The laughing, joking and smiling Alfie

It’s a nice wee brace to set him up for a start on Sunday. Seeing as Roofe is a doubt.

He just enjoys scoring goals, transforms him from a moody git to a super hero instantly.

Well he did something today I don’t remember him doing, in fact I criticised him for.

That was the first ‘soft finish’ I can remember Alfredo scoring for us.

My point ? Despite a lot of criticism about him not trying, it seems to me he’s been working on that finish in training.

Playing alongside Defoe would bring a smile to anyone’s face..
But seriously, it looked like a contented Alfie playing tonight. And that can only be a good thing for us.

The manager deserves huge credit for how he has managed the Buffalo. Potential to go completely pear shaped at times but he has shown him that he absolutely can’t just do what he wants. He has to meet standards or he doesn’t play. I actually think he has a far better attitude than people give him credit for. He has the sullen appearance and when things are going badly his body language can be terrible but over the period he has shown far more positive traits in his character than negative.

maybe his agent had a word with him, told him start scoring and playing well again, then he'll have a better choice of clubs to move to

maybe his agent had a word with him, told him start scoring and playing well again, then he'll have a better choice of clubs to move to
exactly. Not many clubs would be happy to spend £20m on a guy who seems to regularly go in the huff

A recent highlight of the media blitz on him was the pic of an unhappy Morelos sitting in the Hamilton stand

Shock - footballer not playing is not happy

great that he's playing, scoring and has the cheeky wee smile going again

Last edited:
He must love the European games where he is treated like every other he wasn’t great on a one to one with the keeper but last night was a touch of finesse that I hope he has worked onplayer. The relaxed Alfie is a better player and seems to have added a bit of finesse to his finishing, judging by that little chip tonight.

We may not be the biggest club he ever plays for, but I reckon we will be the most passionate.
He will probably know that! Unfortunately for any career you do need to earn the most you can for your family and his projects back home. I think he will stay 1 more year and love it here.

He must love the European games where he is treated like every other player. The relaxed Alfie is a better player and seems to have added a bit of finesse to his finishing, judging by that little chip tonight.
That little chip was straight out of the Defoe handbook to scoring goals 1 v 1, v keepers Vol.2.
He has clearly made an impression on Alfredo, and that first time chip has a JD trademark stamped on it.

Gerrard has managed this well, I said a few weeks ago that his job was to get him firing again and he's done it with a bit of tough love, dropping him then leaving him on the bench for an entire game was the kick up the arse he needed, he knows now a lack of application won't be tolerated and Gerrard has shown him, and the rest of the squad, who is boss.

I hope he stays, he's outrageously good when his heads in the right place.

He seems to bond well with Defoe. I think he probably has as much to do with turning him around as Gerrard
I wonder if Defoe has told him he's got all the money he'll ever need but only 1 medal to show for his career and to dig in for 1 more season, win the title then have his pick of clubs ?

He must love the European games where he is treated like every other player. The relaxed Alfie is a better player and seems to have added a bit of finesse to his finishing, judging by that little chip tonight.

We will miss him

But we spent money on the assumption that he was leaving. I think

The guy doesn’t speak the language, therefor can’t grasp the mechanisms of Scotland outwith putting the ball in the back of the net. Media have a lot to answer for in their railroading of this young man. Yes, at times his petulant behaviour hasn’t helped but he’s been portrayed as a monster...moulded by Tim media. Why...because they can see he’s a class player and don’t want to share the spotlight. More media talk on their players dictates the tempo and increases player values. Typical Lawwell tactic.

Back