The Louden: Elsewhere

Another shout out for Albufeira. You've got a big catchment area with Villamoura, Faro & several other resorts along the Algarve. As mentioned above direct flights from all main British airports to Faro so you'd definitely think there would be plenty demand for it.

I think there is maybe one or two places it might work, but ask yourself why no one has spent money on a decent size Rangers pub in the Town, over the years
Not 100% sure on this but I always got the impression there was more of a loyalist angle on the likes of Annie Millers than purely Rangers. Then the likes of NN10 just became a ned magnet.

A properly run Rangers themed sports bar would surely be a goldmine.

That's a shame not heard anyone speaking about it in years that's why I thought it was finished. Last time I was in Benidorm the Ibrox bar was jam packed for a game.
Big Ian posted on the convention thread on Facebook that he was disappointed the GL never got any support from the Bears despite it being the first place in Benidorm to be a Rangers bar.

I was thinking more of Argyle Street beyond the Kelvin Hall along to Finnieston Street. Great footfall there, near SSEC etc , nightlife , not far from Squinty bridge.
The old Bannisters would be the ideal location but don't even think it's a pub now .

Tenerif
I think Tenerife would be ideal if we could get the right site
I still prefer Orlando
Tenerife is bang on .
We already have The bluebell in los cris and The Ibrox bar near adeje.
Both these bars are mobbed during games and fans go from all over South Tenerife for the games .
You really need to be in n them at least 2 hours before to get a seat .
Right in the middle between these two would be ideal .
Unlike Majorca , Tenerife is all year round during the football season .
I am back over in a couple of weeks and I’ll suss it out

Not somewhere I frequent, but would Blackpool be a decent shout? Caters for the large numbers of folk who travel down there from March-October and probably fits the profile of what people are looking for. Unsure what the Nov-Feb footfall would be like though and there is probably already a lot of competition.

There’s already a huge Rangers pub there, don’t think it would need another one.

Interesting question, but does the business model work?
You basically need people from Scotland and NI in sufficient numbers.
Benidorm, Marmaris, Lanzarote and Tenerife off the top of my head already have a Rangers bars, so probably have it sewn up.
Thinking back to Seville how many headed to Malaga/Torremelinos quite a few?so flights must be readily available, never been there, but never heard of any out and out Rangers bars(await to be put right:D)

Renfrew makes sense. Decent size town and majority are bluenoses. 20 odd boozers already mind.
Failing that, loyal Bishopton. Crying out for a decent boozer here now that Dargavel is doubling the population.

was this Simons Bar?
No idea but anytime I walk past it’s like a scene from the walking dead.

I think Tenerife would be ideal if we could get the right site
I still prefer Orlando
Tenerife should work very well. It doesn't have an off-season so you'll get year round custom and every Bear that goes to the island would come in for a pint/food even when games aren't on.

Both the Ibrox Bar and Bluebells are full hours before every game so a new Rangers pub is needed.

was this Simons Bar?
Scroll down the link, I see the Grapes is up for sale...

Back