The last time you wanted a Scottish team to do well in Europe?

Some time in the 1990s probably when I was a misguided and naively patriotic teenager. Whenever Kilmarnock had their wee runs in Europe around that era was probably the last time.

Whereas Killie’s last European escapade I enjoyed with great relish for the other reasons

Aberdeen in the 83 ECWC Final.

edit; I'm sure you meant a Scottish team that isn't us.

I’ll be honest, when Killie and the sheep got put out by pub teams this season, I was a bit disappointed.

Just think how good the coefficient points would be if they and the others won a few games.

Having said that I wouldn’t say I was supporting them and the disappointment didn’t last long and quickly turned to laughter.

As a kid I cheered on Dundee United in 86/87 and Hearts in 88/89 during their UEFA Cup runs.

Being honest though (and taking everything else into account) which other Scottish team apart from us and them have had such a run that you could get behind them ?

Aberdeen in 07/08 and that was never ever a starter for me.

Dundee Utd only. I wanted the sheep to lose their final. I live among and work with their fans and by that time they had all become hate filled b******s.

I was okay with the sheep getting past Xmas in 07-08. Didn’t cheer them on, right enough.
Actively wanting others to win - Aberdeen v Real Madrid, Dun Utd v Gothenburg and Barcelona. And Raith Rovers.

I can’t remember actively hoping aberdeen/Dundee utd did well.i was impressed by both sides performances in Europe.living in angus I was surrounded by sheep and Arabs who all came out of the woodwork so that clouded my view.

I listened to loads of European games (featuring Scottish teams) on the radio and always wanted the Scottish (with the obvious exception, altho' if they were playing an English team I wasn't too bothered who won) team to win. Hasn't been that way for a few years now.

I’ll be honest, when Killie and the sheep got put out by pub teams this season, I was a bit disappointed.

Just think how good the coefficient points would be if they and the others won a few games.

Having said that I wouldn’t say I was supporting them and the disappointment didn’t last long and quickly turned to laughter.

I was pissin myself, and delighted

Aberdeen & Dundee Utd in the 80s.
must admit, living in perth i went to a few scumdee utd games in europe and seen them beat the great Barcelona amongst other great teams cos my brother n law was a huge fan and to be fair they had a real cracking team at the time, before i get slaughtered for saying it i followed Rangers home and away and it was just the occasional European night i had at tannadice

I really cant remember, coz I have spent so long hating the lot of them. It may have been Dundee UTD under Jim Maclean
I think that's the same as me. Around the time they lost a final over 2 legs if I remember it correctly.

Loved the way Dundee Utd played in Europe.
They had some brilliant results against some top teams.

To think they took a 2-0 lead to Italy in the semi final of the European cup.
Was absolutely gutted they never made it to the final against Liverpool.

Absolutely detest them now and wish them nothing but pain.

I think that's the same as me. Around the time they lost a final over 2 legs if I remember it correctly.
Bizarrely I have the programme from the 1st leg at Tannadice, one of neighbours at that time was studying in Dundee and went to the game.
Cool story bro

The uefa cup run by dundee united in the 80s. Going to the nou camp. Remember it like it was yesterday.
How times change.

Back