The irony of Dundee Utd playing a tiny part in 55

More chance of finding shergar we will win it don't need help...but stranger things have happened

I’m convinced if we beat St Midden they will chuck it on Sunday so we can’t win it at theirs.
This wouldn’t be such a bad thing since after Sunday it’s a fortnight till our next league game and we could focus 100% of our efforts on Slavia.

I'd love to go into the 2 European games knowing it's already mathematically certain so we can give it our all.
I just have this image of Alfie scoring the goal for 55 in my head which I can’t let go of. Nicky Clark doesn’t have the same magic for me :))

I’m convinced if we beat St Midden they will chuck it on Sunday so we can’t win it at theirs.
it will be like that Austria v Germany game in the WC years ago

Utd wont want us winning it, dims wont want us winning it at their patch - might put a bet on some o.g.'s being scored in this game...............

Don't know if I want the scum to win on sunday so we can go to the mhidden and put them to the ultimate sword again..........22 years on.

If lennon was still in charge id agree but with the bravest man in football wanting that job he will be doing his best to get a win
This is my thinking as well. He probably won't get the job and probably knows that as well. However any slim chance he has would need him winning this then stopping is winning it there. Can't see for a minute him not trun8to win the game.

I think Dundee U have a great chance of beating them. The filth are rotten and if we beat St Mirren they will be faced with a massive dilemma of us having the opportunity to win at in their midden.

I really think it won’t go that far, they’ll bottle it and get turned over.

There is something utterly fantastic about winning the league at Sharkhead.
I think we’ll destroy St Mirren .... and Celtc will narrowly beat United
I can also see Alfie scoring against Celtc

What I noticed.

If we win, a Dundee win sets up a last chance pre split game for top 6, go ho above StMirren.

A draw will be no good for them.

So if its 1.1 late on, id imagine someone will win the game. They Will need to go all out for it.

Folk keep saying Celtic will chuck it. Dundee Utd are more than capable of taking points off this Celtic team trying their best

I was away to post that the only way I could see it happening was if the DABs had a chance of a top 6 finish, thinking that it was gone due to the 4 point gap to St Boo, forgetting that there's another game to play before the split. :oops:

If we beat St Boo, like we should, I can see the DABs properly going for it.

Folk keep saying Celtic will chuck it. Dundee Utd are more than capable of taking points off this Celtic team trying their best
a while since the game but the one at the Tesco ground was only settled with a jammy last minute winner wasn't it?

Shankland to score and then a hundred threads appear on here wanting us to sign him :cool:

When Clough won the title with Derby in 1972 the whole team were on holiday in Majorca. Their season had finished the previous week then Wolves beat Leeds the following week.

Celtic have been pish all year but surely they wont chuck it on Sunday. The league is over as everyone knows but surely they still have professional pride and at least think they can win their next two games just to stave off the inevitable? I reckon they will win narrowly, probably another 1-0.

Back