The Louden: Rangers V Kilmarnock

Always enjoy reading these threads, usually a laugh with back and forth slagging.

But I don’t get the criticism of the pub tbh

It’s a Rangers boozer
It’s clean, well decored and maintained
Very quick service despite it being rammed
Outdoor area well covered

Not sure what else a bear wants from a boozer pre match?

Looking forward to going in pre match on Tuesday with my mates for a few
I think it is a Scottish trait

Some guy came out the pub with a Staropramen pint glass, took one last swig and left it on the pavement just before you turn up towards the stadium.

What a prick.

Think that's a bit harsh saying folk who criticise on here or no revelance. As this is a forum and it's all about opinions

Come across you can't take any sort of criticism and arrogant as it comes across as I don't care what you say as I know I'll get punters in ( which is mainly cause of the location your in)

Personally i don't mind the louden but the way you come across on here at times would make me want to go else where
The Location is fantastic and that's why I chased the Pub for 25 years.
Here is a wee question for you, why did it go bust previously?
Is it maybe because it was disgustingly filthy or the fact the pipes were so dirty, you couldn't see through them, or was it the plastic tumblers that were scratched so much that it looked like a design and you had to hold on to it as you couldn't get another one ( no idea why people would want another pint )
or was it they only had a couple of fridges and the bottles were never cold?
or maybe the fact they had no stock or even the lack of products?
Here is an even better question, Why didn't one of the big boys buy it if it was that easy?
I'm sure the experts on here will be able to provide the answers

Had another good pre match and post match drink in Louden. What can you say? Great atmosphere quick service free grub and most important a good Rangers pub. A cant understand the grief R Marsball gets. If you dont like him ot his pub dont use it but a dont think he will loose it with all the punters who frequent it on match days.

Is it maybe because it was disgustingly filthy or the fact the pipes were so dirty, you couldn't see through them, or was it the plastic tumblers that were scratched so much that it looked like a design and you had to hold on to it as you couldn't get another one ( no idea why people would want another pint )
Here is an even better question, Why didn't one of the big boys buy it if it was that easy?
For someone that’s thick skinned supposedly you defo aren’t

I mind going into the old stadium bar once before a European night, don’t even think I was 18 tbh.

All I recall was the pint glasses being collected and fired across the bar. No dishwasher cleaning, the bar staff just dooked them into a sink filled with cloudy water, rinsed them a couple of times and poured a pint into them.

Couldn’t believe my eyes.

Because like you they would realise there is no point opening during the week unless the football was on.

Again back to my original post…..if the pub is so fantastic which I’m sure it is going by your proclamations and positive reviews from customers on here, why do you have to start a post that it’s open for every game and invite all the confrontations with posters on Follow Follow?
I personally think it’s because your ego is out of control and you absolutely revel in blowing your own trumpet!

Of course he can't take any criticism. He "runs" a Quintessential Rangers pub.

It's not a pub that myself or friends like. I neither care what he or people think. It's not a pub that we would frequent. Each to their own I suppose.

Yet here you are not caring enough.

Again back to my original post…..if the pub is so fantastic which I’m sure it is going by your proclamations and positive reviews from customers on here, why do you have to start a post that it’s open for every game and invite all the confrontations with posters on Follow Follow?
I personally think it’s because your ego is out of control and you absolutely revel in blowing your own trumpet!

You mean: "Pub proprietor bums up his livelihood" shock?

Always enjoy reading these threads, usually a laugh with back and forth slagging.

It’s a Rangers boozer

it's not the pub mate.

Maybe he likes winding folk like you up. TBF, you do like to gulp down on his bait like his punters gulp down his Lurparked spreaded rolls :cool:

It’s a Rangers boozer

It's the old Scottish grudge for anybody who does well, provides a good service and isn't particularly shy about it.

If the place went back to the "standards" of the Stadium Bar but run by a 'couldn't give a %^*&' absentee landlord, the same guys would be on carping about it being a shit pub with a couldn't care less absentee landlord.

If they don't like it and would never visit it why go to the trouble of greetin like big tarts about it on here?

I'm sure all their whining makes not a jot of difference to the many punters who obviously consider it a big part of their match day experience.
Lol

Pub proprietor bums up his super sensational pub every single week on the same forum but in reality it doesn’t need bummed up (apparently) because it’s so super sensational!

You do understand the concept of advertising, mate? Lol

Tbf it sounds like you like to “gulp down” something special yourself and it’s not Lurpak! :eek::eek:

My, my, you’re so sensitive that you get wound up by someone (me) winding you up about someone else (Robert) winding you up :) :)

P.S. I included information in the brackets just in case you struggled to comprehend my post :)

Was it genuinely that bad? Thankfully (by the sounds of it) I was never in it back then.

I must be missing something.
It’s a Pub.
Some folks like it, some don’t.
It’s not a condition of your season ticket that you have to drink in the Louden.

From what I can see it’s a Rangers pub offering a clean comfortable environment, good service , free food and a selection of beer at a reasonable price.
Go in if you want or don’t if you prefer not to.

Are other issues at play?

My, my, you’re so sensitive that you get wound up by someone (me) winding you up about someone else (Robert) winding you up :) :)

P.S. I included information in the brackets just in case you struggled to comprehend my post :)
Haha……get the grill on hen, I’ve got a bite!!!! :D:D

Words can't describe it. I was in it once and it was truly disgusting. The worst pint ever, in a dirty glass which I couldn't drink, and you stuck to the carpet with dirt.
Yip youve summed it up perfectly i vividly remember feet sticking to carpet,one of the only places ive left nearly a full pint after a sip was rank rotten.

Words can't describe it. I was in it once and it was truly disgusting. The worst pint ever, in a dirty glass which I couldn't drink, and you stuck to the carpet with dirt.

This is how I remember it. A complete dive with totally disinterested staff working in it.

This is the second time you've replied to this post I've clearly touched a nerve

I mind going into the old stadium bar once before a European night, don’t even think I was 18 tbh.

All I recall was the pint glasses being collected and fired across the bar. No dishwasher cleaning, the bar staff just dooked them into a sink filled with cloudy water, rinsed them a couple of times and poured a pint into them.

Couldn’t believe my eyes.
It was a real dive, same at the broomloan end(albion?) Our bus parked around the side and everyone piled in

@Robert Marshall Are there any further plans to extend The Louden? No surprises with its location it's always going to be packed on matchdays and security having to tell people to wait for some to leave before others can get in. Could a second tier be done or extended further out the back?

Great day yesterday, great fast service, simply the best. great boozer. your staff is top notch. hope everyone supports the rangers bars/ businesses as much as possible at home or on holiday. we are the people.

@Robert Marshall Are there any further plans to extend The Louden? No surprises with its location it's always going to be packed on matchdays and security having to tell people to wait for some to leave before others can get in. Could a second tier be done or extended further out the back?
We have plans to add on toilets and a bar in the beer garden, not sure if it will be acceptable to planning. Architect will draw plans up this month

I passed by on the way to the game and there was a female steward at the door by f**k she looked rough. Don't think many would mess with her.

Fucking mental if you ask me. If I owned that pub I’d be advertising/mentioning it like a mad man no matter the volume it takes in. It houses the Rangers support, you never get a bad experience and the drink is a hell of a lot better than some expensive establishments across the country.

I bought a boy in the airport at Barcelona en route to Seville a pint who I hand never met in my life. I met him in Santa Cruz, Sevilla out the blue and he bought me a pint.

A clip on the back of the head this afternoon and here was the guy, pint in hand. He bought us all a pint. Clocked us from a distance and wanted to pay his respects.

You don’t get that anywhere else!
Among other things, my job is to promote The Louden, and thanks to everyone who posts on our threads that is exactly what I do

All I can say is thank %^*& so many people claim they don't like it. I am in every game and the only complaint is it is too busy haha.

Cant actually fit any more people in so please stay away!

Don’t drink in the Louden often (busy pubs I’m not keen on, and waiting to get in is a pain in the arse) but anytime I’ve been in it’s been a great experience. Lovely staff, quick service and nice pints. Post Red Star in particular was amazing.

Also seen Robert go out his way to help other bears, and that’s before you get into the pensioners nights or all the other lengths he/the pub goes to.

Back