• Brian and Michael Laudrup

Votes: 527 93.3%
  • Frank and Ronald De Boer

Votes: 38 6.7%

• Total voters

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Who were the more talented brothers?

On a side note it still blows my mind that 3 out of the 4 played for us, good times indeed. 4 extremely gifted players, no question for me Michael is the cream of the crop and up there with Zidane, Platini and the like as one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. But the other 3 were all incredible talents too, with Brian being my personal favourite, the reasons for which I’m sure I don’t even need to explain. People of a certain age really have been fortunate to see some sensational footballers don our jersey.

asset.dr_.jpg

0_Partick-Thistle-versus-Rangers.jpg

I have to say from a Rangers point it was incredible to had the De Boers playing for us and it sadness me that we never really appreciated them . My kids and all others born in the 2000’s have never really known such sustained great times . They just shade it from a Rangers point although from an individual Brian was in my opinion the greatest in my era apart from Super Cooper of course

Michael Laudrup is amongst the best ever to play the game. Brian was instrumental in the Danes winning the euros.

Can't see past them.

Ronald and Frank at one time were amongst the best in the world and that is no slight amongst them and Ronald was a wonderful Ranger. But Brian.

Would have to go the Laudrups as I think Michael was a class above the other 3. Think for an order I would go Michael, Frank, then debating between other 2 for 3rd and 4th and probably lean towards Brian over Ronald for what he did at Rangers. All top quality players though, and as said in opening post, the fact that 3 of the 4 played for us is quite incredible to think about

The De Boers were more talented I'd say but the Laudrups were a pair of wee belters

Tbf to the De Boers, both great players but totally different types of players to the Laudrups!! Although it's great we're talking about 4 great players for Rangers!
In my view the Laudrups are number 1!

I don’t even think it’s close the Laudrup brothers were head and shoulders above the De Boers could maybe even say Micheal Laudrup was better than both Frank and Ronald just himself.

That’s not a slight on the De Boer twins but the Laudrup brothers were on another planet imo.

Brian was an amazing player, but to be honest, Michael was something special and you only need to look at the clubs he played for to see how special he was.

Brian Laudrup to this day remains my favourite ever player to wear the jersey. An 8 year old me couldn't comprehend how he wasn't playing for us at the start of the 98-99 season, which probably says how brilliant he was. So the Laudrups do win, purely on that, plus Michael was an absolutely brilliant player, in that rung of plays just below the all time greats.

However, I love the fact that the De Boer's played for us as well, as both were excellent players.

Laudrup brothers but you can’t really compare them to the de Boers as Frank was a Defender. Four world class players that won the Champions League.

Bit unfair on FDB this thread as he's a defender and the other 3 were attacking players. 4 fantastic players.
That was my first thought as well. Frank de Boer was probably more successful in his career than Brian L. and RdB. Michael Laudrup was just total world class and wins it hands down, but FdB is second with not much in it between BL and RdB

I have to say from a Rangers point it was incredible to had the De Boers playing for us and it sadness me that we never really appreciated them . My kids and all others born in the 2000’s have never really known such sustained great times . They just shade it from a Rangers point although from an individual Brian was in my opinion the greatest in my era apart from Super Cooper of course
See when people say apart from super Cooper they are kidding themselves on. B

Whilst the de Boers were great players, no contest for me. Michael Laudrup was sensational and Brian is the best player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey.
Also, my attitude towards Frank soured after reading the excellent book about Robert Enke

Michael Laudrup for me is the best talent Europe has produced in the last 50 years. His wee Bro Brian was world class as well. The Laudrups win this for me.

FdB was a rolls Royce in his day though.

Who were the more talented brothers?

On a side note it still blows my mind that 3 out of the 4 played for us, good times indeed. 4 extremely gifted players, no question for me Michael is the cream of the crop and up there with Zidane, Platini and the like as one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. But the other 3 were all incredible talents too, with Brian being my personal favourite, the reasons for which I’m sure I don’t even need to explain. People of a certain age really have been fortunate to see some sensational footballers don our jersey.

asset.dr_.jpg

0_Partick-Thistle-versus-Rangers.jpg
As much as I like the De Boars , Michael was one of the best in the world at his peak , And Brian the best I’ve ever seen .

Good question, but the Laudrups for me and reasonably comfortably so.

Michael Laudrup was at one point the best player in the World imo.The De Boers were great but none of them come close to him.

Back