The Last Man Standing Competition 5 - Round 8

sonowilliam

POOL TOTAL

£1,680
We are playing for £560 in competition five.

Fourteen players made it into round seven and between you all you selected eight teams as follows....

10 - Chelsea
06 - Liverpool
04 - Bristol City
02 - Dundee Utd
02 - Hull
02 - Leicester City
01 - Burnley
01 - Sheff Utd

And it was almost a full house with only Leicester City of the eight failing to come in,Leicester went down to a surprise 1-2 defeat at home to Southampton and unfortunately this was to knock out both Shengusmalengus and Osodemadrid.

A valiant effort from Shengus and Oso however not strong enough and after seven rounds both now exit the tournament.

From the 112 who began the competition we are now left with only 12 remaining and the share value now sits at...

£46.66

=================================================================

THE FORMAT
That i am using..

1.League fixtures from the top two divisions in both Scotland and England.

2.Saturday and Sunday fixtures only.

3.No less than twenty fixtures.

THE RULES

Level one

( rounds 1-5 )
Basic and simple...

1.Select a team,if it wins you are through.

2.You cannot select this team again.

3.You can edit your selection until kick off.

4.If your selected fixture is abandoned you carry through to the next round however you will be required to select an EXTRA team.

5.If your selected fixture is postponed you can either wait until the following round to pick an EXTRA ( as above ) or simply edit.

6.If you fail to enter you will be eliminated.

7.There can be no sharing of the pot at level one stage.if all players were to exit at a particular round then all who took part in THAT round would be immediately reinstated for the next.

LEVEL TWO

( rounds 6 - 10 )

You are now requested to select TWO teams and from this round onwards you may be offered a share of the pot...

1.If both your selections win you go through to the next round or win the full pot if all of your opponents fail.

2.If only one of your selections win you may be offered a share of the pot ( pro rata ) or win the full pot if all of your opponents fail to get any selections correct.

3.If all players fail to get any of their selections correct then all will be offered a share of the pot ( pro rata ).

4.If one player decides to take the share then all must take a share.

5.All players who are subject to a share will be alerted and a decision has to be made no later than Monday midnight.( If no decision is made we take it as read that you wish to continue ).

Arrive at round 10 and we have some very lucky/good players on our hands as in essence you have just completed a thirteen team accumulator.

All winnings will be paid out via bank transfer only ( the same as it came in ),i will message the winner(s) requesting their bank details and money will be transferred immediately.

On completion of each competition there will be a short pause ( about two weeks ) where we will offer places to other forum members who may be interested in coming in and adding to an already respectful pot.

With five pounds now released from every player the pool pot now sits at...

£1,120

SELECT TWO TEAMS TO WIN FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST - Do not include one that you have already chosen.

( All kick offs 15:00 unless otherwise stated )

Saturday 19th January

English Premier

Wolves v Leicester - 12:30
Bournemouth v West Ham
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Man Utd v Brighton
Newcastle v Cardiff
Southampton v Everton
Watford v Burnley
Arsenal v Chelsea - 17:30

English Championship

Aston Villa v Hull
Blackburn v Ipswich
Derby v Reading
Middlesbrough v Millwall
Nottm For v Bristol City
QPR v Preston
Rotherham v Brentford
Sheff Wed v Wigan
Stoke v Leeds
Swansea v Sheff Utd - 17:30

Sunday 20th January

English Premier

Huddersfield v Man City - 13:30
Fulham v Spurs - 16:00

Last edited:

THE PLAYERS

( 12 )​

Alex - Celtic - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Stoke ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool )

@Cambuslang Ranger 2 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Rangers - Celtic ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool )

@EndOfDays - Rangers - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Dundee Utd & Hull )

@Gmac1690 - Everton - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Stoke ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Liverpool & Chelsea )

@laloyal - Rangers - Man City - Norwich - Spurs - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Hull )

@Mitchell McCoist - Rangers - Man City - Celtic - Spurs - Arsenal ( Man Utd & Kilmarnock ) ( Chelsea & Dundee Utd )

@Ran1gers 1 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool )

@razzer - Celtic - Man City - Norwich - Rangers - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Burnley & Chelsea )

@SOB-WATP - Rangers - Norwich - Stoke - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool )

@T9 Row - Celtic - Norwich - Stoke - Rangers - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man City ) ( Bristol City & Chelsea )

@The_Degan - Rangers - Chelsea - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Bristol City & Liverpool )

@WeAreRangers - Rangers - Chelsea - Arsenal - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Bristol City & Sheff Utd )

Last edited:
Where is everyone finding these big hitters from at this stage. :)

Blackburn and Middlesbrough for me please.

SOW - I edited my pick from Hull to Bristol City before games kicked off last week - just a heads up.

Liverpool and Derby please

THE PLAYERS

( 12 )​

Alex - Celtic - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Stoke ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Derby & Watford )

@Cambuslang Ranger 2 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Rangers - Celtic ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Derby )

@EndOfDays - Rangers - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Dundee Utd & Hull ) ( Blackburn & Middlesbrough )

@Gmac1690 - Everton - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Stoke ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Liverpool & Chelsea ) ( Watford & Derby )

@laloyal - Rangers - Man City - Norwich - Spurs - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Bristol City ) ( Liverpool & Derby )

@Mitchell McCoist - Rangers - Man City - Celtic - Spurs - Arsenal ( Man Utd & Kilmarnock ) ( Chelsea & Dundee Utd ) ( Liverpool & Derby )

@Ran1gers 1 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Man Utd )

@razzer - Celtic - Man City - Norwich - Rangers - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Burnley & Chelsea ) ( Liverpool & Watford )

@SOB-WATP - Rangers - Norwich - Stoke - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Man Utd )

@T9 Row - Celtic - Norwich - Stoke - Rangers - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man City ) ( Bristol City & Chelsea ) ( Liverpool & Man Utd )

@The_Degan - Rangers - Chelsea - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Bristol City & Liverpool ) ( Middlesbrough & Man City )

@WeAreRangers - Rangers - Chelsea - Arsenal - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Bristol City & Sheff Utd ) ( Liverpool & Man City )

Due to the edit button no longer being randomly available the running of this competition is going to prove troublesome ( not to my standard ).

All three competitions will be played,after that...I'll see where we are.

Next week we only have the sixteen fixtures scheduled due to the FA cup therefore IF we do have a ninth round it will be played the following weekending 2nd of Feb.

Only took Watford as Derby went to extra time in midweek :mad:

Good luck to everyone left and cheers for great comp SOW

Sow is the edit facility not still there ? Seem to have it on the left hand side.. next to report...

I edited this to post it.

I don't have the edit option but surely if we just post further down before kick off that will work the same.

I do have the edit, I don't have that option on other posts in other threads though.

I don't have the edit option but surely if we just post further down before kick off that will work the same.

I do have the edit, I don't have that option on other posts in other threads though.
I’ve got three dots and a little arrow next to report and that lets you edit .

No option on the phone to edit a post but would assume SOW must be using desktop given the detail he is posting

Ah see it must be time barred, l can't edit my original post... Sow will have difficulty running the competition as he can't go back in to edit the original with all the predictions..

Will need to be a copy and paste job or SOW could put the details in a google document and link to that. It would keep the same link but allow him to edit the details.

You would think the admins would have an option to have the standard edit function in use.

Last edited:
The results were...

English Premier

Wolves 4 v 3 Leicester - 12:30
Bournemouth 2 v 0 West Ham
Liverpool 4 v 3 Crystal Palace
Man Utd 2 v 1 Brighton
Newcastle 3 v 0 Cardiff
Southampton 2 v 1 Everton
Watford 0 v 0 Burnley
Arsenal 2 v 0 Chelsea - 17:30

English Championship

Aston Villa 2 v 2 Hull
Blackburn 2 v 0 Ipswich
Derby 2 v 1 Reading
Middlesbrough 1 v 1 Millwall
Nottm For 0 v 1 Bristol City
QPR 1 v 4 Preston
Rotherham 2 v 4 Brentford
Sheff Wed 1 v 0 Wigan
Stoke 2 v 1 Leeds
Swansea 1 v 0 Sheff Utd - 17:30

Sunday 20th January

English Premier

Huddersfield 0 v 3 Man City - 13:30
Fulham 1 v 2 Spurs - 16:00

THE PLAYERS

( 12 )​

Alex - Celtic - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Stoke ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Derby & Watford ) - OUT

@Cambuslang Ranger 2 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Rangers - Celtic ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Derby )

@EndOfDays - Rangers - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Dundee Utd & Hull ) ( Blackburn & Middlesbrough ) - OUT

@Gmac1690 - Everton - Man City - Arsenal - Spurs - Stoke ( Man Utd & Middlesbrough ) ( Liverpool & Chelsea ) ( Watford & Derby ) - OUT

@laloyal - Rangers - Man City - Norwich - Spurs - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Chelsea & Bristol City ) ( Liverpool & Derby )

@Mitchell McCoist - Rangers - Man City - Celtic - Spurs - Arsenal ( Man Utd & Kilmarnock ) ( Chelsea & Dundee Utd ) ( Liverpool & Derby )

@Ran1gers 1 - Everton - Norwich - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Man Utd )

@razzer - Celtic - Man City - Norwich - Rangers - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Burnley & Chelsea ) ( Liverpool & Watford ) - OUT

@SOB-WATP - Rangers - Norwich - Stoke - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Middlesbrough ) ( Chelsea & Liverpool ) ( Man City & Man Utd )

@T9 Row - Celtic - Norwich - Stoke - Rangers - Arsenal ( Kilmarnock & Man City ) ( Bristol City & Chelsea ) ( Liverpool & Man Utd )

@The_Degan - Rangers - Chelsea - Arsenal - Spurs - Celtic ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Bristol City & Liverpool ) ( Middlesbrough & Man City ) - OUT

@WeAreRangers - Rangers - Chelsea - Arsenal - Spurs - Ross Co ( Kilmarnock & Man Utd ) ( Bristol City & Sheff Utd ) ( Liverpool & Man City )

= 5 OUT

Back