The last weekend of the women's football season

Will malky get another season? The performances in the big games this season have been shocking.

We took players from City and they've gone downhill
We signed internationalists like O'Neill and swaby and they either cannot get into a poor team or have regressed

We're a professional team that looks distinctly unprofessional and thats a management issue

With Shelly Kerr not an option given her new job
I'd try for a Casey Stoney type, she started management well

people probably rightly having a pop a malky but we're does this Kevin Murphy start to take the flack .he's is as culpable

people probably rightly having a pop a malky but we're does this Kevin Murphy start to take the flack .he's is as culpable

The whole coaching setup needs binned and start from scratch.

We basically bought the league and still finished 3rd. Shamble

Absolute appalling performance, same performance as usual against the better teams, all we do is hit long balls trying to play in hay and arnot, the manager hasnt a clue, its no where near good enough, pack the midfield ffs.

Another pretty dreadful performance thus far. Beginning to wonder how many are worth retaining - ness and arnott are both contributing next to nothing

That there has only been one sub, and that it was to take Brogan off, I find baffling.
To be honest, I’ve watched a lot of women’s games this season and, whilst Brogan Hay had a purple patch of a handful of games she’s also had more than her fair share of games where she has offered absolutely nothing. Good turn of pace, occasional ‘trick’ - but when she’s not ‘at it’ she’s a passenger.

Thats not to say she was any more deserving of being subbed than several others today but, she’s not as good as many on here seem to think she is. Not often enough, at least. She’s a long way to go yet.

Another pretty dreadful performance thus far. Beginning to wonder how many are worth retaining - ness and arnott are both contributing next to nothing

Arnott is better in midfield but with bell and howatt out shes pushed forward

Another management issue, lack of attacking players

To be honest, I’ve watched a lot of women’s games this season and, whilst Brogan Hay had a purple patch of a handful of games she’s also had more than her fair share of games where she has offered absolutely nothing. Good turn of pace, occasional ‘trick’ - but when she’s not ‘at it’ she’s a passenger.

Thats not to say she was any more deserving of being subbed than several others today but, she’s not as good as many on here seem to think she is. Not often enough, at least. She’s a long way to go yet.
She has got a way to go and isn't the most consistent but it's the predictability of her being first sub that grates. As you say, there were several other candidates. The other two of the front three were not nearly at their best today and there were few pass marks elsewhere.

To be fair, when the managers tactics are to rely on a 22 year old inexperienced winger to get through games then it’s only natural that said winger will struggle at times.

Players like Arnot, Ness, Kerr, Docherty should all be taking a look at themselves for their part in a failure of a season.

To be fair, when the managers tactics are to rely on a 22 year old inexperienced winger to get through games then it’s only natural that said winger will struggle at times.

Players like Arnot, Ness, Kerr, Docherty should all be taking a look at themselves for their part in a failure of a season.
22 is pretty experienced for woman’s football where school kids are often pitched in.
She’s been playing first team football for 7 years.

22 is pretty experienced for woman’s football where school kids are often pitched in.
She’s been playing first team football for 7 years.
She’s been involved in first team squads for 7 years yes, but hasn’t played anywhere near as often as she could and should have.

Two years around the first team at Glasgow City she played a handful of games at best which is why she left, since coming to Rangers she’s been in and out of the side, had a serious ankle injury and only this season has had a proper run of games, so she’s definitely still fairly inexperienced.

Based on performances in the big games this season, I dread to think how bad we were prior to the investment.

Malky has to go. Doesn’t look like the team does any training let alone full time

I watched most of the rangers ladies game yesterday.
Not impressed at all. Our 2 centre halves turn slower than a cruise ship. The keeper was woeful and we seemed to persist with just limping the ball forward .
Glasgow city looked on another level and really should have won by more.
Congrats to them.

Back