The irony of Dundee Utd playing a tiny part in 55

seems to be few on FF who will be cheering on the papes this sunday, tuned into dundee tv drinking eden mills.

Arabs really need to win both games to finish in the top 6 - they are 4 points behind St Boo with 2 games left and minus 10 goals. So unless we put 8 past St Mirren on Saturday a draw isn't really enough for them.

So they might go all out attack if 0-0 at 85 mins.

At the moment they are 7th and four points behind with a vastly inferior goal difference so need something on Sunday to keep their top 6 hopes alive, that said if St Mirren get something on Saturday it might be all over anyway

Possibly but I think the lure of top 6, 2 more games against the OF under the Sky cameras should be enough to motivate any player

Why wouldn't Dundee Utd want to win ? The higher up the league the better for them - why should they care when we win the league ?

I hope we win it on Sunday.

Won a good few titles at Tannadice in recent memory. Shankland & Clark would be right up for it!! It would truly hand the banter years baton over to that mob if Nicky Clark “clinched” 55!!!

Rangers won in 1999–2000 (Advocaats 2nd Season) when Celtic drew 1-1 with Hibs at home leaving them with a 17 point gap with only 5 games to go.

However the game after the draw was still a massive celebration and treated as a clincher. Im just happy to see it over the line ASAP.

it will be like that Austria v Germany game in the WC years ago

Utd wont want us winning it, dims wont want us winning it at their patch - might put a bet on some o.g.'s being scored in this game...............
The Arabs have top six to play for, especially if we beat St Boo. They might have more to gain by winning than the orks.

100% won at St Johnstone that one, one of the first I remember
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/football/scottish_premier/722799.stm

Celtic 1-1 Hibernian
Rangers have won the Scottish Premiership title - their 11th league crown in a remarkable 12-year spell.

The Ibrox team were not even playing on Saturday, but they were still confirmed as champions after their arch rivals Celtic failed to beat Hibernian.

Rangers can now celebrate yet another trophy when they take on St Johnstone in Perth.

With Rangers 18 points ahead at the start of the day and just six games left, only a home win for Celtic could have prevented Rangers securing the title.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/football/scottish_premier/722799.stm

Celtic 1-1 Hibernian
Rangers have won the Scottish Premiership title - their 11th league crown in a remarkable 12-year spell.

The Ibrox team were not even playing on Saturday, but they were still confirmed as champions after their arch rivals Celtic failed to beat Hibernian.

Rangers can now celebrate yet another trophy when they take on St Johnstone in Perth.

With Rangers 18 points ahead at the start of the day and just six games left, only a home win for Celtic could have prevented Rangers securing the title.
My whole life has been a lie :(

I’m convinced if we beat St Midden they will chuck it on Sunday so we can’t win it at theirs.
Not sure, I think they could just drop points because they are crap.
If that was us , I'd like to think we'd do our best not to have our most bitter rivals come to our patch as champions or indeed leave as champions.

I know what you are saying but we climbed all obstacles put in our way including dodgy officials and we did it alone without anyone's help!

Will Gerrard be at Tannadice on Sunday?

Managers of other teams have still been at games this season to watch their next opponents. I remember seeing Brian Rice at one of the matches.

Will Gerrard be at Tannadice to watch our next opponents in the league, Celtic, and celebrate us winning the league?

Back