The Louden: Elsewhere

In New York City the market would be for a Yankees themed pub close to the stadium. Baseball teams play a lot of games at home so the commercial opportunity is there. Not just in New York, but Boston as well.
Plenty of Yankees bars near stadium. Stans being my go to. Wall to wall yankees photos etc.

Love it in there. Its basically across the road from the bleachers at the old stadium and still very near the new one.

In New York City the market would be for a Yankees themed pub close to the stadium. Baseball teams play a lot of games at home so the commercial opportunity is there. Not just in New York, but Boston as well.
Already a couple big Yankee bars next to the stadium. Rent costs would be higher, but a Knicks/Rangers themed bar near Madison Square Garden would be a better idea imo.

Not somewhere I frequent, but would Blackpool be a decent shout? Caters for the large numbers of folk who travel down there from March-October and probably fits the profile of what people are looking for. Unsure what the Nov-Feb footfall would be like though and there is probably already a lot of competition.

The problem with a Rangers pub outside Glasgow or the central belt is that the market is limited. So you have to look at how the Louden concept and business model can be adapted to local conditions and whether the market is big enough to support the investment.

City Centre I think.
Would've been fun if you had snapped up the Blackfriars premises in the Merchant city, a lot of fun on OF days!

Terrible that that place has fallen into the hands of vermin.

Lack of Rangers friendly bars around city centre is sad.

I would have liked a freehold in London but would be looking at a package of £12m
I quite fancy Orlando or the Canaries

Im sure it would work in both as the tourists would still prefer a Rangers themed bar when the season finishes in May when we play in the Scottish cup final every year and folk go on holiday.

Was i being presumptious there. :))

Ideal for sticking on old games when the season is finished to keep the punters interested.

Folk go on holiday all year round so it might be a niche.

The problem with a Rangers pub outside Glasgow or the central belt is that the market is limited. So you have to look at how the Louden concept and business model can be adapted to local conditions and whether the market is big enough to support the investment.
I don't believe there is room for another Louden in Scotland

In North America, you’ll have to contend with 7:30am kick-offs (ET) and midweek games in the middle of the workday.

The successful sports bars take in supporters groups from various clubs.

Benidorm? Plenty of bears go there on holiday every year.

Not sure if the golden last is still going so could be an opportunity for another bears boozer especially with the bluebell closing.
It's still going but was mainly ignored at the European convention last week which is unfortunate as it was the original Rangers bar over there.

Im sure it would work in both as the tourists would still prefer a Rangers themed bar when the season finishes in May when we play in the Scottish cup final every year and folk go on holiday.

Was i being presumptious there. :))

Ideal for sticking on old games when the season is finished to keep the punters interested.

Folk go on holiday all year round so it might be a niche.
People have pockets full of money to spend, it's just finding a way to get them to spend it in your pub

I think there is maybe one or two places it might work, but ask yourself why no one has spent money on a decent size Rangers pub in the Town, over the years
If it was run the correct way I've no doubt it would be a success. Oswalds is decent and is well supported but it could be so much better. They have the same dozen or so records from Spotify on repeat at a low volume.

I've never understood why Glasgow City Centre hasn't got a Soul bar. It would be a huge success.

It's still going but was mainly ignored at the European convention last week which is unfortunate as it was the original Rangers bar over there.

That's a shame not heard anyone speaking about it in years that's why I thought it was finished. Last time I was in Benidorm the Ibrox bar was jam packed for a game.

A think another rangers pub in tenerife Las americas would work, not too far from safari centre area or not too far from Veronicas strip

Not sure if serious.

The amount of last pint bears waiting at St Enoch Subway about 2.20 on a match day says different.

No idea whether that could sustain non match days though.
That’s exactly my point. A Rangers theme pub would not be busy all week.

Why not?

I think it would do well.
Because much as it’s a nice idea to think most folk on a night out want to be in theme pub with the tunes blaring the reality is that’s probably not the case. Of course it would be busy on a match day and when we are playing away but can’t see it being busy day to day.

It's a hard time

I was speaking to Wilma in the Ibrox Bar in March before we played Red Star away and unless there was a game on it is dead

We were in the day of the game and could not move

I was also there in June when the Junior cup final was on and it was empty too.

I don't think it works given the amount of competition around

It;s the same this week when I'm in Las Americas from Thursday - I'll be in the Ibrox Bar for the game on Saturday and it will be overflowing, but outwith that???

Eastend of glasgow(doubt there's any chance of this but would love it as close to home), city centre or Erskine/renfrew would be a prime location(where I'm from)

Back