The lack of central midfield options and the types of midfielder needed

SuperGers07

So the managers been here over 2 years now. In that time, the defence and attack have seen significant investment.

The midfield has seen a small outlay on Kamara and a compo fee for Aribo.

The manager was world class in his position, so it’s always been quite baffling why he’s yet to address the midfield in a significant way.

Personally I’d like two midfielders in with one of them being a combative type not afraid to do the dirty work and get players working harder and in the face of opponents. It’s one of our main issues, as seen v Hibs. We are too nice, don’t stand up for ourselves and are seen as a soft touch.

Addressing the central area is key.

Gerrard knows.

It was over 6 weeks ago he asked for a midfielder, we've since lost Jack and Aribo to injury and still nothing.

I would and probably SG would too like to know where and how to get hold of these magnificent powerful midfielders that FF are demanding.

Been saying it all summer we need a dominant DM with dig someone who can create a high tempo and pick forward passes.

A box to box creative midfielder with drive is also required someone who isn't afraid to have a shot at goal.

Until we significantly invest in those of type of midfielders I can't see anything really changing.

The management have been neglected this issue for the best part of 2/3 years imo and it's unacceptable.

The midfield should be driving force and building blocks for any team ours isn't.

Davis is unfortunately not capable of playing that role now consistently. He has talent but is a shadow of his former self.
I agree he can't do it midweek weekend consistently and would've liked him rested on Thursday but injuries dictated he play. That said i had no issues with him today.

It was clear today that a strong player with bite was needed today in midfield. Added to that, Davis was looking a tad tired and his age is catching up with him. He should not play week in, week out. Injuries haven’t helped. The big question is, the money. Who is available at a price we can afford?

The boy Dorsch would have been the one, he's started on fire for Gent.

2 games, 2 goals, 2 man of the match performances. £3m :(

So the managers been here over 2 years now. In that time, the defence and attack have seen significant investment.

The midfield has seen a small outlay on Kamara and a compo fee for Aribo.

The manager was world class in his position, so it’s always been quite baffling why he’s yet to address the midfield in a significant way.

Personally I’d like two midfielders in with one of them being a combative type not afraid to do the dirty work and get players working harder and in the face of opponents. It’s one of our main issues, as seen v Hibs. We are too nice, don’t stand up for ourselves and are seen as a soft touch.

Addressing the central area is key.
I agree 109%. Aribo is the only midfielder who is of the quality we require he is the only one in our midfield you could make a case for getting into their team

Back