Votes: 527 93.3%
  • Frank and Ronald De Boer

Votes: 38 6.7%

• Total voters
See when people say apart from super Cooper they are kidding themselves on. B
I agree, Cooper was magnif but Brian Laudrup was a few levels above

Did you just agree with yourself?

yes-precious-we-did.jpg

Totally unfair poll and i am sure the Laudrup brothers would agree . Can anyone name me two footballing brothers better than the Laudrups in the history of world football ? There aren’t any to save you looking . The de boers were world class but the Laudrup brothers in the elite .

Totally unfair poll and i am sure the Laudrup brothers would agree . Can anyone name me two footballing brothers better than the Laudrups in the history of world football ? There aren’t any to save you looking . The de boers were world class but the Laudrup brothers in the elite .

You’ve clearly never heard of a little thing called the Nevilles

It's the Laudrups but signing R. de Boer was the last time I remember thinking 'wow' when we signed somebody. Mind running home from school to check teletext after the rumour was going about that he'd signed.

It's the Laudrups but signing R. de Boer was the last time I remember thinking 'wow' when we signed somebody. Mind running home from school to check teletext after the rumour was going about that he'd signed.

Yeah it’s definitely the last signing that had me awe struck. What an absolutely brilliant footballer though, when he was in form and focussed he was levels above the rest of the league.

The Laudrups are more talented but im unsure if you could support a midfield with both Laudrups in there, at least the De Boer’s were different areas of the pitch

The Laudrups are more talented but im unsure if you could support a midfield with both Laudrups in there, at least the De Boer’s were different areas of the pitch

You could have a Laudrup on each flank with a batistuta up top and a normal 3 man midfield behind them , of course it would work . It would be sensational to watch .

People that ask why Walter didn’t go for Michael at the time.... lol maybe cause he was busy playing at nou camp and the bernabau

To be fair we got Ronald from there and Brian came from the best league in the world having played for a great Milan team and a great squad at Fiorentina (despite there relegation which was a bit of a freak). And not to mention his stint at Bayern Munich.

I dont think Brian won the Champions League, the European Championship with Denmark is not a bad substitute.
I might be in the minority here but i consider FdB to be one of the most talented centre halfs we have had, under McLeishs 3 at the system Larsson never got a sniff when up against deBoer but unfortunately they had they other 3 scumbags scoring
I had a season ticket the season we had FdB. Only time I've had a season ticket and worst season ever to pick.

But I thought FdB was class and loved watching him.

Noticed when the opposition played a long ball in his direction, he'd always act like he was trying to get in front of the forward and manage to hussle them up the pitch a bit, then at the last minute he'd step back. Pretty much every time the ball sailed over the forwards head, Frank would calmly chest it down and pass it away. I swear he won every long ball without ever jumping or having to head the ball. Was genius the way he did it.

FdB was definitely the highlight of that season for me. The fact watching Chris Burke was the 2nd best thing about that season for me sums up how shit a season it was!

I agree it’s the Laudrup but worth remembering what the De Boers achieved in the game.

Some folk are saying by a country mile etc, it wasnt the Young brothers from Aberdeen we were comparing to.

Never really seen Michael Laudrup play, he was in the last age before football became a regular TV spectacle, but I do know he was a special, special player.
Brian goes without saying was phenomenal at us, but I think that's because he was given free reign to do whatever, and play wherever he wanted to.
The de Boers, I've seen a lot of, from their early days at Ajax, to Barcelona, and then us.
They were special, special players too.
They get my vote, only because I've 'seen' more of their career.

Back