The Kensington, PRW

TN8

Would advise any Bear thinking of this place for a pre/post match pint to look elsewhere for now. Last few times we've tried to go in after the game the daft wee lassies behind the bar (seems to be a group of 5 or 6 blonde bimbos, and you wouldn't thank me for pics) have had utter shite 80s music on full blast - genuinely full bung, ear splitting - and no interest in turning it down so you can hear each other speak. They seem to enjoy singing and dancing to it among themselves though.

Walked the extra 5 mins to the District today and will be doing so from now on.

Mental to be driving away their main custom so the staff can piss about for a couple of hours of their shift. Unless they're deliberately trying to...

I like the Kensington for an after match pint, although I've not been near it since the first lockdiwn. If I find on my next visit that it's as the op has said then they won't get my custom.

Would advise any Bear thinking of this place for a pre/post match pint to look elsewhere for now. Last few times we've tried to go in after the game the daft wee lassies behind the bar (seems to be a group of 5 or 6 blonde bimbos, and you wouldn't thank me for pics) have had utter shite 80s music on full blast - genuinely full bung, ear splitting - and no interest in turning it down so you can hear each other speak. They seem to enjoy singing and dancing to it among themselves though.

Mental to be driving away their main custom so the staff can piss about for a couple of hours of their shift. Unless they're deliberately trying to...
Are they playing rebel tunes and Jimmy Sands "And we WILL forget" songs?".

You know where you're going, just follow the path.
:))

You should have held on for the subcrawl

Ah the memories. It used to be our past match stop off years ago, when big George used to run a very very tight ship. I recall one night when things were getting a touch too boisterous for his liking, and some poor unfortunate called him a f#ni#n b#st'rd. Did I say some poor unfortunate? :)

It's my local.

Haven't really been in much since the pandemic started and the bar staff may have changed but it's a cracking wee pub.

It's my local.

Haven't really been in much since the pandemic started and the bar staff may have changed but it's a cracking wee pub.
Not for Rangers fans wanting a pint and a conversation after the game it isn't.

Volume at Louden today was a nonsense at least the loop was related to Rangers but was awful until Man City game started

I'm heading straight to the Kensington.

Volume at Louden today was a nonsense at least the loop was related to Rangers but was awful until Man City game started
I have noticed this last few games that the volume is dialled way up and impossible to chat anymore without shouting at each other.

I can only presume it is to drown out people who continue to try and start singing TBB or other such songs.

I quite like it.

I'm not a regular but will continue to go in whenever I'm passing.

Back