The Juniors over the summer? Many games to go?

I’m led to believe that the first set of fixtures will be ready to go out after the West AGM on 26/6

Last edited:
Had we not lost in the semis of the west we’d have been playing glenafton this Friday. But we did lose so we’re not :D

I have never had an interest in junior football but appreciate it is popular in certain areas. What percentage of football fans in Scotland ‘follow’ junior football?

Benburb were tremendous this season and only lost the championship title on goal difference and some decent teams in their division,went through a bad time slipping down the leagues and have fought their way back up them and now three promotions in four years :cool:.

Promoted now to the Premiership and now back in with the big boys,they don't have much money and will have to bring in better quality players,the Bens don't have the same pull as the big clubs and could be a problem if they are to survive in the top league,otherwise it will be back to the championship next season.

Days of boardroom and commitee bust up's now seem to have gone and Benburb are now a far better organised and run club from the last few years and they have a great set up and a decent income from the pitch.

Good luck to them for next season.

Fixtures out from season start until 28/12

Guy is doing a great job in comparison to the last fanny. However there is a run of 3 home games for us in October and, also, we seem to be playing some teams twice before facing others at all.

Obviously some fixtures will need to be changed thanks to our involvement in the senior Scottish cup as well as cup replays and winter weather postponements.

Sean is at his age he wants and needs to play as many games he can, unless I am talking nonsense he did not start that many games.

I wasn't serious :D (maybe a wee bit)

He was our 2nd top goal-scorer and, you're right, he wasn't a regular starter. I kept in touch with him when he was in Oz and he's a great lad and a Ger so I'd hoped he'd have stayed another season. Can't blame him for moving on to get a game though.

im only 19 , but very old fashioned ,, wish we could go back to the days where junior games were a real attraction , sadly i feel kids have too much shit these days to really have the passion just to watch football , also saddening that you dont see examples of like bobby Russell going straight from juniors to pros . apologies if that sounds mopey , as stated i was born in the wrong era

Just hopped into this thread to ask a question, why isn't the Juniors largely played over the Summer? Surely it would increase crowds? I'd definitely follow a Juniors team if it wasn't during the regular season.

Just hopped into this thread to ask a question, why isn't the Juniors largely played over the Summer? Surely it would increase crowds? I'd definitely follow a Juniors team if it wasn't during the regular season.

And when are the players supposed to get their holidays? They work and have families too. And the fans would be away on holiday so would the crowds be any bigger? Personally I don’t think so.

And when are the players supposed to get their holidays? They work and have families too. And the fans would be away on holiday so would the crowds be any bigger? Personally I don’t think so.

They would take their holidays anytime the rest of the year I guess and get to play football in the nice weather? Not as if the regular jobs they hold stops for the summer, they work all year round regardless. Money would increase with bigger crowds too. I think crowds would be bigger personally as I know plenty of folk who don't go to them because of Rangers mostly, it's anecdotal of course but I don't understand the argument about holidays and work and families at all.

They would take their holidays anytime the rest of the year I guess and get to play football in the nice weather? Not as if the regular jobs they hold stops for the summer, they work all year round regardless. Money would increase with bigger crowds too. I think crowds would be bigger personally as I know plenty of folk who don't go to them because of Rangers mostly, it's anecdotal of course but I don't understand the argument about holidays and work and families at all.

Their kids would be off in the summer so they would want to go on holiday then. Or are you suggesting they play football during the summer and then take their kids out of school to go on holiday?

Back