The Louden: Elsewhere

Not 100% sure on this but I always got the impression there was more of a loyalist angle on the likes of Annie Millers than purely Rangers. Then the likes of NN10 just became a ned magnet.

A properly run Rangers themed sports bar would surely be a goldmine.
100% goldmine if marketed and advertised properly, in many of places. I’ve said previously that my eldest son wants to do something like this also. I feel a kickstarter share ownership funding campaign may end up happening.

Interesting question, but does the business model work?
You basically need people from Scotland and NI in sufficient numbers.
Benidorm, Marmaris, Lanzarote and Tenerife off the top of my head already have a Rangers bars, so probably have it sewn up.
Thinking back to Seville how many headed to Malaga/Torremelinos quite a few?so flights must be readily available, never been there, but never heard of any out and out Rangers bars(await to be put right:D)
Bar none in benalmadena.

Closed early 2 nights while we were there for Seville. Tan out of beer and another saying his bar got trashed cos a wee guy burst a table ffs

Interesting question, but does the business model work?
You basically need people from Scotland and NI in sufficient numbers.
Benidorm, Marmaris, Lanzarote and Tenerife off the top of my head already have a Rangers bars, so probably have it sewn up.
Thinking back to Seville how many headed to Malaga/Torremelinos quite a few?so flights must be readily available, never been there, but never heard of any out and out Rangers bars(await to be put right:D)
Malaga is the perfect place. 100% need a Rangers bar there.

Glasgow City centre.

But from a purely selfish point of view Garthamlock/Stepps region, got fcuk all up this way :rolleyes:

Tenerife should work very well. It doesn't have an off-season so you'll get year round custom and every Bear that goes to the island would come in for a pint/food even when games aren't on.

Both the Ibrox Bar and Bluebells are full hours before every game so a new Rangers pub is needed.
The reason I like Tenerife is that you do have all-year-round trade, but you would need to run it with food and entertainment outside of football matches.
If the pub is big enough and done to a decent standard, I think it would have every chance of being successful

Take over TWRC for us who park on Helen street.

Its a dump and sadly like the way the stadium bar was it still rakes in plenty due to its location.
Audreys spent abit of money recently doing the place up. A good family who are not just bears but loyalists. Her Dad is a gentleman too who hasnt been keeping too well.

Think before you open your trap.

The hall venue hire out is free and many diff squads run functions here throughout the year.

The most sensible of suggestions so far

Cover both ends of the ground and your footfall on a Saturday home game is complete
Completely agree, a Louden at either end of Ibrox Stadium would be perfect. There are thousands who travel roughly four miles from Paisley along the Glasgow Road and PRW without passing even one Rangers friendly pub. A Louden situated to the West of the Stadium would be an oasis both pre and post match.
I reckon its success would be guaranteed, and it would provide an alternative to the new Sports Bar planned for the Govan/Copland corner (I doubt our Board will be as fair on pricing or value for money as Rab and Alice, at a time when the support need and appreciate it most).

It surprises me that Club 1872 who favour Fan Ownership have never invested, in what you have proven to be, an appreciated and profitable, business venture. Profits in the main, could buy further shares, to pursue their objective.

Last edited:
Audreys spent abit of money recently doing the place up. A good family who are not just bears but loyalists. Her Dad is a gentleman too who hasnt been keeping too well.

Think before you open your trap.

The hall venue hire out is free and many diff squads run functions here throughout the year.
Is her old man Andy?

I like the WRC, aye it’s run down a bit but always good memories of the place from when we used to go before and after every week.

Stuck in the house and have nothing to do but think. If we were to open a Louden in another place, where does FF think would be a good place
Completely agree, a Louden at either end of Ibrox Stadium would be perfect. There are thousands who travel roughly four miles from Paisley along the Glasgow Road and PRW without passing even one Rangers friendly pub. A Louden situated to the West of the Stadium would be an oasis both pre and post match.
I reckon its success would be guaranteed, and it would provide an alternative to the new Sports Bar planned for the Govan/Copland corner (I doubt our Board will be as fair on pricing or value for money as Rab and Alice, at a time when the support need and appreciate it most).
Is the Wee Rangers Club not still open?

Always wanted a Rangers pub in Union st Glasgow called "THE UNION" with big (shatterproof) stained glass Union flag windows either side,failing that "QUEEN ST",LOL!, seriously though Robert,there are a few of empty pub units next to tam Shepard's,been unoccupied for a few years.

Rutherglen ?
the old Cathkin inn premises looks shut down, I know it’s just around from the quarry bar but would be ideal spot?

The idea of having a Rangers bar in London sounds good.
Been partly tried before with Cock Tavern. Wouldn’t be trade 7 days a week in sufficient numbers. Bars in London struggling since pandemic as well and costs huge down here.
London well served with bars turned bears for the games at the moment

The unwashed fans also have lots of options in city centre and big venues, we have nothing like that, even Oswalds is tight inside ,we really could be doing with a large rangers sports bar in city centre make a section of the town our spot, like they have with the candleriggs/Merchant city

The reason I like Tenerife is that you do have all-year-round trade, but you would need to run it with food and entertainment outside of football matches.
If the pub is big enough and done to a decent standard, I think it would have every chance of being successful
A lot of competition there for sure. Bluebell in Los Cristianos is a brilliant Rangers pub and the Ibrox Bar in Las Americas exceptionally well run and mobbed on match days. There is also the Union Bar in Las Americas another very good Rangers bar. You are right about running the bar with at least day time food and night time entertainment but that comes at a cost. Lots of rules and regulations these days but I’m sure you will cope with them (oh the stress). Good luck.

It surprises me that Club 1872 who favour Fan Ownership have never invested, in what you have proven to be, an appreciated and profitable, business venture. Profits in the main, could buy further shares, to pursue their objective.
Or would losses detract from their mission?

Always wanted a Rangers pub in Union st Glasgow called "THE UNION" with big (shatterproof) stained glass Union flag windows either side,failing that "QUEEN ST",LOL!, seriously though Robert,there are a few of empty pub units next to tam Shepard's,been unoccupied for a few years.
Queen Sreet is a ghost town for pubs

A lot of competition there for sure. Bluebell in Los Cristianos is a brilliant Rangers pub and the Ibrox Bar in Las Americas exceptionally well run and mobbed on match days. There is also the Union Bar in Las Americas another very good Rangers bar. You are right about running the bar with at least day time food and night time entertainment but that comes at a cost. Lots of rules and regulations these days but I’m sure you will cope with them (oh the stress). Good luck.
Spanish Reguations are nuts

Back