The impossible task of communicating with the club

That’s a waste of time as he never gets back to you.

We’ve got a supporters liaison officer who doesn’t liaise with supporters!

Communication with the club is a shambles.

Our SLO response rate I think is over 80% within 1 working day in the last month (will be worse this week as we are off).

But genuinely people shouldn’t be emailing me and not receiving a response. Generally there is a “customer service filter” where general questions sent to me are answered in the same way as our customer service team would answer but we work hard to provide answers where possible.

Lets be honest,they can dress it up with email response times etc but i think all people are asking for is some phone lines things will get sorted a lot quicker its very frustrating waiting days for an email.Cant they just split the staff working at present some answer emails and some answering phone lines i cant see what the big issue with manning a few phone lines is.

Not comparable to the OP’s situation but over the last 6 mths I’ve had poor experiences of ordering programmes and items from the club shop - ignored emails and absence of communication about when orders will arrive.

It follows on from the issues with Castore from the start where I ordered kits on Day 1 of the launch and had to wait for around 6 weeks for them to arrive… while friends who just waited for it to be in the shops had not only the hole top but the away as well.

I’ve decided that I’m just not ordering online from Rangers. I’ll go to one of the shops when I’m in Glasgow and buy the stuff over the counter - our online sales are an utter joke.

Bizarrely the best service I’ve had was when cancelling an order for Seville t-shirts that hadn’t arrived by 20th May, and cancelling MyGers.
In both cases I emailed saying I wanted to cancel and had a response within a couple of hours confirming it was all done.
No push-back on MyGers to try to convince me to stay - just a confirmation that it was done.
If I received such good communication in all my dealings with Rangers then I might not have been cancelling in the first place

Our SLO response rate I think is over 80% within 1 working day in the last month (will be worse this week as we are off).

But genuinely people shouldn’t be emailing me and not receiving a response. Generally there is a “customer service filter” where general questions sent to me are answered in the same way as our customer service team would answer but we work hard to provide answers where possible.
Is anyone within the club listening to the feedback that customer service is generally poor though?

There’s a limit to the number of times that folk will order items, not receive them as expected and then either wait for months (in the case of a 150th anniversary programme I ordered a week before the match), or cancel the order before they decide to not purchase any more products.

Not having a phone number and moving all Comms online is fine as long as people receive something more than a response promising a response within so many days. When that is not followed up and people feel ignored with no means of contacting the company they are trying tondeal with them they disengage.

There are plenty of vendors (often a sole trader/part time business) selling good quality Rangers items, whose delivery performance is far superior to Rangers.

The communication from the club in general really is shocking for a company in the modern day. Not sure whether the reason for this is 1) There is not enough staff for the size of the operation or 2) The staff are incompetent and don't care about the customer experience. Really seems like a total overhaul is required.

Would there be anything against volunteers helping out with replies to emails or answering phone calls?

Im sure even the most basic information would be of some help to supporters.

I’ve had similar issues with communication.

Without the benefit of unquestioning loyalty, Rangers as a business would have no customers.

The people charged with the day to day running of the club are so unfit for purpose it’s unreal.

The intentions and commitment of the people that have pumped money into the club in recent years is beyond question.

However they have entrusted a number of operational tasks to complete incompetents, who shelter under the goodwill owed by the fans to the major shareholders.

The focal point of this is Robertson, a man who virtually no one has a positive word for, yet who remains in post.
Less than helpful when the hierarchy allow the two main contacts supporters have are allowed to go on annual leave at the same time with only a “ Trainee” as back up. Shambles.

No communication what so ever, and everything seems to be a secret too.

Season ticket waiting list, we had people logging in to find out they had seats in their baskets, but if they buy them they might not get them. Not an email to everyone on the waiting list saying on the xx/07/22 we'll be releasing tickets to those on YYY points, after that there will be a drop to those on ZZZ points. Any further available tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis to those on XYZ points and above on xx/07/22. How hard would that be? Stop panicking people and there would be an accessible tangible thing for those with questions to be pointed to. Instead we're 24 days away from the start of the season and people have no idea.

Seville ticketing was the same thing. There was no communication when the tickets would be released, when there were going to be drops in required points etc. The entire ticketing operation is an absolute farce. The website is absolutely useless too. When I was applying for my away games earlier I had "add to basket", which automatically took me to the basket/ check out, when I still had many others to add. So not only is it impossible to speak to anyone, it's difficult/ time consuming to use the website. And I'm fairly alright with tech. That's before we have a website with different log ins for, Rangers, Rangers TV, Rangers Merch and Rangers ticketing... Have we not been hearing for a while the website/ ticket office were getting an upgrade? I really hope they don't think they have done either of those things.

At times like these I do feel really sorry for the SLO. He's in a UEFA mandated job, that the board seem to use to let him hang out to dry. If it wasn't for the UEFA mandate, there is no way it would be a position at the club. But since we have to have one, the board are happy to use him as a piñata for supporters. You can only pish with the cock you've got, and as far as Rangers are concerned the less supporters know, the less we pay people to tell them then the better.

Literally any other company in the world with this level of customer service you'd rip up contracts, leave and never use again. It's a shambles.

I’m still amazed MyGers members didn’t get emailed ticket sale dates last season. Has that been the case so far this membership term?
Yeah the emails seemed to only be sent to ST holders. An email came out last week with tkt sale dates but again this was for when ST holders could buy (friendlies) and not Mygers members without a ST. Just another thing the TO cant get right

Bottom line, it's beyond unacceptable. We are one of the biggest football clubs in the world, with a global fan base, and just reached another European final. Yet, to get any sort of response from the club, fans need to rely on FF. That's just wrong. Don't take this personally SLO, but if people are on AL, then its the club's responsibility to ensure adequate coverage, especially at the most important part for season ticket renewals and enquiries. The seniors for the customer service department need their baws booted, end of story.

Bizarrely the best service I’ve had was when cancelling an order for Seville t-shirts that hadn’t arrived by 20th May, and cancelling MyGers.
In both cases I emailed saying I wanted to cancel and had a response within a couple of hours confirming it was all done.
No push-back on MyGers to try to convince me to stay - just a confirmation that it was done.
If I received such good communication in all my dealings with Rangers then I might not have been cancelling in the first place

See that’s infuriating as if it wasn’t Rangers and was any other company making you feel so insignificant to their livelihood like that, you’d rightly never part with cash for them again. There are so many other businesses that operate like this too which is the frustrating thing. We should be better than that.

Yeah the emails seemed to only be sent to ST holders. An email came out last week with tkt sale dates but again this was for when ST holders could buy (friendlies) and not Mygers members without a ST. Just another thing the TO cant get right
I just can’t fathom it. I’m a member of a Club in Germany and I get an email for every single home and away match regarding ticket sales dates. I expect it’s one of the main reasons people join MyGers as well.

Less than helpful when the hierarchy allow the two main contacts supporters have are allowed to go on annual leave at the same time with only a “ Trainee” as back up. Shambles.

We have a full customer service department working. My department and John’s are related but distinct. John is the DAO, but he is also allowed annual leave. Whilst he is away CS will tackle some of the items of course as they would filter items that don’t require his direct involvement.

We also have a member of the ticketing team who generally deals with accessible ticketing so that side is covered.

Last edited:
Bottom line, it's beyond unacceptable. We are one of the biggest football clubs in the world, with a global fan base, and just reached another European final. Yet, to get any sort of response from the club, fans need to rely on FF. That's just wrong. Don't take this personally SLO, but if people are on AL, then its the club's responsibility to ensure adequate coverage, especially at the most important part for season ticket renewals and enquiries. The seniors for the customer service department need their baws booted, end of story.

ST renewal period is pretty much finished and we have a short window before the new season starts. My week of annual leave is the first AL I’ve used this term.

Neither John or Myself are customer service. They have their full team in just now.

Appreciate not everyone understands the boundaries between the departments and that’s maybe something we could help clarify more.

For instance:
Retail is all 100% handled by Castore. Any complaints the club receive are passed on to their own CS team.

Programmes are fulfilled by a third party so any complaint on that are chased up and we require external people to fulfill those orders.

MyGers is a internal as is ticketing, parking and other general club items. RTV has external CS but an internal team we can escalate complaints etc.

The dates for ticket sales for the next few months were in the big update email sent to MyGers Members. I agree it should be on the website though, can't be that difficult to facilitate.

Couldn’t agree more

The dates for ticket sales for the next few months were in the big update email sent to MyGers Members. I agree it should be on the website though, can't be that difficult to facilitate.

It doesn't help that the dates for the friendlies are wrong. What faith can we put on the other dates being correct

Thats the email im talking about, the sale dates are for ST holders and not Mygers members without ST's. West Ham went live today for folks without ST's

My bank have messed up last Friday and returned my direct debit the full amount for some reason so I’ve missed the direct debit payment.

Tried since Friday to get in contact through email, phone, social media. Even a number direct to someone in the ticket office but to no avail. All I want is to rectify and get my book paid but the ignorance from the club as big as ours is ridiculous. Quick to fire out 100 kits a season in your email folder though. Worried my book will get cancelled now tbh.

I’ve been trying since last week to get a reply regarding my sons mygers account and have had nothing back. It’s very poor from the club that they can’t answer a phone or reply to an email

We have a full customer service department working. My department and John’s are related but distinct. John is the DAO, but he is also allowed annual leave. Whilst he is away CS will tackle some of the items of course as they would filter items that don’t require his direct involvement.

We also have a member of the ticketing team who generally deals with accessible ticketing so that side is covered.
Fair enough but why then didn’t the OP get a reply until he put his complaint on a fans forum like this. You can surely understand why he is a tad disappointed.

Fair enough but why then didn’t the OP get a reply until he put his complaint on a fans forum like this. You can surely understand why he is a tad disappointed.

I’m not privy to the situation, other than what has been placed here but as it’s a nuanced issue with no clear actionable outcome it would be reserved for management and as such John will need to look over it. I think we need to get better at “holding responses” to update fans that we are in the process of dealing with items but there may be a wait. But that’s without knowing specifics.

I do know John is a diligent worker who is making good strides in getting the club real options to improve our accessible facilities.

I’m not privy to the situation, other than what has been placed here but as it’s a nuanced issue with no clear actionable outcome it would be reserved for management and as such John will need to look over it. I think we need to get better at “holding responses” to update fans that we are in the process of dealing with items but there may be a wait. But that’s without knowing specifics.

I do know John is a diligent worker who is making good strides in getting the club real options to improve our accessible facilities.
I find it impossible to get accessible seating. Iv emailed you a few times and never had a reply from you. John arranged for TO to call me to offer me accessible seats for a game last season but once I got to Ibrox it wasn't accessible at all! I have emailed my proof of disability etc and 3 years on still not further forward. Can't even apply for season ticket as need accessible seats and that not possible through general season ticket waiting list.

I find it impossible to get accessible seating. Iv emailed you a few times and never had a reply from you. John arranged for TO to call me to offer me accessible seats for a game last season but once I got to Ibrox it wasn't accessible at all! I have emailed my proof of disability etc and 3 years on still not further forward. Can't even apply for season ticket as need accessible seats and that not possible through general season ticket waiting list.

Hi BNB,

I wouldn’t be the one to answer you, it would be John so it would have been passed on to him. Did you go back to him to let him know what was offered wasn’t suitable?

Thanks.

Hi BNB,

I wouldn’t be the one to answer you, it would be John so it would have been passed on to him. Did you go back to him to let him know what was offered wasn’t suitable?

Thanks.
I did let him know he said he would get back to me but never heard anything and now he's off on annual leave so unlikely I'll be able to get any tickets for friendlies. Its bad that other clubs have ambulant seating and season tickets but a big club like rangers doesn't. You only cater for wheelchair users

ST renewal period is pretty much finished and we have a short window before the new season starts. My week of annual leave is the first AL I’ve used this term.

Neither John or Myself are customer service. They have their full team in just now.

Appreciate not everyone understands the boundaries between the departments and that’s maybe something we could help clarify more.

For instance:
Retail is all 100% handled by Castore. Any complaints the club receive are passed on to their own CS team.

Programmes are fulfilled by a third party so any complaint on that are chased up and we require external people to fulfill those orders.

MyGers is a internal as is ticketing, parking and other general club items. RTV has external CS but an internal team we can escalate complaints etc.
As I said mate, it's nothing personal on you. But this query was a customer service issue, and in order for the poster to get it resolved, it's came through you. So as a matrix management structure, you are linked in the process when queries like this happen.

There was nothing wrong with previously being able to go into the ticket office. I cannot understand why they have closed it/reduced the hours significantly.

I did let him know he said he would get back to me but never heard anything and now he's off on annual leave so unlikely I'll be able to get any tickets for friendlies. Its bad that other clubs have ambulant seating and season tickets but a big club like rangers doesn't. You only cater for wheelchair users

It is an area that’s been identified as part of our wider access audit and the club are looking at options now. We shared some of them recently with our disability matters working group and they would cater for both wheelchair and ambulant. Big changes required but the club are working towards these items in Ernest.

There’s a specific email for the department that deals with disabled issues. Unfortunately I don’t know what it is but poster @forlanssister will know it if he drops in on this. EDIT: now provided by the SLO in a later post.

There’s also a page on the website that might prove helpful but I think the email address, if someone can provide it, will be more fruitful.

disabilitymatters@rangers.co.uk

Reading this is just so disappointing, if it’s happening to me and you then I wonder how many others it’s happening to that aren’t on here.
My brother sent his proof of disability 2/3 years ago also, when he was enquiring about something last season they had no record of his disability and the proof he sent in.
Honestly laughable, all dialog coming for the club regarding disability’s is basically “we’re working on it”. We are so far behind it’s frightening.

Who in their right mind would want to make it easy for half of FF to be any to contact them? Going on some of the mental posts on here I'd be making it as hard as possible. %^*& that haha

That's not the solution. Guy has a problem and wants to speak to the club direct. Its an absolute shambles from top to bottom.
How is speaking to the support liaison not a solution? Its literally the job role to handle supporters issues. Ive spent the best part of the last 20 years being a liaison for corporate partners and I feel for Greig handling so much on his own, there should be a team helping him.

How is speaking to the support liaison not a solution? Its literally the job role to handle supporters issues. Ive spent the best part of the last 20 years being a liaison for corporate partners and I feel for Greig handling so much on his own, there should be a team helping him.
Probably, but the guy has an issue that only the club can solve. There should be no need to involve a third party.

Reading this is just so disappointing, if it’s happening to me and you then I wonder how many others it’s happening to that aren’t on here.
My brother sent his proof of disability 2/3 years ago also, when he was enquiring about something last season they had no record of his disability and the proof he sent in.
Honestly laughable, all dialog coming for the club regarding disability’s is basically “we’re working on it”. We are so far behind it’s frightening.
Yeah its pretty scary how far behind the club is. I thought I had mine all sorted ready to go on a match to match scheme but because I'm not in wheelchair at the moment and on crutches they said oh you'll just need to find your own seat.

If that's from the email from 21/06 then it looks like it only went to season ticket holders as I only got it for the 2 of us with season tickets but nothing for my grandson who hasn't.

Probably because it was telling us we had to buy our season ticket seats
Ah ok then so it seems poor communication again reading other posts

Back