The kids are alright !

Really encouraging signs, particularly from Lowry and King who look like they are part of the first-team squad now.

The young lads played superb today and didn't look out of place compared to the senior players, was a cracking team performance overall!

Side note: how did Juan Alegria do at Thistle? Will he be B-Team next year or on loan again?
Hardly got a start and didn’t score a goal.

Too old for the B-team going on 20/21 rules, some ambiguity with regards to the coming seasons rules. Probably out on loan again.

Been said already but we should absolutely be looking to slot these players into the first team squad when we get good offers for players like Kamara, etc.

Keep our cash for a small number of quality players instead of buying players that just keep this young talent an extra step away from minutes in the pitch

Several excellent performances from the young team today. Played football in the right way. Lowry a joy to behold and McCann ready to play a part also. Solid defending and confidence by Devine all game.

It was a fantastic view to the future. The kids (+Big Ced) looked great today with how they were able to be very creative and technical and within the tactical set up.

Highly entertaining.

Lowrwill score 10-15 goals a season, the lad is always looking for the opportunity to shoot
Sometimes too selfish but that’s something we should not really criticize him for.
During Stevie Gs reign how often were posts on here complaining that we never shoot. Lowry certainly solves that problem and it makes defenders job much more difficult ~ great to see and he will only get better!!

I can see us keeping big Ced for another year. I don't think he is on too much and Gio seems to want to give him a try as well. He is an aerial threat which is something we don't have up front.

The future looks bright for Rangers with the display these young lads put on at Tynecastle. The bench seemed extremely happy when that third goal was scored. And no wonder. Made by and scored by teenagers.

Higher than you think with Davis, Arfield, Ramsey and McLaughlin playing.

It was actually a nice blend of youth and experience today

I know the game was meaningless but I was very impressed by what I saw in general good skills and vision and quality in front of goal.

Lowry and King are ready now, McCann nearly ready. Andy Little was right on the commentary when he said the Hearts players couldn’t get near Lowry, which was bang on. He rarely gets himself into a situation where he can be tackled because his touch and awareness is so good, always looks like he has time. Really excited about this kid.

Special mention for King also, plays with a maturity and calmness beyond his years, really like his game intelligence.

Great comment on the BBC commentary today as we brought on youngster after youngster. “Is this a subs bench or a crèche?”

Some excellent performances which makes a mockery of the claim that young Scottish players are not good enough. I don’t think we should be wasting money on kids like Diallo when we have our own talented young players who will benefit from game time.

Man Utd were where they were because of Beckham,Giggs,Scholes,Nevilles,Sharpe all coming in at the same time, these kids could be our equivalent.

Lowry could play in the final on Wednesday and i'd have no worries about him. Probably just come a little to soon though.

Todays game at Tynecastle saw debuts handed to some of the young players we’ve been hearing good things about. I don’t know about anyone else, but I thought the more youngsters we brought on the better we looked. Sure some will argue Hearts players will have had an eye on the final and the match was irrelevant as far as any league standings went, but I thought some of the football played was excellent. Talk of extending loans for players and getting others in on similar deals, Billy Gilmour apart, might not be the best idea given the young talent we have in our own club.
I’m not sure we need Gilmour. To be honest I would rather we signed Ramsay and Diallo for another season on loan than him. At least the other two are proven in this league now. That should be the extent of our loans and put more trust in our youngsters.

You mention Gilmour there. I wonder if there’s any part of him wishing he stayed the course a few years. Without doubt he would be in that team on Wed night and then gone on to a big club south making us a fortune and probably ending up on more money than he is now wherever he went. I get the Chelsea move was life changing but that was always going to be the case if he stayed or not. Obviously with the caveat that he didn’t get a career ending injury. Still gonna be a top top player. Just got me thinking.
I dont think you are too far off, maybe Lowry penning a deal is a sea change.
I think GVB handled that situation well, kept him out of sight then as soon as he signed started playing him.

we look to have a young promising RB in Devine.
Lowry should always be in the first team squad if not first 11, easily takes the arfield/ramsey position.

I fully expect Lowry to play in the majority of games next season
I’m sure I read that his agent etc looking at his game time next season , corner perfect for first goal , sublime finish for second , not everything will go a player like that’s way , but there is generally something he does each game you think , wow he’s just different .

McCann was very impressive when he came on too, weight of pass a bit off on a few occasions but his awareness and touch under pressure was a joy to watch. Few times Hearts players were on him but a quick turn or a nice touch took them away from them easily.

I hear the Davis' comparisons a lot and never really bought in to them but he was similar today. Looked like he had real potental as a tempo setter.

They all done well, but Hearts were barely going 100 miles an hour in a typical end of season game. Might be a different story if it's the first game of the new season at Tynecastle with tackles flying in everywhere.
Aye true mate they would generally have fouled us a lot more .

Great to see so many young players involved today and those who got on the pitch doing so well. Just over a month ago the 5 players who played and three who remained on the bench today all played on the B Team's 4-0 loss to Stirling University. It really can be a funny old game.

And that doesn't include Leon King and Alex Lowry who didn't play in that Stirling Uni game.

I know it's already been said in the thread. But I really hope that this is the end of bringing in squad fillers. First team starters only! The youth are more than capable of filling in when needed.

I know it's already been said in the thread. But I really hope that this is the end of bringing in squad fillers. First team starters only! The youth are more than capable of filling in when needed.
We have to start showing talented young players that if they are good enough, they have a place in our squad. We could also do with a few home grown players for our European squad requirements.

lowry should be making the first team and starting imo

Lowry and King would seem well placed to start games next season when called upon, Lowry in particular seems ready to play week in week out.

McCann similarly looks able to handle these games and all the lads mentioned have a lot of confidence which is obvs essential.

Devine looks ready as well but given he is a RB appearances will be more fleeting youd think. Tav is a World Class Athlete and clearly wants to play every game but Gio has to think ahead and take him out a few times going forward because theres nothing worse than a Youth player ready to play and getting no appearances.

We've seen virtually zero gain from loaning development players out over recent times and the standards of Scottish Football are so low now I see no point whatsoever sending them somewhere in this country. Even going down to England they rarely play enough for my liking and staying at Rangers seems the best option, provided we are smart enough to given them their chance.

I cannot think of the last time we had this many exciting players poised to break through which is great at any time but particularly as the squad needs renewed and revitalised this Summer.

We must have 3 or 4 players ready to play in the XI as is with another similar number soon to be.

You mention Gilmour there. I wonder if there’s any part of him wishing he stayed the course a few years. Without doubt he would be in that team on Wed night and then gone on to a big club south making us a fortune and probably ending up on more money than he is now wherever he went. I get the Chelsea move was life changing but that was always going to be the case if he stayed or not. Obviously with the caveat that he didn’t get a career ending injury. Still gonna be a top top player. Just got me thinking.
Gilmour already has a champions league winners medal, he may not have played but he got to experience something not many Scottish players have done so in the past.

I'm looking forward to hearing "Pumped By The B Team" plenty of times next season.

Looks like we have a reasonable stream of players to come through over at least the next two or three seasons.

They're not all ready yet but after years of little or nothing at all it's looking promising.

He’s a CB for me, don’t like him out at LB
He'll probably end up at centre back but huge benefit to his development playing out of position in the first team.
Thought he did well and if we end up with a Scottish Bassey then great
Of them all I would say he is the most ready to play regularly and he could well have a breakout season next season

He'll probably end up at centre back but huge benefit to his development playing out of position in the first team.
Thought he did well and if we end up with a Scottish Bassey then great
Of them all I would say he is the most ready to play regularly and he could well have a breakout season next season
Agree with the he’s the most ready. Let’s hope this the start of finally bringing youth through and given them chances!

I actually really enjoyed a game I went into with no expectations. None of them looked out of place.

Back