The Herald & Neil Cameron on Abuse at CBC

John also doesn’t blame the current board or anyone working at the club. Nor does he expect an apology from the club. All he wants is some form of closure.

Call me cynical but seems like the article was wrote to fit this in.
it certainly looks that way,,i would treat this article with a huge dose of scepticism, make no mistake they will guilt trip every mentally challenged journalist out there to tread as softly on this as possibly, and whilst doing so deflect the readership onto other things,,,, classic mentally challenged tactics

Going against the grain a bit but it has raised the issue of Celtic coming clean on their involvement in the serial child abuse by three or more people connected to Celtic Boys Club. That is what we have been asking for.

Also we see things through our own prism. I think that he has deleted his social media presence not because of his amelioration of their potential liabilities with that John story and the negative feedback that he was going to get from us because of that but , more particulary , the mountain of shite that was going to descend on him from his own fellow supporters , including the Hag.
That is what scared him off.

I think that this is genuinely brave. He is a Celtic man. He could have easily went down the Separate Entity route like 99.99% of them currently are.
All he had to do was keep quiet and they are very very good at that.
Going against the grain a bit but it has raised the issue of Celtic coming clean on their involvement in the serial child abuse by three or more people connected to Celtic Boys Club. That is what we have been asking for.

Also we see things through our own prism. I think that he has deleted his social media presence not because of his amelioration of their potential liabilities with that John story and the negative feedback that he was going to get from us because of that but , more particulary , the mountain of shite that was going to descend on him from his own fellow supporters , including the Hag.
That is what scared him off.

I think that this is genuinely brave. He is a Celtic man. He could have easily went down the Separate Entity route like 99.99% of them currently are.
All he had to do was keep quiet and they are very very good at that.
Brave?

A cowardly and revolting piece from a CFC mouthpiece.

The article is about them but Thatcher - wtf - takes more of a hit!

An utterly nonsensical article .FFS its so obvious the "anonymous John" is right out of the septic PR department. The fella that was sexually abused (not abuse light ?) and was at the Scottish parliament last week with the mother of the lad that had killed himself after also being abused both want septic to take responsibility the disgusting behaviour of THEIR employees.

Torbett founded Celtic Boys Club but was forced out in 1974 when allegations first surfaced. He was allowed to return. Last year, he was found guilty of five abuse charges between August 1986 and August 1994.
He has already served a two-year jail sentence when in 1998 was found guilty of abusing three Celtic Boys Club players.
This is what the club said last week: “Although Celtic Football Club is an entirely separate organisation to Celtic Boys Club,

If it's an entirely separate organization, who forced Torbett out?

They want credit for removing him, but not the blame for everything else that went on around him and his scummy mates.

That is shite.

Not one personal slight against celtc. Just a collection of facts, almost like a diary.

He fails to expose the sheer scale of this cover up and he could have.

Had that article been about Rangers you would have found the following words used in nearly every sentence:

Monster.
Evil.
Illegal.
A ring of abusers.
Disgusting acts.
Despicable men.
Integrity of the league.
Sporting advantage.
NDA'S forced on to victims.
Poor victims.
Undermining trust around the club.
Reputational damage.
Sponsors exodus.
A Rangers supporting season ticket holder is never going back to Ibrox.

Need I go on?

That is shite.

Not one personal slight against celtc. Just a collection of facts, almost like a diary.

He fails to expose the sheer scale of this cover up and he could have.

Had that article been about Rangers you would have found the following words used in nearly every sentence:

Monster.
Evil.
Illegal.
A ring of abusers.
Disgusting acts.
Despicable men.
Integrity of the league.
Sporting advantage.
NDA'S forced on to victims.
Poor victims.
Undermining trust around the club.
Reputational damage.
Sponsors exodus.
A Rangers supporting season ticket holder is never going back to Ibrox.

Need I go on?
Yet, someone on here, thinks the article is Brave?

So far in last week
Cameron (Herald)
presenter (BBC)

have come out with Liewell’s orders.
How many more of this Q of cowards will do so in the coverage in the days ahead.
Sickening!

Article is bullshite, I’d bet “John” was never spoken to. This is a clear attempt at tying to downplay what went on and further distance Celtic from any blame, basically saying a victim doesn’t lay any blame at the club, for me that is not believable.

Funny how he didn't reference those victims who are laying blame at the door of the club and whose lawyers are trying to get the club to speak to them.

You simply cannot attach the concept of exploitation to anyone other than the predatory paedophiles here. It’s classic victim-blaming as it seeks to assign them a motive other than a desire for justice. It’s designed to impugn them and, by doing so, lessen sympathy and support for them.

Insidious and unacceptable.

You have spoken before about how you find Cameron to be ok abs i know guys that went to school with him that say he was a Rangers fan but this and his hatchet job on Gazza show that he is now well and truly in the pocket of our enemies

Sorry, I haven't read all the thread as my Internet time has been limited today. However reading the article I am honestly lost for words.
I will be contacting the Evening Times and Herald tomorrow to find out if this is there official editorial stance regarding this. If so I will be contacting the relevant complaints commission and can assure them that me or any of my family will never purchase any of there products again.
After witnessing first hand young life's being destroyed forever by filthy predators and all the scandal lately over historical abuse. I am honestly at a loss over why any newspaper would deem fit to print this.

Light abuse?
Light abuse is me calling you a c.unt!!

Light abuse; how dare you. These children were systematically sexually abused by adults who formed a paedophile ring within a rancid club and who then established links with sexual predators such as Savile.

Call it what it was you shiitebags!!
Call them out!!

You have spoken before about how you find Cameron to be ok abs i know guys that went to school with him that say he was a Rangers fan but this and his hatchet job on Gazza show that he is now well and truly in the pocket of our enemies

He's openly a Celtic fan, always has been.

Cameron has sold whatever was left of his journalistic integrity for 30 pieces of Celtic's silver.

He should be utterly ashamed of himself. He doesn't get to decide what the victims need either financially or apology wise from the current Celtic board.
Hence the reason the spineless twat disappeared from twitter like shit of a shovel.

A person I knew on being told BJK said Aye but he booted his arse right oot the door. The same person recently now says Big Jock didnt know.

TAL# issue 29 (We're going back a few years)

'Big Jock didn't know, but he found out.'

Which to any sentiment human being means he did know.

Always remember the SNP are still courting these deranged, hate filled muppets. They are the electorate of choice.

"John " has been manufactured to install the guilt factor into the unfortunate tortured minds of those who truly suffered at the hands of those vile pieces of excrement and are due a bloody fortune for what they went through at the hands of their molesters with no apologies from CFC who were certainly ignoring what was going on all those years ago and are now very worried . Suddenly " John " appears from nowhere who happens to be a victim too , just like the real victims only " John " is a REAL supporter and although he went through a torrid time as well although not to the same degree of suffering cannot bring himself to sue the club that he loves and would rather not make things any more awkward for his beloved club and probably hopes the other victims will see the bigger picture and be like " John " and learn to forgive and forget and keep the faith and the good name of the club in tact :oops: . Quite an ingenious plan but only a fool would swallow the saga of faithful " John ".

What a spineless wanker and yet another attempt to set the narrative, if John does exist maybe he got his compo and signed his gagging order 30 odd years ago, or maybe he could meet up with victims who have received medium or hard abuse or whatever pc type term they have invented to suit their agenda. It is nothing simpler than the sorid abuse of young innocent children who's hopes and dreams were exploited by a ring of beasts who used their trust, influence and power to take advantage of these children.

Can’t comment on Cameron’s school days but I know people in his family and he is most definitely not a Rangers fan.

You simply cannot attach the concept of exploitation to anyone other than the predatory paedophiles here. It’s classic victim-blaming as it seeks to assign them a motive other than a desire for justice. It’s designed to impugn them and, by doing so, lessen sympathy and support for them.

Insidious and unacceptable.

Also, it will have an effect of discouraging some victims from coming forward. Shaming them out of reporting any abuse suffered. I suspect that may be the primary reason for the article. Disgusting and sister imo.

The point of the article is to put forward a narrative that it would be wrong to sue the enablers CFC as those who did the acts are behind bars and suing CFC should be viewed as seeking financial gain.

Very clever narrative that aims to draw closure, saying it was wrong but it was no different to Savile and if Thatcher was not held accountable for knowing but not acting then why should CFC.

Thatcher invited Savile, Burns invited Cairney. Difference was that there were no children at Chequers but there were at CBC and CFC were inviting back a known paedophile.

Not sure why journalist fails to see the difference and we definitely know CFC knew about Cainey cause McGinn had made him resign after the New Jersey incident. No evidence Thatcher knew.

Not sure why anyone would want to be associated with CFC given its part in allowing abuse to take place, but for someone who has been abused to still be a season ticket holder you must wonder what sort of mind would not find this abhorrent, but then the Catholic church seems to produce tens of thousands just like him.

If the widespread child abuse had been committed by Jehovas or Mormons, you can bet they would have been closed down.
There will be many hundreds of people still living who would have encountered Savile.
Thatcher has been used on the basis that she is dead and cannot answer.
Another disgusting bit of this article, he's willing to state as fact that dead people who he didn't know hushed up child abuse.

There's one dead person we know for a fact covered it up, still no mention of that most inconvenient truth though.

There will be many hundreds of people still living who would have encountered Savile.
Thatcher has been used on the basis that she is dead and cannot answer.
Another disgusting bit of this article, he's willing to state as fact that dead people who he didn't know hushed up child abuse.

There's one dead person we know for a fact covered it up, still no mention of that most inconvenient truth though.

Tommy burns took secrets to the grave with him no doubt

Bringing Thatcher, the great bogey woman, into this just panders to the Nats and Labourites which probably covers 99% of that mob. Even Louis Theroux did not unmask Saville as a paedofile, just that he was weird. Thatcher dumped Parkinson because he had an affair - she would have had no truck with any deviant.
As we have told them for years, BJK - they know it and we know they know it. Scum is as scum does.

Back