in Canada before coming back to the slop house in 1994. When he became manager at the scum hut in the July of that year Fr Burns first intended signing was Cairney and McCann, as I said, 30 years living across the Atlantic, told Burns just into the job, if you bring that man to this club, you're getting sacked.

So are we seriously to believe a guy out of Scotland for three decades knew about Cairney but the all powerful Bob Kelly and Desmond White didn't? (Kelly used to pick their teams at times, over the manager)

That withered, bigoted wretch, should posthumously be stripped of his knighthood.

And I'll repeat till I'm blue in the face if what happened at the scum hut had happened at Ibrox instead, we'd have been shut down and ratbags like Cameron would have been at the forefront leading the charge.

Torbett founded Celtic Boys Club but was forced out in 1974 when allegations first surfaced.

Who forced him out Neil?

Someone from an entity which was entirely separate...

Although, wait, how could that be?

It'd be like the manager of RBS firing someone at TSB for making a "mistake"

You certainly are going against the grain.

Brave?

It is one of the most cowardly and abhorrent articles I have ever had the displeasure to read.

The bit about John is the clear message. He just wants closure and for it all to go away. Any other attitude is simply an attempt to exploit situation for financial gain!

That kinda writing brave to you yeah?

Last edited:
He deletes it now and then, normally after stirring the hornets nest in one way or another. It's quite fitting really that he doesn't like to be held accountable for his actions.
He's prone to a bit of an online meltdown from time to time is Neil. Not the most stable of characters.

Fergus McCann spent thirty years in Canada before coming back to the slop house in 1994. When he became manager at the scum hut in the July of that year Fr Burns first intended signing was Cairney and McCann, as I said, 30 years living across the Atlantic, told Burns just into the job, if you bring that man to this club, you're getting sacked.

So are we seriously to believe a guy out of Scotland for three decades knew about Cairney but the all powerful Bob Kelly and Desmond White didn't? (Kelly used to pick their teams at times, over the manager)

That withered, bigoted wretch, should posthumously be stripped of his knighthood.

And I'll repeat till I'm blue in the face if what happened at the scum hut had happened at Ibrox instead, we'd have been shut down and ratbags like Cameron would have been at the forefront leading the charge.

It’s inconceivable Kelly and White didn’t know what was going on - everyone else did.

For me one of the biggest issues Celtic have is the conviction of McCafferty.
This wasn’t a Boys Club beast, but an actual employee of the football club, yet he was another predatory paedophile that just happened to be a youth team coach.

Are we supposed to believe it just a coincidence that three members of the Boys Club have also been convicted of historic abuse and that there was no connection between them and McCafferty at the parent organisation?

Any half capable brief should dismantle this separate entity guff easily.

Cameron has deleted his Twitter account, somewhat conveniently.
My take is he somewhat naively wrote an article describing the cover-up and calling out the separate entity nonsense.

Rather than pull the entire article, it was butchered and a fresh spin put on it.

Its reads like its going somewhere then stops dead.

Interesting that he used 'John' as his example after 'John' said this:

John also doesn’t blame the current board or anyone working at the club. Nor does he expect an apology from the club. All he wants is some form of closure.

If this coward had used Andrew Gray for example, his story would be far more scathing at the outrageous cover up perpetrated by everyone at Separate Entity FC.

So Cameron and the mhedia are somehow unable to find any victims who will talk about the abuse they received,this is hard to believe, the hush hush campaign by those so called journalists is pathetic.

Thing that also angers me with this "CBC were not part of the club" is that it didn't take them long to announce how proud they were with players like Grant and McStay etc all came thru the Celtic Boys Club set up, they were happy enough to bum, pardon the pun, about it then but as soon as this came to light they distance themselves from the boys club

Back