The Last Man Standing Competition 5 - Round 10

sonowilliam

POOL TOTAL

£1,680

We are playing for £560 in competition five.

Seven players made it into round nine and between you all you selected six teams as follows....

06 - Sheff Utd
03 - Celtic
02 - Inverness
01 - Crystal Palace
01 - Rangers
01 - Spurs

And from the six teams selected only the one failed to come in...

At Caledonian Stadium where Inverness were hosting Partick,Andersson ( 21 ) and Fizpatrick ( 25 ) had the visitors two up at the interval and at this stage it wasn't looking to good for both T9row and Wearerangers who had went for the homesters,McCaulay pulled one back for Inverness on the 77th minute but that is where the scoring stopped...Inverness 1 - 2 Partick - FT

And out of the competition did T9 and Wearerangers go.Very very unlucky lads and we'll see you both back for competition six.

So this is it folks only the five players remain,and all they are required to do is to correctly select TWO teams to win from a selection of twenty one ( easy peasy ) and they will be guaranteed a whopping...

£112

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.​

A special mention must go to holder Ran1gers who is going for two in a row and he has therefore selected a cumalitive total of 28 winning teams ( now that's some going ).

=================================================================

THE FORMAT

That i am using..

1.League fixtures from the top two divisions in both Scotland and England.

2.Saturday and Sunday fixtures only.

3.No less than twenty fixtures.

THE RULES

Level one

( rounds 1-5 )

Basic and simple...

1.Select a team,if it wins you are through.

2.You cannot select this team again.

3.You can edit your selection until kick off.

4.If your selected fixture is abandoned you carry through to the next round however you will be required to select an EXTRA team.

5.If your selected fixture is postponed you can either wait until the following round to pick an EXTRA ( as above ) or simply edit.

6.If you fail to enter you will be eliminated.

7.There can be no sharing of the pot at level one stage.if all players were to exit at a particular round then all who took part in THAT round would be immediately reinstated for the next.

LEVEL TWO

( rounds 6 - 10 )

You are now requested to select TWO teams and from this round onwards you may be offered a share of the pot...

1.If both your selections win you go through to the next round or win the full pot if all of your opponents fail.

2.If only one of your selections win you may be offered a share of the pot ( pro rata ) or win the full pot if all of your opponents fail to get any selections correct.

3.If all players fail to get any of their selections correct then all will be offered a share of the pot ( pro rata ).

4.If one player decides to take the share then all must take a share.

5.All players who are subject to a share will be alerted and a decision has to be made no later than Monday midnight.( If no decision is made we take it as read that you wish to continue ).

Arrive at round 10 and we have some very lucky/good players on our hands as in essence you have just completed a thirteen team accumulator.

All winnings will be paid out via bank transfer only ( the same as it came in ),i will message the winner(s) requesting their bank details and money will be transferred immediately.

On completion of each competition there will be a short pause ( about two weeks ) where we will offer places to other forum members who may be interested in coming in and adding to an already respectful pot.

With five pounds now released from every player the pool pot now sits at.

£1,120

SELECT TWO TEAMS TO WIN FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST - Do not include one that you have already chosen.

( All kick offs 15:00 unless otherwise stated )

SATURDAY 9TH FEBRUARY

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP

Fulham v Man Utd - 12:30
Crystal Palace v West Ham
Huddersfield v Arsenal
Liverpool v Bournemouth
Southampton v Cardiff
Watford v Everton
Brighton v Burnley - 17:30

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Middlesbrough v Leeds - 13:00
Blackburn v Bristol City
Bolton v Preston
Derby v Hull
Nottm For v Brentford
QPR v Birmingham
Rotherham v Wigan
Sheff Wed v Reading
Swansea v Millwall
Stoke v West Brom - 17:30

SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Alloa v Falkirk

SUNDAY 10TH FEBRUARY

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP

Spurs v Leicester - 13:30
Man City v Chelsea - 16:00

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Norwich v Ipswich - 12:00

Last edited:

THE PLAYERS

( 5 )​

@Cambuslang Ranger 2 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Rangers - Celtic ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Derby ) ( Spurs & Sheff Utd )

@laloyal - Rangers - Man City - Norwich - Spurs - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Bristol City ) ( Liverpool & Derby ) ( Sheff Utd & Celtic )

@Mitchell McCoist - Rangers - Man City - Celtic - Spurs - Arsenal ( Man Utd & Kilmarnock ) ( Chelsea & Dundee Utd ) ( Liverpool & Derby ) ( Sheff Utd & Crystal Palace )

@Ran1gers 1 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Man Utd ) ( Rangers & Sheff Utd )

@SOB-WATP - Rangers - Norwich - Stoke - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Man Utd ) ( Sheff Utd & Celtic )

This weekend is a nightmare for fixtures. I was also going to pick Southampton too but may as well go for it.

Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea for me please SOW.

Sheff Wed, Swansea & Southampton were the 3 teams I fancied but all 3 have been picked.

I'll gamble on Sheff Wed & Derby thanks.

And the results were...

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP

Fulham 0 v 3 Man Utd - 12:30
Crystal Palace 1 v 1 West Ham
Huddersfield 1 v 2 Arsenal
Liverpool 3 v 0 Bournemouth
Southampton 1v 2 Cardiff
Watford 1 v 0 Everton
Brighton 1 v 3 Burnley - 17:30

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Middlesbrough 1 v 1 Leeds - 13:00
Blackburn 0 v 1 Bristol City
Bolton 1 v 2 Preston
Derby 2 v 0 Hull
Nottm For 2 v 1 Brentford
QPR 3 v 4 Birmingham
Rotherham 1 v 1 Wigan
Sheff Wed 0 v 0 Reading
Swansea 1 v 0 Millwall
Stoke 0 v 1 West Brom - 17:30

SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Alloa 1 v 2 Falkirk

SUNDAY 10TH FEBRUARY

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP

Spurs 3 v 1 Leicester - 13:30
Man City 6 v 0 Chelsea - 16:00

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

Norwich 3 v 0 Ipswich - 12:00

And for only the second time the cash pot will be shared...

£560
Between

@Cambuslang Ranger 2

@Mitchell McCoist

@Ran1gers 1

@SOB-WATP

They all got one of their two selections correct and their equal pay out is...

£140
Can i now request that all the above please message me with bank details for winnings to be sent across,i require account number and sort code thanks.

Well done to you all,unfortunately for Laloyal he just misses the cut as none of his selections came in,the next competition goes out on Tuesday 19th February.

Well done chaps. It’s been a long wait for us diddies that went out early doors....

Back