The Juniors - 18th January 2020

Not long home. :( Kept bar open a we bit later than I should have.o_O
Darvel Jns at home.
Might go up to the hut and get sorted.:eek:
Mon the Fermers Boys.

Scott Robertson is an absolute fkn clown and needs to be sacked

Has he got previous for this type of thing?

He has previous for being absolute shit at the job he used to have - he was the fixtures secretary for years. And for that alone he should’ve been binned long ago.

Can’t comment on whether he’s made any remarks like that before.

He has previous for being absolute shit at the job he used to have - he was the fixtures secretary for years. And for that alone he should’ve been binned long ago.

Can’t comment on whether he’s made any remarks like that before.
I remember him now, the way the fixtures work out in the juniors game have long been a mess.

I would have travelled up to Kirkintilloch to watch the buffs but the freezing cold of last night has hampered my recovery from this feckin chest infection- I’m down with the plague again

I would have travelled up to Kirkintilloch to watch the buffs but the freezing cold of last night has hampered my recovery from this feckin chest infection- I’m down with the plague again

Game's just been called off, shockingly late for those that have travelled up.

Game's just been called off, shockingly late for those that have travelled up.
Just got a message from those that travelled up - we were told by rob roy before leaving Kilwinning that the game was definitely on - but when they arrived at the ground there was a notice up saying match off frozen pitch, a bloody shambles

Talbot 5 Benburb 0

Talbot scored in the 2nd and 6th minute and I was convinced I was going to see us hit double figures this afternoon

However, thanks to the Bens goalkeeper I only saw 3 in the second half.

How he made one save in particular - a top corner goalbound effort from one of his own players :eek: - I will never know, it was miraculous. Heard he was/is on Hamilton's books

Results elsewhere have "seemed" to go in our favour too so it may have been a very good day for us in the league

Good victory for Rossvale against Beith, if we had taken the 4 or 5 clear chances after scoring it would have looked a lot more convincing than 2-1 suggests. Strange substitutions didnt help us towards the end when Beith had the majority of their chances. Nice draw as well and we will hopefully tear St Rochs apart!

Lie netted in 5 mins & then went 2 up. Gartcairn pulled one back, but lie promptly restord their 2 goal lead, despite play appearing even. A 4th befiore HT; a brace each for Ross (2 tricklers) & Lee (2 belters). Gartcairn must have felt robbed. They pulled another quickly in the 2nd half & looked on top. Yet 'lie netted 3 more times (hattrick for Lee), the 7th being the last kick of the game. 7-2 FT. Frew at Dunterlie next week

Ardrossan Winton Rovers 3-0 Royal Albert
Winton getting the 3 points to stay in 5th position in league 1 west. Still in with a shout of promotion.

'Ford were giving Pollok the runaround for the first twenty minutes or so, but thankfully Murdie recognised this and changed his formation to a 4-4-2 which evened things up in the middle of the park and allowed 'Lok to gain more of a foothold in the game. Both sides played some enterprising stuff in the first half with the visitors seriously impressing with some good structured play. Pollok had an inspired Jordan Longmuir to thank with some smart saves to deny United particularly after auxiliary right-back Jamie Henry gifted a gilt edged chance with a poorly weighted pass back. Despite this, the home side took the lead after some neat interchange play between the touchline and the 18 yard box on the enclosure side saw a clipped cross slammed home by Stuart McCann, resulting in a slightly flattering half-time advantage.

The second half was more comfortable for the hosts and on chances created (and squandered), Hurlford couldn't really have too many complaints when Chris Duff notched in the latter stages to secure the points for the Southsiders. Darren Henderson's charges have seen their unbeaten run come to an end, whilst Murdie's men will be pleased with getting back on track after dropping two precious points last time out at New Tinto and exacting some revenge for their 1-0 reverse at Blair Park back in October, along the way.

Credit to both sides as it was a good game to watch.

MTLN

'Ford were giving Pollok the runaround for the first twenty minutes or so, but thankfully Murdie recognised this and changed his formation to a 4-4-2 which evened things up in the middle of the park and allowed 'Lok to gain more of a foothold in the game. Both sides played some enterprising stuff in the first half with the visitors seriously impressing with some good structured play. Pollok had an inspired Jordan Longmuir to thank with some smart saves to deny United particularly after auxiliary right-back Jamie Henry gifted a gilt edged chance with a poorly weighted pass back. Despite this, the home side took the lead after some neat interchange play between the touchline and the 18 yard box on the enclosure side saw a clipped cross slammed home by Stuart McCann, resulting in a slightly flattering half-time advantage.

The second half was more comfortable for the hosts and on chances created (and squandered), Hurlford couldn't really have too many complaints when Chris Duff notched in the latter stages to secure the points for the Southsiders. Darren Henderson's charges have seen their unbeaten run come to an end, whilst Murdie's men will be pleased with getting back on track after dropping two precious points last time out at New Tinto and exacting some revenge for their 1-0 reverse at Blair Park back in October, along the way.

Credit to both sides as it was a good game to watch.

MTLN

One of the better games at Newlandsfield this season, very enjoyable.

Great goal from Forde, and Longy made some great saves. Credit to Jamie Henry playing out of position also, with an injury to his previously dislocated shoulder.

One of the better games at Newlandsfield this season, very enjoyable.

Great goal from Forde, and Longy made some great saves. Credit to Jamie Henry playing out of position also, with an injury to his previously dislocated shoulder.
Agreed mate, for Junior fare it was more than decent. Fordey's 'meg and cross for Stuart was good - both are honest triers. Jordan's reclaimed his jersey from Josh Lumsden recently - I don't know if it's through form, rotation or something else. It was a bit of a surprise to see Henry replace Jordan McMillan though. I wonder if he's away back to Dumbarton as he wasn't on the bench? As you say though, he did well and came on to a game in the second half.

Looking forward to the Scottish Cup this coming weekend.

Surprised to read of Brora Rangers ambitions to play in League 2 next season, given the closest away game looking like Elgin City which is a 200 miles round trip and the furthest at Annan which is a 600 miles round trip the financial implications for the club and supporters will be considerable.

Surprised to read of Brora Rangers ambitions to play in League 2 next season, given the closest away game looking like Elgin City which is a 200 miles round trip and the furthest at Annan which is a 600 miles round trip the financial implications for the club and supporters will be considerable.
Wow. I'm all for ambition but surely the cost overhead would render this idea prohibitive?

Back