The Juniors during the lockdown

I'm making this up as I need attention: that clubs have voted 36 to 31 in favour of starting the league on 24th of October. Apparently there’s 14 clubs that have said they won’t be taking part this season.

I'm making this up as I need attention: that clubs have voted 36 to 31 in favour of starting the league on 24th of October. Apparently there’s 14 clubs that have said they won’t be taking part this season.

among those not going to complete include Whitletts and kilbirnie.

Allegedly also petershill, pollok and talbot.

among those not going to complete include Whitletts and kilbirnie.

Allegedly also petershill, pollok and talbot.

That’s the same as I had heard. Surely the Talbot would be able to continue? They would miss out on the senior Scottish as well.

That’s the same as I had heard. Surely the Talbot would be able to continue? They would miss out on the senior Scottish as well.

move no idea how much the club would need to shell out on wages if the league started and they didn’t have fans coming in and spending money on food etc. Surely it can’t be sustainable for long for any club? If it does start on 24:10 then who knows how long it’ll last either. Be interesting to see how many clubs last longer than 4 weeks as most clubs said that’s about as long as they could go without fans.

latest I heard from us is that they wanted a couple of points clarified. Which ones I don’t know, nor why.
As fir the senior cup, I could be wrong here but I thought I’d read that teams who weren’t fully licenced weren’t getting in. That would mean we wouldn’t get a spot as we’ve still work to do to get it. Including a first aid/medical facility.

move no idea how much the club would need to shell out on wages if the league started and they didn’t have fans coming in and spending money on food etc. Surely it can’t be sustainable for long for any club? If it does start on 24:10 then who knows how long it’ll last either. Be interesting to see how many clubs last longer than 4 weeks as most clubs said that’s about as long as they could go without fans.

latest I heard from us is that they wanted a couple of points clarified. Which ones I don’t know, nor why.
As fir the senior cup, I could be wrong here but I thought I’d read that teams who weren’t fully licenced weren’t getting in. That would mean we wouldn’t get a spot as we’ve still work to do to get it. Including a first aid/medical facility.

The expenses clubs will incur aren’t sustainable without any income. It will end in tears for some.

Cumnock definitely out according to their twitter account

Seems Benburb could be too. Does anyone know if they own their park? If so, how can Rossvale rent it out and play if Benburn won't?

Seems Benburb could be too. Does anyone know if they own their park? If so, how can Rossvale rent it out and play if Benburn won't?
Rossvale will have more cash than Benburb so won’t be relying on fans.

Watched the Rose v Crossgates online yesterday... absolutely dire!

But at least their season's off & running.

Talbot and Pollok released statements saying they've withdrawn from the coming season

Kudos to the Pollok one for including the word "quixotic"
It's sad for the league to see this happening I don't get why clubs at that level aren't allowed supporters in given alot of the grounds are all open space. I do get the complaints about changing facilities not being available to shower afterwards just asking for trouble.

The WOS league thing has fecked it . Clubs and players now think they are senior and won’t play unless they are paid . Gies a break and have a word with yourselves . Get back to playing football.

It's sad for the league to see this happening I don't get why clubs at that level aren't allowed supporters in given alot of the grounds are all open space. I do get the complaints about changing facilities not being available to shower afterwards just asking for trouble.
Be interesting to see how the clubs who haven’t withdrawn get on.

Just read latest statement from the league and its now only 8 teams confirmed as pulling out the other 6 who said they were going to pull out have said they will participate.

I wonder if more clubs will now withdraw in case they start the new season and cannot finish it and face sanctions?

That is possible although in the statement clubs also have to 14th November if they wish to continue once the season starts afte that who knowns if they will apply any sanctions

That is possible although in the statement clubs also have to 14th November if they wish to continue once the season starts afte that who knowns if they will apply any sanctions

One of the answers to the questionnaire I saw the other week said (from memory) that most clubs thought they could only go about 4 weeks without income so I guess this statement is giving them around that to start in October and see how they get on before having the chance to pull out in November. Makes sense.

Maybe if this had been on the table before last Friday's deadline Talbot may have tried to play for 4 weeks. We will never know though.

Colin I know it’s not the juniors anymore it’s the wosl but doing something that seems sensible , btw who are the six teams are they the ones that have a “ benefactor “ and crowds don’t really matter to much

One of the answers to the questionnaire I saw the other week said (from memory) that most clubs thought they could only go about 4 weeks without income so I guess this statement is giving them around that to start in October and see how they get on before having the chance to pull out in November. Makes sense.

Maybe if this had been on the table before last Friday's deadline Talbot may have tried to play for 4 weeks. We will never know though.

Cheers for that interesting they now put something on the table to attempt to try something than rather do it before last Friday's deadline

Feel for any club that has to make a decision on whether to play or not

Colin I know it’s not the juniors anymore it’s the wosl but doing something that seems sensible , btw who are the six teams are they the ones that have a “ benefactor “ and crowds don’t really matter to much

if you want I’ll guess? But I could be way out and I’ll only end up annoying any if their fans in here.
Darvel. Beith. Kilwinning. Medda. Pure guesswork. In the past you could add hurlford.

Strange set up at the Bens, most people think they sold their own stadium to developers and built a new stadium, what happened was they sold the stadium to developers,Benburb then leased the land from the council and the developers build what sit's there today,they didn't make much money out of it if any and have around £4k a year in rates and water.

Council wouldn't sell the land to them despite it sitting for decades unused. Just keep their heads above water previously and will be feeling the pinch now,always thought it was a mistake not to include a social club/function room in the new build which would have gave them additional income.

Contrast and compare to what the council did to help their beloved St Anthony's.

if you want I’ll guess? But I could be way out and I’ll only end up annoying any if their fans in here.
Darvel. Beith. Kilwinning. Medda. Pure guesswork. In the past you could add hurlford.
Yeah would have guessed at Darvel kilwinning hurlford oh for the old junior days Colin

Heard Cambuslang Rangers have withdrawn too, although their website appears strange. Its gives a few lines of text expressing deep regret, but the link to the full statement doesn't work.

Also heard St Cadoc's are fielding their U20'S Development Squad.

Heard Cambuslang Rangers have withdrawn too, although their website appears strange. Its gives a few lines of text expressing deep regret, but the link to the full statement doesn't work.

Also heard St Cadoc's are fielding their U20'S Development Squad.

Cambuslang updated their website with an article last night and confirmed on their social media they were withdrawing but a couple hours later the article had been taken down and all the social media posts removed

Back