The Juniors - 21st September 2019

Lie @ Dalmellington. Craigmark were one up before I got my pie last term. A draw ensued. Today will be better!
With our big team away tomorrow, Gers fans have a wide range of 'friendly' Juniors to pick from today for just £6!

Port Glasgow... last years sponsored by Eldorado,

now sponsors by

Screenshot-91.png

Rossvale lose 1 nil at home v Rob Roy, was always going to be difficult for us. Boys away on holiday, centre half suspensed, injuries to an already small playing staff. The kind of game which looks like Davif Gormley is going to have to work wonders to keep us up.

Johnstone Burgh 2 Maybole 0

Great start to the season from the Burgh. Brave managerial appointment looks to be working out.

Troon 0 - 4 Largs

Nice afternoon for Largs. Great team performance and well deserved :)

Largs dominated the first half and went in at half-time, a deserved, two goals up from about ten clear chances.

The second half was again all Largs from the start and scintillating wing play, a fighting, skillful performance from the midfield along with a rock solid defence ensured that this turned out to be a comfortable away victory.

0-4 flattered the home side but more performances like this from Largs Thistle could see Thistle put more than a few noses out of joint this season.

The tea and hotdog with onions were excellent.

Mon the Theesel! :))

PS It was about 25c in the shade! Phew!:cool:

Good 2-1 win for Pollok today although Clydebank were unlucky. The first Pollok penalty was never a pen, I was in the corner close to where it happened and had a great view.

Another win for Pollok whilst not playing particularly well. Clydebank have definitely improved under Gordon Moffat and can consider themselves unlucky not to have taken a share of the spoils - a tremendous save from Josh Lumsden denying his former club an equaliser.

Next up on league business is a trip to Beechwood to take on the reigning champions. Can Lok put some pressure on Talbot's games in hand buffer by taking something from the game? Can't see it myself but you never know in football.

Largs dominated the first half and went in at half-time, a deserved, two goals up from about ten clear chances.

The second half was again all Largs from the start and scintillating wing play, a fighting, skillful performance from the midfield along with a rock solid defence ensured that this turned out to be a comfortable away victory.

0-4 flattered the home side but more performances like this from Largs Thistle could see Thistle put more than a few noses out of joint this season.

The tea and hotdog with onions were excellent.

Mon the Theesel! :))

PS It was about 25c in the shade! Phew!:cool:
I always look forward to your post GD cheers from someone born and bred in Largs, but lived away for many years

Game in two weeks time looks like a “mustn’t lose” one for Talbot already.
On current form Pollok would do well to take a point mate. I honestly can't see a win but working on the maxim that good teams find a way when they aren't playing well, then maybe Pollok can do something in a fortnight's time.

Not too sure how you guys have been playing although I've obviously seen your results. Has the form been such that you'd settle for a draw?

The game marks the start of a tough triple header in Ayrshire for Murdie's men. Trips to Meadow Park and Blair Park to follow - I'm looking forward to all three.

Good 2-1 win for Pollok today although Clydebank were unlucky. The first Pollok penalty was never a pen, I was in the corner close to where it happened and had a great view.
Didn't think it was a pen either. Shaun Fraser was cute in playing for it though. Clydebank tried to play and whilst the standard isn't particularly high, the game was still a reasonable watch.

On current form Pollok would do well to take a point mate. I honestly can't see a win but working on the maxim that good teams find a way when they aren't playing well, then maybe Pollok can do something in a fortnight's time.

Not too sure how you guys have been playing although I've obviously seen your results. Has the form been such that you'd settle for a draw?

The game marks the start of a tough triple header in Ayrshire for Murdie's men. Trips to Meadow Park and Blair Park to follow - I'm looking forward to all three.

We haven’t played brilliantly. But once got to be looking at winning your home games and anything else is a bonus. Which makes the draw v ford last week such a pisser. So I’d be hoping for a win. A draw wouldn’t be fatal to our league aspirations but a loss may be.

if we do click then we are going to give a team a proper going over.

We haven’t played brilliantly. But once got to be looking at winning your home games and anything else is a bonus. Which makes the draw v ford last week such a pisser. So I’d be hoping for a win. A draw wouldn’t be fatal to our league aspirations but a loss may be.

if we do click then we are going to give a team a proper going over.
I guessed as much re form with the dropped points.

Pollok have been grinding out results of late. Del Esplin and Chris Duff have found it hard to maintain their early season good form having made the step up from a league below and Jamie Henry isn't exactly on fire either. It'll be interesting to see if they can bring their best performances in what, as you say, might prove to be a crucial game. Other players can obviously have a positive effect on the game of course.

Looking forward to my Chernobyl Mince Pie already!

I guessed as much re form with the dropped points.

Pollok have been grinding out results of late. Del Esplin and Chris Duff have found it hard to maintain their early season good form having made the step up from a league below and Jamie Henry isn't exactly on fire either. It'll be interesting to see if they can bring their best performances in what, as you say, might prove to be a crucial game. Other players can obviously have a positive effect on the game of course.

Looking forward to my Chernobyl Mince Pie already!

The stuff Andy makes is far better than it’s ever been tbh. Although I’m trying to lay off it.

Craigmark 2-1 Lie. Clusterfuck of a ref. Started well before 2pm (I missed their 1st goal), booked for f-all & sent off 2; Div for being kicked then Gummy (back from injury & just on the park) for pointing out the home side had kicked the ball away yet again. Dunky has to sort our back line. We also missed Tiger & Slick. All the very best to the wee man wherever he goes. Beith next :(

Rossvale lose 1 nil at home v Rob Roy, was always going to be difficult for us. Boys away on holiday, centre half suspensed, injuries to an already small playing staff. The kind of game which looks like Davif Gormley is going to have to work wonders to keep us up.
Go the Roy.

Craigmark 2-1 Lie. Clusterfuck of a ref. Started well before 2pm (I missed their 1st goal), booked for f-all & sent off 2; Div for being kicked then Gummy (back from injury & just on the park) for pointing out the home side had kicked the ball away yet again. Dunky has to sort our back line. We also missed Tiger & Slick. All the very best to the wee man wherever he goes. Beith next :(

Sorry Brant , but let me get this clear.
You missed the kick off and their first goal, you then got booked for nothing and then sent off after 2 minutes?
You really need to get a grip mate or you’ll end up on the transfer list!

Why are Irvine Meadow listed as Irvine Meadow XI on the fixture list? You usually only see this in pre season or testimonials

Sorry Brant , but let me get this clear.
You missed the kick off and their first goal, you then got booked for nothing and then sent off after 2 minutes?
You really need to get a grip mate or you’ll end up on the transfer list!

I'm in a huff after yesterday, MB & not explaining my rant...

Another win for Pollok whilst not playing particularly well. Clydebank have definitely improved under Gordon Moffat and can consider themselves unlucky not to have taken a share of the spoils - a tremendous save from Josh Lumsden denying his former club an equaliser.

Next up on league business is a trip to Beechwood to take on the reigning champions. Can Lok put some pressure on Talbot's games in hand buffer by taking something from the game? Can't see it myself but you never know in football.

This Saturday or next?

Back