The Louden: Elsewhere

Well, there is a picture of the Queen in her coronation robes on the wall at South Seas Club, Lautoka, Fiji Islands, so they are halfway there. Seriously, though, Paisley, Greenock/Gourock, EK, Motherwell, Ayr, Dundee, Arbroath, Montrose.

On the couch. Can't get time off work to be there through various factors. In the huff loyal.

I'm sure that atmosphere will be great, similar to Seville in regards to loads of supporters of don't normally go to Euro aways going down for a party in the pubs and fan zones.

I have visited on a few occasions. How do the pubs in the Village and the shopping centre lean?
Been years since I was in either for a game but the centre pubs were probably about 50/50. Village apparently leans towards them for some reason but remember a stand off between the Monty and whatever their hovel across the road was called at the time after we won the league at Tannadice in 2009. The Monty side was in good spirits :cool: :shh:

A lot of the local places in the rest of the town seem to be in our favour overall.

Spanish Reguations are nuts

They sure are since brexit, I’m over in Tenerife just now, staffing seems to be an issue for lots as you need to have Spanish residencie now before you can work now.

Always a dream of mine also and keep an eye out but the prices are high and property is even higher.

Already two proper Rangers bars here Bluebell is very small but ok Craig’s a good guy, The Ibrox Bar is the best one here, decent location, George and Shelly are lovely people, decent grub, packed on a match day (which I better move mad it will be packed by 5pm)

Last edited:
They sure are since brexit, I’m over in Tenerife just now, staffing seems to be an issue for lots as you need to have Spanish residencie now before you can work now.

Always a dream of mine also and keep an eye out but the prices are high and property is even higher.

Already two proper Rangers bars here Bluebell is very small but ok Craig’s a good guy, The Ibrox Bar is the best one here, decent location, George and Shelly are lovely people, decent grub, packed on a match day (which I better move mad it will be packed by 5pm)
They were nuts even before Brexit I can assure you. The authorities have always made it difficult for British owned bars and now they can make it even harder to meet all the rules and regulations. It can still be done though if you have the resources and get the correct people doing all your paperwork.

The old Balbirs in Church St. Loads of bears use Hillhead / Kelvinhall / Partick subways, plus when the new pedestrian bridge opens across more or less on the route of the ferry I suspect even more people will use that route too.

They were nuts even before Brexit I can assure you. The authorities have always made it difficult for British owned bars and now they can make it even harder to meet all the rules and regulations. It can still be done though if you have the resources and get the correct people doing all your paperwork.
Was bonkers in the 80's when you had to employ at least one Spanish national.

Recently Monteith's of Gourock was looking for an owner, not sure about now. You would get the weekend and summer day-trippers.
Gourock is blue to be fair, not a bad shout. Also, it almost qualifies for the ’abroad’ criteria given that you need to travel through Greenock.

City centre is a no brainer. The place is hoaching with daft Irish bars and even “Yes” bar.

Maybe Partick or somewhere close to a Subway station in the West End. Easy access before and after games, and handier for folk in the North West.
Christ last thing @Robert Marshall needs are more “what time is the last subway” questions :cool:
FWIW why make the Wee Rangers club a Louden?

Been walloping US beers, seltzers and cocktails for the last four weeks. Can’t wait to get into the Louden tomorrow for a proper pint of Staropramen washed down with a Dark Fruits.

100% goldmine if marketed and advertised properly, in many of places. I’ve said previously that my eldest son wants to do something like this also. I feel a kickstarter share ownership funding campaign may end up happening.
If you believe that a Rangers Pub in the City would be a '100% Goldmine' put a business plan together and go for it

London
Belfast
Malaga
Toronto or Niagara Falls
New York
I have been doing a wee bit of digging this week into most of the places people have put forward
London, 100% it would work but costs are prohibitive, nearly £300K a year for rent alone. I spoke to people I know about the other sites with Malaga being the only other one with a realistic chance of being a success, difficulty would be getting a venue big enough with a freehold
Looked at a Place in Tenerife and they were asking£1m for a place with a space of 200m
Might be better to look for a snack bar lol

I’d say Paisley or Cardonald/Mosspark and Patrick too…lots of Bears who live and commute through these areas to games.
Can you run a successful pub with footfall on the way to the game? I know the louden does but it’s a stones throw.

Any place further out would be dead come 1pm. And most folk won’t head back there after the game.

I have been doing a wee bit of digging this week into most of the places people have put forward
London, 100% it would work but costs are prohibitive, nearly £300K a year for rent alone. I spoke to people I know about the other sites with Malaga being the only other one with a realistic chance of being a success, difficulty would be getting a venue big enough with a freehold
Looked at a Place in Tenerife and they were asking£1m for a place with a space of 200m
Sticking the price of a pint up then?

Pint with a share in the new pub. £30.

Rents may drop in London a good few pubs not opened back since Covid.
Nice big pub 5 mins from here and 5 mins walk from Hammersmith Broadway the OSP or Old Suffolk Punch not reopened also what was years ago the famous Greyhound on Fulham Palace Road and was various pubs since been empty for years.

Ayr,If the club see there is the demand for a Rangers store there must be the demand for a Loudon.
I don't think it will be succsessful as two many fans buy online
Rents may drop in London a good few pubs not opened back since Covid.
Nice big pub 5 mins from here and 5 mins walk from Hammersmith Broadway the OSP or Old Suffolk Punch not reopened also what was years ago the famous Greyhound on Fulham Palace Road and was various pubs since been empty for years.
OSP has been Sold and greyhound is advertising events for this year and next

Orlando?

Still think it’s the obvious answer.

Or Belfast.

Thanks for the information Robert.
Good news about the OSP depending how it reopens.
May be different Greyhound?
The one that was on FPR was latterly Southern Belle and been closed for years.
Currently showing as available to rent POA.

Interestingly when it made its name as the Greyhound in 70s/80s as a live venue with famous bands when they were upcoming it was run by a great Rangers fan Duncan Ferguson who is sadly no longer with us.

Back