The league's not over yet

One win against Ross county doesn't mean we are suddenly firing on all cylinders

I expect hibs to put in double the effort they did against st j, and will be one of our toughest games this set of games.

Great to see we were playing better, and Jack/roofe back should keep us ticking over. Also I just can't see them winning all their games
We played fantastic against county, the keeper kept that respectable.

It is what it is.

Rangers have a huge lead and are in a great position but it's not over until it's mathematically impossible for another team to catch up.

It's looking good and I expect Rangers to win the league from this position, but it's not done yet.

Since Gerrard arrived, Rangers have a great record in important games both domestically and in Europe. To me this shows that the players are good enough when they are fully motivated and giving their all. Talk of the league being finished can only increase the chances of some players performance levels going down, so I don't see it benefitting Rangers. On the plus side, these players and the management team look to be too professional to allow outside influences to derail them.

I am on the verge of going all out and breaking away from one game at a time mantra

If we beat Hibs on Wednesday it’s done for me, means we will have doubled our advantage from effectively 7 points ahead on Jan 1st to effectively 14 ahead

After playing Celtic at home, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs away that would be remarkable

That combined with the games we have left would mean we are achieving 55 very very soon
IF?

One win against Ross county doesn't mean we are suddenly firing on all cylinders

I expect hibs to put in double the effort they did against st j, and will be one of our toughest games this set of games.

Great to see we were playing better, and Jack/roofe back should keep us ticking over. Also I just can't see them winning all their games
We'll beat the scum at the sty and again at Ibrox - leagues finished

It was our form in February/ March which done us last year. 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. We don't want anything like that again now. Although the scum seem incapable of putting a run together they are still better than the rest of the league so it Is possible.

It was our form in February/ March which done us last year. 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. We don't want anything like that again now. Although the scum seem incapable of putting a run together they are still better than the rest of the league so it Is possible.
I think January was awful too.

Looking at the January fixtures, I was hoping just to maintain our lead at the end of the month. The fact they've taken 3 points out of 12, had an absolute mare in Dubai and Lennon looks to be heading for a straightjacket, while we've picked up 10 out of 12, I think puts us out of sight. Obviously still work to do, but it would take an unbelievable upturn from them, combined with an unbelievable collapse from us to prevent us winning it from here and realistically neither looks likely.
PMSL about the straight jacket class.

Boys yes i am serious and the fact we are in a position where we should win it has sent my nerves into meltdown for some reason. If it was neck and neck i would be less stressed as my expectation wouldnt be as high.
Im an admitted a pessimist (or shitebag) at the best of times watching Rangers and my desire to win the league is off the scale but the fear of a collapse is still playing heavy on my mind.
Trust me i wish i wasnt like that but i am very much in the 'its not done until its mathematically done' camp
Take a chill pill bro

Should be another one made up for Rangers fans who say “you can’t enjoy anything cos it’s no win yet”

Equally there should be one for here when someone says "one game at a time" when someone has the audacity to start a thread on anything that isn't the next game.

I agree mate. Although a win on wednesday might have me start to believe. On the other hand, we lose it and big doubts will start to set in again from me.
We could lose on Wednesday, lose both OF games, and STILL have to lose another two games of the remaining ten to lose the league - and that is also dependent on the scum winning 16 in a row to close out the season. They've had consecutive wins ONCE since the beginning of OCTOBER.

As things stand on current points per game totals, this is how the final table is shaping up.

Rangers 105pts
Celtic 79pts
Aberdeen 69pts

There is a race - but it's for second place.

No. It’s not possible. You are mad.

You can’t say we had some bad results last Feb/Mar and so we can do it this year and it’s the same. We weren’t 23 points ahead in Jan last year.

This is an absurdly ridiculous post that doesn’t take into account the yawning chasm of a difference between this year and last year to date.

They could win their next 7 and we could lose the 4 we play during the same period and we’d still be ahead.

What an absurd comparison you have made. You cannot ignore the results and league table for the preceding 20odd games.

I actually think people don’t realise quite how far ahead we are.
It’s not that, it’s that they don’t understand what has to happen for us to lose the league.
As in, we need to lose at least four of our last thirteen games when we’ve yet to lose.
Or draw six of the thirteen.
On top of that, the scum need to win more points in their last sixteen games than they’ve won in the preceding twenty two.
They’d have to beat Rangers twice when they’ve lost the last three and, I think, four of the last five.
On top of this they’ve got to turnover a twenty-eight goal difference advantage.
I won’t say “impossible” but, there’ll probably have never been a turnaround like it in the whole of football.

This thread. Honestly. Some of you guys must be shitting yourselves to an early grave.

Enjoy every minute of this.

This isn't a neck for neck situation like previous run ins.

It's done. They haven't shown anything to suggest they'll win every game never mind beat us twice.

It's coming home.

We are a thoroughbred cantering to the finishing line and 5 fences back an old clydesdale is trying to catch us
The mentally challengeds have many difficult games to play against teams scraping for points to get top 6 or avoid relegation they smell blood

No. It’s not possible. You are mad.

You can’t say we had some bad results last Feb/Mar and so we can do it this year and it’s the same. We weren’t 23 points ahead in Jan last year.

This is an absurdly ridiculous post that doesn’t take into account the yawning chasm of a difference between this year and last year to date.

They could win their next 7 and we could lose the 4 we play during the same period and we’d still be ahead.

What an absurd comparison you have made. You cannot ignore the results and league table for the preceding 20odd games.
I meant it was possible they could go on a good run of form. We need to make sure we don't go on a bad run. Neither look likely at the moment but such things happen in football. Look at Liverpool.

This thread. Honestly. Some of you guys must be shitting yourselves to an early grave.

It's done. They haven't shown anything to suggest they'll win every game never mind beat us twice.

It's coming home.
I’m usually amongst the most optimistic, positive poster on this forum.
A “happy clapper” I’ve been called many a time.
However, and despite my previous post on the thread, I still cannot bring myself to say these words.

I’m usually amongst the most optimistic, positive poster on this forum.
A “happy clapper” I’ve been called many a time.
However, and despite my previous post on the thread, I still cannot bring myself to say these words.

We are at worst 14 points clear so get happy clapping mate.

If we were at the games would you be joining in belting it out?

It's coming home.
Unfortunately our support is mentally scarred by the last decade.
Points deduction, expelled from football. Lost a full team of international players. Entering the lowest senior football league, where we drew our first 3 away games and then got beaten by Stirling f<cking Albion, then also lost at Ibrox to Annan ffs. The club was also being financially raped of over £50m(at least) by a succession of crooks.
The club also escaped the clutches of the fat man by the skin of their teeth. The Hibs cup final
Only last season we got beaten at home by Hamilton. The league title was then awarded after a corrupt vote.

Some of the support can be forgiven for not getting over excited by lead that has not as yet secured the league title. The winds of change may be blowing, but nothing has been won yet.

Unfortunately our support is mentally scarred by the last decade.
Points deduction, expelled from football. Lost a full team of international players. Entering the lowest senior football league, where we drew our first 3 away games and then got beaten by Stirling f<cking Albion, then also lost at Ibrox to Annan ffs. The club was also being financially raped of over £50m(at least) by a succession of crooks.
The club also escaped the clutches of the fat man by the skin of their teeth. The Hibs cup final
Only last season we got beaten at home by Hamilton. The league title was then awarded after a corrupt vote.

Some of the support can be forgiven for not getting over excited by lead that has not as yet secured the league title. The winds of change may be blowing, but nothing has been won yet.

Thanks for the memories.

It's coming home.

Anyone who still has doubts now should grab a can of juice.

It’s over, relax and enjoy their pain.
But I've seen loads of videos recently of the mentally challenged fans singing "here we do 10 in a row". So they are clearly still confident they can overturn the gap.

:D

It’s possible, but it’s also possible that I could shag Jenny Anniston, but it’s highly unlikely. :p

I’m glad I bought my 55 t-shirt last month now, I reckon there could be a supply issue from now on B-)

Back