The Louden: Hearts V Rangers

Robert Marshall

The Louden will be open at 11am on Saturday for the live screening of Hearts v Rangers, kick off 12 noon.
The Louden is easily accessible from the City Centre and West End via the underground system and is directly opposite the Ibrox Subway Station.
As usual we will have our free Rolls and pies.
As an added bonus it would appear we are going to have a nice warm day with lots of sunshine which will allow our Beer Garden to be fully utilised.
( remember the sunscreen )

Last edited:
Hello Robert, have you ever owned or considered owning a Rangers pub abroad ?
A year after we took over The Louden in Duke Street, I wanted to open a Pub on International Drive in Florida. My kids were at the wrong age, so never happened despite doing all the prep work and Business Plan.
Never considered anywhere else, for various reasons.

Rangers pubs for Rangers fans, will this ever catch on. You would think some would prefer Rangers fans went to pubs where Rangers fans are accepted, rather than pubs who welcome you openly for being a Rangers fan with a Rangers fan theme. Right outside the stadium as well.

Not any on this thread by the way, but i have seen some of the nonsense on other louden threads.

We used to go in to the stadium bar, and when the barmaid turned to put our money in the till, you could see her swinging joiner through the back of her see through white blouse that she had turned around so that it looked like a chain was all she had on from the front. She actually had a laugh with us when we pointed it out to her.

Told her we didn't mind, but thought it was funny. The barman at that time was a kinda slim guy with a goatee type board. Hated the fact we gave them our money at the time, but wanted a dram within the vicinity around the stadium. Now some, seem to have a go at totally different owners and bar staff who don't feel the need to hide any religious connotations they have. Strange.

(And, i do know some are on the wind up with Rab, but others amuse me with their views.).

A year after we took over The Louden in Duke Street, I wanted to open a Pub on International Drive in Florida. My kids were at the wrong age, so never happened despite doing all the prep work and Business Plan.

You should open a pub in Derry and Londonderry

The Louden will be open at 11am on Saturday for the live screening of Hearts v Rangers, kick off 12 noon.
The Louden is easily accessible from the City Centre and West End via the underground system and is directly opposite the Ibrox Subway Station.
As an added bonus it would appear we are going to have a nice warm day with lots of sunshine which will allow our Beer Garden to be fully utilised.

Baz Luhrmann over here.

That could work.

Free rolls and pies and in good company with nice weather and Rangers smashing Hearts at Tynecastle again. Sounds like a great day:))

Any free sirloin steak for this game;)

Sorry, just seen this. No we are not, but it was roasting out there today:)
Cheers anyway. You should have Trisha on stand by when the sun comes oot. Currently trying to sweet talk the missus into going over to The Louden for the game. She's not having it......... Yet!

Rangers pubs for Rangers fans, will this ever catch on. You would think some would prefer Rangers fans went to pubs where Rangers fans are accepted, rather than pubs who welcome you openly for being a Rangers fan with a Rangers fan theme. Right outside the stadium as well.

Not any on this thread by the way, but i have seen some of the nonsense on other louden threads.

We used to go in to the stadium bar, and when the barmaid turned to put our money in the till, you could see her swinging joiner through the back of her see through white blouse that she had turned around so that it looked like a chain was all she had on from the front. She actually had a laugh with us when we pointed it out to her.

Told her we didn't mind, but thought it was funny. The barman at that time was a kinda slim guy with a goatee type board. Hated the fact we gave them our money at the time, but wanted a dram within the vicinity around the stadium. Now some, seem to have a go at totally different owners and bar staff who don't feel the need to hide any religious connotations they have. Strange.

(And, i do know some are on the wind up with Rab, but others amuse me with their views.).

You must be gutted Ferry Inn is shut down

Back