The 'House of cards' comment

I think people are perhaps misunderstanding things a little and confusing what is happening now with their house of cards collapsing. It is not. That fun has yet to arrive.

What Dave King meant was clear; He meant that ONCE they lose a league title THEN their house of cards will come tumbling down.

Their entire budget is based around either a CL win or selling a player for big money. Removing the CL income chance reduces the value of their players, reduces their pulling power and ability to bring in players with a view to profit, it reduces their sponsorship, it reduces their match day revenue, it reduces their corporate sales etc etc etc. Their entire foundations are built on sand and 55 knocks over the house. They are utterly unsustainable financially as anything other than champions and our title win this season, when it comes, will kick start a period of downsizing that will look like Eck's tenure without the trebles.

What is happening now is the warm-up act. The tribute you watch before the main event. the main players are preparing themselves for the scenes to come by serving up a tragedy/comedy (depending on which seats you are in) which is a stand alone event.

As bad as things are now for those mutants, and they are bad, things are about to get a whole lot worse.
I've been saying the same since we got back in the top flight. The only attraction that Celtic had for players was to become part of a famous 10iar team. With that gone, which is getting closer every week, the players with any kind of equity in them will be gone. They are going to have to rebuild from back to front next year as none of them should want to be associated with the failed and totally inept system. Big clear out coming. Rhats and sinking ships come to mind.

Think about it; Could Dave King have had any idea that they would implode so spectacularly this season? He was clearly referencing what would happen with a single title win for us. I think he actually specifically said exactly that too.
DK could not have pinned his prediction to any given season but what he foretold is indeed in motion.
Hard not to enjoy every last minute of it. :)

Let's hope we make the CL proper and they get fucked in the Qualifiers and drop to the Europa. What a financial advantage that would be for us. Also they'd be playing catch up in the league playing most Sundays while we're Saturday, More pressure put upon them.
A combination of CL money and a couple of player sales and we become financially very healthy while they are further diminished. It could be a £60m turn around!
Can we imagine just how sick those dhims who live and (mouth) breath that we have the receivers on speed dial?

I don’t see all of their games but whenever I’ve seen Larry ‘Ntcham’ Fishburne this season he really has looked like he’d rather be anywhere else. I think he’s completely checked out.
He's hurt us in the past but could not get on the pitch on the 2nd when all sorts of infects subs did.
Neic got it right :)

I've been saying the same since we got back in the top flight. The only attraction that Celtic had for players was to become part of a famous 10iar team. With that gone, which is getting closer every week, the players with any kind of equity in them will be gone. They are going to have to rebuild from back to front next year as none of them should want to be associated with the failed and totally inept system. Big clear out coming. Rhats and sinking ships come to mind.
You could imagine the likes of Forest, who is unlikely to want away, deciding to 'stay injured' to avoid the shitstorm brewing if/when* we are declared champions?

* One game at a time!

I remember saying to a couple of celtic mates years ago when we went to the bottom tiers, that, I wouldn't wish what has happened to the rangers on any set of supporters. But by they way we've been treated by the scum and msm on our rise to the top, i wish them nothing but the worst.

Us in the CL
Them in one of the other ones.
I want them playing on the Sunday.

I think people are perhaps misunderstanding things a little and confusing what is happening now with their house of cards collapsing. It is not. That fun has yet to arrive.

What Dave King meant was clear; He meant that ONCE they lose a league title THEN their house of cards will come tumbling down.

Their entire budget is based around either a CL win or selling a player for big money. Removing the CL income chance reduces the value of their players, reduces their pulling power and ability to bring in players with a view to profit, it reduces their sponsorship, it reduces their match day revenue, it reduces their corporate sales etc etc etc. Their entire foundations are built on sand and 55 knocks over the house. They are utterly unsustainable financially as anything other than champions and our title win this season, when it comes, will kick start a period of downsizing that will look like Eck's tenure without the trebles.

What is happening now is the warm-up act. The tribute you watch before the main event. the main players are preparing themselves for the scenes to come by serving up a tragedy/comedy (depending on which seats you are in) which is a stand alone event.

As bad as things are now for those mutants, and they are bad, things are about to get a whole lot worse.
Just back in with the dog freezing that didn't half warm me up and put a smile on my face :) I knew what he ment at the time but haven't really thought about it too much been too busy laughing at the state of them now! Karma is a beautiful thing they will suffer more than we have and I cannot wait! get it round them :))

The fact their fans can’t see this as being the eventual outcome makes them as arrogant as the fat Japanese at the top.
Their world is (hopefully) about to crash down around them. Whit a wee shame...

Despite finishing second they could still potentially get an easier CL path than us as we are possibly going to be unseeded.

This season that would have made potential opponents be Salzburg, Olympiakos and Slavia Prague in the final round

I think a certain amount of that was down to Brenda. Recall reports of players who he liked getting bumper new contracts.
In O'Neills end-of-days, he gave big contracts to Lennon, Sutton, Hartson, Agathe, Balde etc. when its clear some of them were on their last legs. That was a serious bump in the road, but at least they were decent players (but not decent humans). The current crop couldn't light a match to that team.

Do you think this Celtic team are capable of negotiating a more difficult CL qualifying process than the one they've made a cùnt of for years?

They were the worst team in the Europa League this season.
I think they won't be the same team
Or have the same manager

I think they won't be the same team
Or have the same manager

Doubt they'll be in much better condition for it by July.

They'll have a huge rebuilding job on the cards. They'll have to sell some of their better players to fund it and will still be the same recruitment team who brought Barkas, Ajeti and Shane Duffy organising it.

They failed to get past the easier route to the groups with a better team and a better manager. They'd need a minor miracle to reach the group stages this year.

UCL qualification will see us with our foot on their throats.

Absolutely mental when you consider where they could have been if run properly
I think they enjoy being a big fish in a small pond where they can arrogantly call the shots. It’s an unsustainable position that was always going to end in tears for them.

Correct in that the CL money is their bed rock but their failure to even make that stage this season and instead dropped down into their disasterous attempt in the lower competition has helped to jump start their collapse and when the real fireworks start ,it will be a blood bath .
So many top players (a loose phrase for the top earners :))) nearing the end of their contracts at the same time makes for a lovely culmination.
Here we go

Fantastic post, and so true. This isn’t the moment Mr.King spoke of, this is the prelude!!
Once we get our title back, we will reduce their player sales prices, reduce their European revenue, and a massive reduction in ST sales.( although they will lie about their STs, and then claim the banners are to keep the heat in!)
We will also boost our sponsorships, our European income, massive sales of merch, and entice better quality players with CL football and a football icon as their boss. And sell one or two for massive profits, without depleting our squad too much.

The Scottish media have repeatedly let them off the hook for that particular stat, while they glorified Piggery duds hoovering up worthless baubles in a domestic one-horse race. That they lost 1 - 13 to PSG during their " golden era " says it all.

Ah, the invincibles. Some friggin invincibles eh ?

“We appoint a manager who can win games, with more resources, and we take one league title way from Celtic,” King said two-and-a-half years ago. “We only need one league title, we don’t need two or three.

“We need one. Once we take one away, it’s like a pack of cards. Celtic’s cost structure is more like we were ten years ago. We needed Champions League football, and if we went into the Europa League we were in trouble because the cost structure was so high.

Take that away for one season and it will change the numbers on the Celtic side very quickly. Celtic have the comfort levels we once had of knowing we were going to get Champions League money.

“We have to take that away from them and hopefully we have started that process last Friday with the appointment of Steven Gerrard.”

C and P from the other thread; King clearly stating that their house of cards will start crumbling AFTER we win the title.

Things are going to get significantly better than they already are.

Latest posts

Back