The Louden: Ibrox Stadium Rangers V St Joseph's

Robert Marshall

The Louden will be open at 3pm on Thursday for the Europa League first round second leg tie.
We are easily accessible from the City Centre and the West End via the underground system and are situated directly opposite The Ibrox Subway Station.
We will have our customary free pies and cheese and ham rolls.
We are a strictly 18 and over premises and anyone who are fortunate to look under 25 will need Government issued I.D.

had a great time in the louden pre-match on Sunday, great pub, and well done Sir on your selection of bar staff, a couple of wee hunnies behind the bar : )

The Louden will be open at 3pm on Thursday for the Europa League first round second leg tie.
We are easily accessible from the City Centre and the West End via the underground system and are situated directly opposite The Ibrox Subway Station.
We will have our customary free pies and cheese and ham rolls.
We are a strictly 18 and over premises and anyone who are fortunate to look under 25 will need Government issued I.D.
Curiosity why do u need to look 25 to be able to drink in a pub that serves 18 yr olds?

You don’t. You need to provide ID if the seller thinks you look under 25. It’s a policy to make the seller feel less awkward about asking for ID and therefore more inclined to challenge folk.
So if the seller thinks u look at least 22 and old enough to drink he should still ask for I'd as u look under 25?
To me that's pointless and I realise this isn't just louden policy.

So if the seller thinks u look at least 22 and old enough to drink he should still ask for I'd as u look under 25?

Yep it's ridiculous government policy. I have been refused before with the person in Asda saying "I know you are over 18 but as you look under 25 I can't serve you."

For the record I was nearly 30

The whole point of the challenge 25 policy is to minimise risk.

If someone looks over 25 then it is highly unlikely (not impossible) that they are under the age of 18.

If someone claims they are 22 then it is within the proprietor’s best interest to ask for ID as the physical appearance of someone 18-22 wouldn’t be much different. Especially an older looking 18 year old, younger looking 22 year old etc

It’s not a full proof model but it helps to minimise the risk of allowing underage drinkers on the premises.

It’s not pointless, it makes perfect sense.

I’m sure there’s many people claiming they are 22 in the bar and they might well look 22 but won’t have ID to back it up.

I went to school with a guy who looked about 20 odd in third year.

Yep it's ridiculous government policy. I have been refused before with the person in Asda saying "I know you are over 18 but as you look under 25 I can't serve you."

It's not government policy though.
It's a directive by the licensing trade to deter underage drinkers.
The licensee and the server are both liable for prosecution if they serve alcohol to minors. This system is a buffer zone for them.
Anyone who is of age now has the necessary proof of age and is quite happy to provide it, with no embarrassment or hissyfitting.
It's a great scheme.

If you can tell the difference between every 17 year old and 22 year old then hats off.
It protects his business and protects his personal license

It's not government policy though.
It's a directive by the licensing trade to deter underage drinkers.
The licensee and the server are both liable for prosecution if they serve alcohol to minors. This system is a buffer zone for them.
Anyone who is of age now has the necessary proof of age and is quite happy to provide it, with no embarrassment or hissyfitting.
It's a great scheme.
Anyone who is 18 will have ID, so not really a problem

I don’t think it’s pointless. Some 16/17 year olds may look a bit older, but there won’t be many who look nearly 10 years older.

Anyone who is 18 will have ID, so not really a problem

I lost my driving license and haven’t bothered my ards sending for a new one. And wasn’t bringing my passport. Bouncer let me in though. For the record Im 28 next week. I would have been gutted if I didn’t get in tho

I think that is someone who doesn't understand the policy.

As I understand it the idea is to challenge people who look under 25. They don't have to actually prove they are 25, just that they are of a legal age.

As Robert says, if someone is of a legal age then they will be able to prove it, and are probably prepared to do so because of the number of times they have been challenged.

I got knocked back from a pub in NZ because I had no ID with me, and I was 60. The same thing happened at the famous Atomic Lounge in Vegas where I was celebrating my 65th had to come back the following day with my passport.:))

Great pub, excellent service , brilliant atmosphere

We are lucky to have a pub like this, im sure any football fan (outside Scotland) would be very impressed.

I'm sure every pub and supermarket goes by this policy. Never understood it either actually.

It’s surely just advertising to avoid 18 year olds getting aggro when asked for ID. And, more particularly under-18 year olds.

No one is seriously IDing a 24 year old (unless they look really young). But when the 18 year old is challenged then they can’t go mental about “do i no look 18?” when staff can easily say they don’t look 25 without upsetting their ego.

It’s just done to make staff’s life easier.

In the states it's if you look under 30. I got challenged in the supermarket for a 6 pack. I was 46.

When I buy alcohol via the self service and the assistant keys in "clearly over 25" I have to look away in annoyance at the presumption. I'm 57.

See you tomorrow with an Italian friend who frequented the pub for the first time on Sunday. He's asked me to sort him a ticket again tomorrow and wants to go back to see the inside of the bar this time

The Louden threads always increase my desire to get back up the road for a game and a pre/post match drink amongst friends

Back