The Juniors over the summer? Many games to go?

Their kids would be off in the summer so they would want to go on holiday then. Or are you suggesting they play football during the summer and then take their kids out of school to go on holiday?

This is all very specific, could sit here all day and both come up with situations where summer football or the way it is currently would suit an individual and not another. Was just a question I wanted to know the answer to as in if it’s been discussed amongst the Junior Clubs and if it was rejected, why?

This is all very specific, could sit here all day and both come up with situations where summer football or the way it is currently would suit an individual and not another. Was just a question I wanted to know the answer to as in if it’s been discussed amongst the Junior Clubs and if it was rejected, why?

Not being on the Talbot (or any other junior team's) committee I don't know if it has been asked and/or discussed. To be honest a) I doubt it has and b) I'd genuinely be amazed if teams and junior fans wanted it. We also have other interests during the close season (golf/bowls/fishing) so have we to forego those on the off chance some fans of senior teams (who also don't have other past-times) want to watch a Junior's game? :)

I agree that we aren't going to agree on this one though :D

Is that a cloakroom for all their fans
Ps Colin I think summer football was mooted a few years back about ran sneddons time at Pollok but that was about it

It may well have been. As I say, I’m only a fan. Will never say I speak for anyone other than myself. As far as I’m concerned summer football for the juniors is a no go.

IF the pyramid comes and we do enter and get promoted then we’d need to have our season finished in time for the playoffs anyway so we couldn’t have a season that wasn’t played at the same time as senior football.

Back