The life and times Wilson on the Wing

Part of a terrific forward line Scott,Macmillan Millar Brand Wilson. After Alex Scott, wee willie Henderson. That was my team as a boy, happy days.

I’ll be getting my dad that for his birthday coming up . A proper bluenose my old man , thinking of lunch in the argyle suite as well for him .

Maybe not our greatest ever Number 11, although there is incredible competition for that title.
But very possibly the greatest goalscoring winger we've ever had.

Maybe not our greatest ever Number 11, although there is incredible competition for that title.
But very possibly the greatest goalscoring winger we've ever had.
I don’t think there is any doubt Davie Wilson is/was the greatest goalscoring winger we’ve ever had. A return of 1 goal every 2 and a bit games is incredible. If anyone had to twist my arm and demand who was the best left winger I have seen play for us, the answer would be Brian Laudrup. However, for overall contribution to the success of The Rangers (and over a longer timescale) Davie Wilson is up there amongst the best.

I don’t think there is any doubt Davie Wilson is/was the greatest goalscoring winger we’ve ever had. A return of 1 goal every 2 and a bit games is incredible. If anyone had to twist my arm and demand who was the best left winger I have seen play for us, the answer would be Brian Laudrup. However, for overall contribution to the success of The Rangers (and over a longer timescale) Davie Wilson is up there amongst the best.

The late great Johnny Hubbard scored 116 in 259, not too bad! Although he was the penalty king.

First Gers game was at old brockville 1962 davie scored 6 playing at centre forward in a7 1 win jimmy millar right half Willie Henderson on right wing Alex Scott on left

Seen Davie Wilson play against us when I was a wee boy, at tannadice , had to ask my dad why the rangers were cheering him. Years later he arranged my mortgage, late 80,s.top man and top ranger.

Bumped into Mr Wilson recently,as a 64 year old that,s how I addressed him,sprightly and happy to chat about The Famous.

First Gers game was at old brockville 1962 davie scored 6 playing at centre forward in a7 1 win jimmy millar right half Willie Henderson on right wing Alex Scott on left
Was at that game as well! Happy memories right behind the goal where most of the goals went in. What a team we had then!

Going to get this for my da, 81 this year but the stories about Wilson,Baxter,Henderson etc still roll off the tongue, heard them all a hundred times but still love it.

Is the launch still scheduled for 11 May?

I had hoped to attempt procuring a signed copy for my old man's birthday a few days before that, but given all that's happened in the past few months, I think that's beyond the realms of possibility....

Back