The Juniors - 12th October 2019

No Gers today, so why not slip down to your local Juniors for all the fun of the fair at only £6! £3 concessions. Sectional cup final to savour, but I'm off to Dunterlie for 'nauld's visit.

Largs Thistle 1-1 Beith

Another perfect day for football with a light breeze and a few high up nimbus clouds complimenting the bright sunshine which streamed down on the Costa Clyde capital, Largs.

Beith, hitting towards the hills and the tea bar started well and came close in the first minute.

Once Largs hit their stride it was an even game against an experienced and hairy assed Beith side. Largs went ahead with a brilliant goal following a great cross and a flashing header from Brophy which gave the Beith keeper no chance.

Largs started to dominate and it was against the run of play that Beith equalised just before half time through the experienced McLean, who was sent off for being gobby to the referee in the second half.

With the Beith main threat now in the changing room, Largs had a number of chances and at times swamped the Beith defence. It looked like dads against their boys and Largs were the boys! It looked as if half-time pies had been on the menu in the away dressing room.

Although It was almost one way traffic in the second half it ended 1-1.

It was an entertaining match sprinkled with yellow cards and one red, including a yellow for the Beith manager.

The lentil soup was very good and the scotch pies were reported to be excellent.

Irvine Medda next week for Thistle.

Mon the Theesel!:))

Another vital 3 points for Rossvale on our travels down at Glenafton, probably a deserved result given our first half performance.

Could be a vital point for Pollok at Meadow Park. Well done to Forde, Henry and Stuart McCann for well taken efforts but by f**k was that a struggle for 65 minutes. Couldn't string four passes together and some of the defending for Medda's goals was absolutely abject. Dubious offside call for the first goal but if you defend like they did you can't complain too much if the lino gets it wrong. That said Medda's moves were well worked and their third was quite a creative piece of play. Murdie's team selection a bit of a headscratcher with four strikers starting the game, but to still be top after that today has to go down as a decent result. Will it lift confidence for the trip to Blair Park next week? Who knows but with 'ford going through a rough patch at the minute it'll be an interesting game to watch.

Sadly it won’t be. Talbot will be comfortable winners. The Lok might get 2nd.
The only way I can see Pollok putting in a serious challenge for the league will be down to two things: beating Talbot to get over the psychological hurdle and making a couple of decent signings. The squad has improved but it's still thin in certain areas imo.

That said, I essentially agree - Pollok will do well to be comfortably second. Anything else will be a bonus.

Sadly it won’t be. Talbot will be comfortable winners. The Lok might get 2nd.

If pollok accumulate a league akin to Hurlford last season I doubt we could replicate the run we went on to win it. We won every away game last season. We’ve already drawn one so far this season.

Even if we were to lose to cove next week - which I hope we don’t - we will still be yet another game behind in the league to pollok and medda.

As another poster states we will be playing two games a week from April onwards. We were very lucky to have only one Monday game last season toward the end of the season (and I think the league was won before we went to Camby).

I hope I’m wrong though and go unbeaten in junior games to the end of the season. Starting tomorrow.

If pollok accumulate a league akin to Hurlford last season I doubt we could replicate the run we went on to win it. We won every away game last season. We’ve already drawn one so far this season.

Even if we were to lose to cove next week - which I hope we don’t - we will still be yet another game behind in the league to pollok and medda.

As another poster states we will be playing two games a week from April onwards. We were very lucky to have only one Monday game last season toward the end of the season (and I think the league was won before we went to Camby).

I hope I’m wrong though and go unbeaten in junior games to the end of the season. Starting tomorrow.
I still think Talbot are too good.

Winton Rovers up to 3rd in West League 1, after beating East Kilbride 3-1 yesterday at Winton Park.

Sectional league cup final today

Lanark Utd v Talbot at Beechwood Park, Auchinleck (yes we are at home in a final, get over it :D all teams were asked to apply to host it long before we knew who would be in the final) ki 2pm £8 adults £4 concessions

Talbot 6 Lanark 1

Lanark keeper didn't have his best game ever and was at fault for at least 3 goals

Honest opinion - is the 2nd goal a foul on the Lanark keeper? I thought it was at the time from farther down the park - this seems to suggest it wasn't a foul

Largs Thistle 1-1 Beith

Another perfect day for football with a light breeze and a few high up nimbus clouds complimenting the bright sunshine which streamed down on the Costa Clyde capital, Largs.

Beith, hitting towards the hills and the tea bar started well and came close in the first minute.

Once Largs hit their stride it was an even game against an experienced and hairy assed Beith side. Largs went ahead with a brilliant goal following a great cross and a flashing header from Brophy which gave the Beith keeper no chance.

Largs started to dominate and it was against the run of play that Beith equalised just before half time through the experienced McLean, who was sent off for being gobby to the referee in the second half.

With the Beith main threat now in the changing room, Largs had a number of chances and at times swamped the Beith defence. It looked like dads against their boys and Largs were the boys! It looked as if half-time pies had been on the menu in the away dressing room.

Although It was almost one way traffic in the second half it ended 1-1.

It was an entertaining match sprinkled with yellow cards and one red, including a yellow for the Beith manager.

The lentil soup was very good and the scotch pies were reported to be excellent.

Irvine Medda next week for Thistle.

Mon the Theesel!:))
;)Kilwinning away next week guys not Medda

Back