The inability to deal with a long straight ball!

Laudrup is God

We are all at sea just now with a long high ball it’s amazing how often we end up in trouble with it! Simpson just couldn’t read it and was far too weak also Goldson is miles away from last season.

Our midfield imo is the trouble we have no real defensive minded midfielder nor an attacking one so we don’t pick the ball up outside either box that’s why sides are getting so much space to play especially at Ibrox.

Celtic nearly equalised against us right after we took the lead with the same thing.

It’s fcking dreadful that high punts up the middle actually pose a consistent threat.

I wish the defence would attack the ball aggressively and make sure it doesn't bounce. why we can't learn is a mystery. that said the infield need to switch on press. All the good stuff we did last season we are not doing.

It’s caught us out all through SG’s time. Happened at Pittodrie in a midweek game where we were blowing them off the park. They changed formation and started long ball down the middle and we were lucky to leave with a draw.

We are all at sea just now with a long high ball it’s amazing how often we end up in trouble with it! Simpson just couldn’t read it and was far too weak also Goldson is miles away from last season.

Our midfield imo is the trouble we have no real defensive minded midfielder nor an attacking one so we don’t pick the ball up outside either box that’s why sides are getting so much space to play especially at Ibrox.
Easily roughed up these days with a high direct ball. Scottish football loves a high direct ball as well.

I don’t get why he takes Davis off during the week and lundstram has probably one of his best games for us, so why not give Davis a rest and see what lundstram can do seeing as he seems to be getting up to pace of the game up here.

Gerrard also moans about not being able to play a settled team yet drops balogun to play Simpson. So many team changes just now just not making any sense.

The long ball might be out of fashion just now but it's an under-estimated football tactic.

Simple and (often) effective.

I missed the game today so this isn't based on that but I've never felt it was Goldsons strength, he's decent in the air but never struck me as a defender who will go through someone to win a header.

We are slipping back to where we were 2 and 3 seasons ago where we were just too easy to score against. Its not that we concede loads of goals but that teams don't seem to have to put us under any sustained pressure or need too many chances to get a goal.

Back