The list of managers Mccinnes topped is scary

Mcinnes certainly was not King's preferred candidate

That was my memory of it from the stories kicking around at the time. King had asked Walter for some advice, and we weren't using Mark Allen for the process despite his role at the club at that point.

Nothing got done at Rangers without King's sign-off back then, also.

Anyone who had McInnes at the top of a list for anything should never make a decision again regarding football at Rangers.
Plus anyone who had anything to do with actually
Anyone who had McInnes at the top of a list for anything should never make a decision again regarding football at Rangers.
Plus anyone who had anything to do with actually giving Pedro the job

The more you think about it the more obvious it becomes how perfect Gerrard was for the job. Someone who had experience of putting a team on his back, getting back up and going again with the same mentality when things didn’t work out. Simply driven to win.
McInnes turning the job down to stay in a relatively comfortable but mediocre job tells you he was never right for Rangers, especially at that time.

Just listening to the latest episode of heart and hand Gerrard Evolution of a revolution and they were saying the list of managers that Derek Mccinnes topped included Darren Ferguson and Derek Adams, how lucky are we?
Its as if someone was flicking through their contact list and stopped on D

I heard that on Heart and Hand earlier and think it’s frightening that Ferguson and Adams even made the list.

I can almost see why McInnes was on the list and delighted he shat it.

Whoever thought Pedro, Adams and Ferguson are good enough to manage Rangers should be nowhere near our club.

Just reading Chris Jacks book ‘Going for 55’ and in it Dave King says the list of managers given to him included 4 ex EPL managers and 2 ex England ones.

No, he was terrible.

We'll never know what he mighta been like under normal circumstances. Shoulda been good, working under Walter and all, and nobody has ever had to work under those conditions, ever. We'll never know & it's a moot point, just don't slag him off. Without Ally primarily, plus Sandy, Bomber, the Sons of Struth and others, there woulda been no Rangers for the three bears to save.
Stevie G was the perfect appointment after a coupla false starts. Compare and contrast, where we were, where we'd been & where we are. Let's go.
RTID GSTQ WATP

Someone in that boardroom stood up and shouted, "right, that's fuckin it. All of you sit down and wind yer fuckin necks in" (or something like that :D)

Probably Dave.

Ally may have been a good manager unfortunately for him he got the job at the wrong time.
What do you mean by 'may have been'?.

Some players are legends as players

Some are cut out to be managers.

Ally is in the former category.

I'd argue he was the right manager at the right time as he proved beyond all doubt, that he couldn't cut it at the lowest level far less getting us to the top. It took some amount of deadwood and heartbreak before we got a manager worthy of the name.

It was never going to be Ally.

We'll never know what he mighta been like under normal circumstances. Shoulda been good, working under Walter and all, and nobody has ever had to work under those conditions, ever. We'll never know & it's a moot point, just don't slag him off. Without Ally primarily, plus Sandy, Bomber, the Sons of Struth and others, there woulda been no Rangers for the three bears to save.
Stevie G was the perfect appointment after a coupla false starts. Compare and contrast, where we were, where we'd been & where we are. Let's go.
RTID GSTQ WATP
Didn't cut it before administration so I don't see the force of your point.

Back