The Louden: Rangers V Kilmarnock

Not everyone likes The Louden ( for whatever reason } but as long as the fans that come in do. the critics on here are of no relevance
Were the West Ham fans taking up spaces that Rangers fans could've had?
Think that's a bit harsh saying folk who criticise on here or no revelance. As this is a forum and it's all about opinions

Come across you can't take any sort of criticism and arrogant as it comes across as I don't care what you say as I know I'll get punters in ( which is mainly cause of the location your in)

Personally i don't mind the louden but the way you come across on here at times would make me want to go else where

Last edited:
Think that's a bit harsh saying folk who criticise on here or no revelance. As this is a forum and it's all about opinions

Come across you can't take any sort of criticism and arrogant I don't care what you say as I know I'll get punters in ( which is mainly cause of the location your in)

Personally i don't mind the louden but the way you come across on here at times would make me want to go else where
You know the reply thats gonna come ur way dont you, its in ur second paragraph B-D

The Louden will be open from 11 am tomorrow for the SPFL fixture against Kilmarnock with a 3 pm Kick Off
The Louden is easily accessible from the City Centre and West End via the underground system and is situated directly across from the Ibrox Subway Station.
The Louden is an 18 and over Venue and we adhere to the Challenge 25 Policy. Government issued I.D, will be needed if you happen to look under 25
As customary we will have our usual Free Food, Ham and Cheese Rolls ( with Lurpak Butter, no less ) Pies and Hot Dogs
You do know that Graham’s Butter is just as good, it’s 100% Scottish and the workforce are predominately Bluenoses.

Use it or loose it.

You do know that Graham’s Butter is just as good, it’s 100% Scottish and the workforce are predominately Bluenoses.

Use it or loose it.

Graham’s are a bunch of absolute cowboys. Only interested in supplying the supermarkets nowadays and couldn’t care less about the smaller businesses who have bought from them for years. It used to cost me 25p more per milk ( wholesale price )than it was to buy it from supermarket

These posts always baffle me, because everyone knows it’ll be open.

I’m also pretty sure that attitude and arrogance disappeared during the lockdown and was replaced with the “poor me, poor me” rhetoric.
There was never a ' poor me ' during the lockdown. We did a great deal of work in the Pub during the months we were closed

Come across you can't take any sort of criticism and arrogant as it comes across as I don't care what you say as I know I'll get punters in ( which is mainly cause of the location your in)

It is about opinions and my opinion is I have no interest in what anyone thinks unless they drink in the Louden

Of course he can't take any criticism. He "runs" a Quintessential Rangers pub.

It's not a pub that myself or friends like. I neither care what he or people think. It's not a pub that we would frequent. Each to their own I suppose.

Of course he can't take any criticism. He "runs" a Quintessential Rangers pub.

It's not a pub that myself or friends like. I neither care what he or people think. It's not a pub that we would frequent. Each to their own I suppose.
Exactly, a man after my own heart

Well if they have never drunk in The Louden, why would I listen to their opinion about The Louden
There will be a lot of guys on here who have never had a drink in the louden but may well think twice if the fancy a pint in the future due to you not caring about future clientele.

Why do Rangers fans seem to have an issue with a pub that is obviously a Rangers pub? That’s what I never understand about these Louden replies at times.

Screws the nut for the troops on Armed Forces day, other than the odd bam or lassie who thinks her twitter count is her personality cant say ive had a bad experience in the place. Usually drink in ex servicemans club though so experiences may differ.

Sometimes i ask the same question,atmosphere in the Louden is always great
I’ve only been in a few times but I can’t agree more. I just don’t get it. I could understand if they slandered or down beat another Rangers pub, but they don’t. They never seem to just ban people, and they seem to want to feed people for free, yes it will keep folk in pub when free food, but not many pubs do that, especially when they are the busiest pub in Scotland on game days, they don’t need to give free food, or free anything. No matter how busy bar has been when I’ve been there, the staff still smile.

What is wrong in all that? I’m scunnered about it all. But I do have to say, a Louden thread can get interesting :D

Why do Rangers fans seem to have an issue with a pub that is obviously a Rangers pub? That’s what I never understand about these Louden replies at times.

Fucking mental if you ask me. If I owned that pub I’d be advertising/mentioning it like a mad man no matter the volume it takes in. It houses the Rangers support, you never get a bad experience and the drink is a hell of a lot better than some expensive establishments across the country.

I bought a boy in the airport at Barcelona en route to Seville a pint who I hand never met in my life. I met him in Santa Cruz, Sevilla out the blue and he bought me a pint.

A clip on the back of the head this afternoon and here was the guy, pint in hand. He bought us all a pint. Clocked us from a distance and wanted to pay his respects.

You don’t get that anywhere else!

One thing that’s never said negatively is the quality of pint/speed of service or cleanliness (remember how barking the stadium bar was)

3 of some of the main things that make a good pub tbh

There was never a ' poor me ' during the lockdown. We did a great deal of work in the Pub during the months we were closed
I’m sure there was, the arrogance was definitely the diluted variety that’s for sure and it was Asda low fat spread you were using!
I don’t go in your pub, and it’s not because I don’t like it, it’s all down to your attitude on here! If it wasn’t for the location you wouldn’t spout half the stuff you do on here!

One thing that’s never said negatively is the quality of pint/speed of service or cleanliness (remember how barking the stadium bar was)

3 of some of the main things that make a good pub tbh

You see the staff in the backroom working away, the glasses are spotless. The pints are good and the service is on tee - younger lassies working away to serve the punters, drink after drink. It’s a clean pub, the bar is constantly wiped down and the toilets are clean given the volume.

My only complaint. I’d love a different party tape!

You see the staff in the backroom working away, the glasses are spotless. The pints are good and the service is on tee - younger lassies working away to serve the punters, drink after drink. It’s a clean pub, the bar is constantly wiped down and the toilets are clean given the volume.

Only issue I’ve ever had is the glass collectors are a bit too eager and I’ve had my drink swiped a few times before even finished.

That Staropramen is a cracking pint. Shame it only seems to be the big bittles for two quid you can buy in supermarkets would stock up in cases

Always enjoy reading these threads, usually a laugh with back and forth slagging.

But I don’t get the criticism of the pub tbh

It’s a Rangers boozer
It’s clean, well decored and maintained
Very quick service despite it being rammed
Outdoor area well covered

Not sure what else a bear wants from a boozer pre match?

Looking forward to going in pre match on Tuesday with my mates for a few

See this doesn't add up to me. You offer a service your not just a standard punter so you really should listen to folk.
But once again you just show your arrogance
I listen to every single customer who has a suggestion to make and have tweaked a couple of things on their opinion.
I think you are mixing up arrogance with an inner self-belief that you require to run a Venue like the Louden
The proof is on nearly every thread about the Louden where people with no experience of running a pub or any other business are telling me what I do wrong. I think you will struggle to talk to anyone who frequents The Louden who thinks I am arrogant or aloof towards any of them.
The detractors on here have a problem with me, fair enough, but I have never worried about people's opinion of me, but there is no chance they can have a problem with the way The Louden is operated
I have always tried to help any Rangers fan in anyway I can and there are quite a few on here that would vouch for that

It's difficult to vary the songs as we are open for nine hours and it gets quite repetitive. Was speaking to a couple of lads last night about it

Back