The Juniors - 24 August 2019

Was thinking about going to the ashfield match but Legia away has taken out on me

Get down to Somervell Park . Should be a cracker for goals - Cambuslang Rangers V Darvel .

Buffs up 1-0 against hurlford,
Buffs goalie off injured early 2 nd half no replacement goalkeeper on bench outfield player in goals - good game

Edit h
Penalty to hurlford 1-1

Rocks crushed! A hard-fought and thoroughly deserved 1-2 victory. Another stupid hand-ball pk award - we benefitted from the last one - got the home side back in it. But 'lie held out in the hot sun for a vital 3 points. Wonderful, courageous effort.

Worst Rossvale performance I've seen, thank christ it wasnt Talbot or the likes or it would have been double figures.

Ashfield 4 Lugar Boswell 0

Lugar Boswell are easily the worst Junior team I've ever watched play. Ashfield down to 10 men and still battered them.

Talbot 6 whitletts vics 0

Game over by halftime and a semi final spot v Beith on Wednesday secured. Not ideal when we have Camelon in the senior cup a week today.

Buffs 2 hurlford 1 full time

After watching the video of the second Buffs “goal” I can see why most folk think it finished 2-1 as it should have. No way should that have been disallowed.

After watching the video of the second Buffs “goal” I can see why most folk think it finished 2-1 as it should have. No way should that have been disallowed.

Where did you see it? My nephews lad plays up front for the Buffs, he scored the goal that counted. I wouldn’t mind seeing his goal and the one that was chopped off.

Cambuslang 1 - 3 Darvel

A well deserved victory for darvel in the end. With Cambuslang being down to 10 for majority of the game (last man foul) we did pretty well considering and actually finished the game off the stronger of the 2 teams.

Only downside today was there was no linesmans at the game which at this level of football is disapointing which in turn gave the referee a hell of a time today!

Where did you see it? My nephews lad plays up front for the Buffs, he scored the goal that counted. I wouldn’t mind seeing his goal and the one that was chopped off.

I saw it on Twitter. Had a quick look again but can’t see it now. It wasn’t on the buffs official twitter account but some other Ayrshire junior one. Sorry.

Good result at Barrfields today for Pollok but was made harder than it needed to be. The first half showing from Largs was as passive from them as I've seen in a while but Pollok didn't capitalise on it. Far more evenly balanced in the second period - God knows what Sidey was thinking at the Thistle equaliser - and Shaun Fraser showed great composure for the winner and his second of the match. Looking forward to the LC semi on Wednesday but I hope it doesn't have an adverse impact for the visit of Glenafton next Saturday.

MTLN

Watched the clip. Did the ball curl out of play on its way into the box Colin?

Any Buffs fans clued up as to why it was chalked off?

Disallowed for a foul apparently. Doesn’t look like there’s anything in it to me.

Afraid I don’t know. Looks harsh thiugh

As an aside the league cup final is to be at Beechwood this time. The evening times final (not that they sponsor it anymore) to be at Troon and the ardagh west of Scotland cup final to be at meadow park.

Good result at Barrfields today for Pollok but was made harder than it needed to be. The first half showing from Largs was as passive from them as I've seen in a while but Pollok didn't capitalise on it. Far more evenly balanced in the second period - God knows what Sidey was thinking at the Thistle equaliser - and Shaun Fraser showed great composure for the winner and his second of the match. Looking forward to the LC semi on Wednesday but I hope it doesn't have an adverse impact for the visit of Glenafton next Saturday.

MTLN
Pollok have started the season well

Rocks crushed! A hard-fought and thoroughly deserved 1-2 victory. Another stupid hand-ball pk award - we benefitted from the last one - got the home side back in it. But 'lie held out in the hot sun for a vital 3 points. Wonderful, courageous effort.

I think that's the first time in my life I've wanted Arthurlie to win.:))

Back