The Louden Tavern Beer Garden

By the way, no-one has mentioned this ...........................is it Draught Beer as well as bottled beers.

Reason for asking, our Bowling Club is opening up on the 17th and they were only going to sell bottled beer which was shouted down, gagen for a pint ..........................

The 12th is never celebrated on the 12th when it falls on a Sunday.

The 13th July is when the parades would have been this year and is the official twelfth bank holiday.

Yeah I do know this, but the parade isn't going ahead so nothing stopping anyone celebrating on the Sunday rather than a Monday.

Are the louden charging £5 to enter?

£5 to enter but you get a drink and a raffle ticket I think I seen above.

I presume the reason here is to ensure attendance. Would be horrible if people booked a party of 8 and never turned up meaning other people get turned away. Makes sense that only people who are genuinely going will book a place

£5 to enter but you get a drink and a raffle ticket I think I seen above.

I presume the reason here is to ensure attendance. Would be horrible if people booked a party of 8 and never turned up meaning other people get turned away. Makes sense that only people who are genuinely going will book a place
Fake news!

Pretty sure the tickets will put a limit on entry, paying £5 means you prob won't order them unless your going and your getting a drink.
Different circumstances to novo imo.
We are heading down on Sunday.

Big Rab gave wee Novo dogs abuse for charging entry fee for Old Firm games that was a pint with a pie at HT
Change days eh Rab ;)
Changed circumstances mate with COVID I had to pay a deposit of £40 for a table of 6 at a beer garden in town so £5 a head is reasonable.

The reason for the £5 entry is so that everyone who has a ticket can get in if there was tickets and no fee, lots of people;e would possibly not turn up and deprive people of a place.
If we done a first come first served there would be a lot of people who would not get entry and have a wasted journey and that is not something I would like to do
The £5 includes the first drink, that could be a Grey Goose and coke or a Pint of Staropramen plus you get a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize worth about £250.
These are not ordinary times and we normally wouldn't charge for entry but I think this way is the fairest of them all and for anyone trying to compare it to charging a fee to watch an old firm game is. quite frankly ridiculous.
But as always, no one is forcing you to come to The Louden.
We appreciate the fans that do.

The reason for the £5 entry is so that everyone who has a ticket can get in if there was tickets and no fee, lots of people;e would possibly not turn up and deprive people of a place.
If we done a first come first served there would be a lot of people who would not get entry and have a wasted journey and that is not something I would like to do
The £5 includes the first drink, that could be a Grey Goose and coke or a Pint of Staropramen plus you get a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize worth about £250.
These are not ordinary times and we normally wouldn't charge for entry but I think this way is the fairest of them all and for anyone trying to compare it to charging a fee to watch an old firm game is. quite frankly ridiculous.
Well said big chap.

There's really no need to explain it, anyone who cant see this is a moron or just looking for an argument, or both.

Well said RM

Love the Louden, been in many a time. If my situation was different I'd gladly pay for entry knowing I'd get a drink with limited waiting. A few times I've even had 3 pies!

Don't explain yourself to they trolls who have never even been in your pub and don't understand the product you have built that all is who frequent your great establishment appreciate WATP

Fuck up mate. It's not remotely the same scenario.
Personally I feel if you feel the need to try and give this fit and his pub shit
Greatest club in the world with the greatest fans in the world have the greatest pub in the world thanks to you WATP

If people don't want to pay a Lady Godiva to get entry then its simple.....

Don't Pay It and be miserable James Hunt's in the house and let other Bears get a seat instead ffs.

Rips ma knitting.

Anyone who actually needed an explanation on this is either as thick as %^*&, or a shit stirrer.

12th sold out, looking for 3 tickets if anyone changes their plans. Belfast flights been changed and not going now. Will be my first 12th in Scotland since 1988

Greg - whilst I know it’s the family business it doesn’t sit right with me that you fight the louden corner under your ‘official’ moniker.

Greg - whilst I know it’s the family business it doesn’t sit right with me that you fight the louden corner under your ‘official’ moniker.

Just to be clear. I shouldn’t use my own name to comment (not advertise) on a thread on FF on a Saturday night? Can you confirm your reasons for thinking this as maybe I’m missing something.

I think if people believe that it’s their choice but it’s not something I agree with or tbh are concerned about. My FF account doesn’t belong to the club.

Last edited:
The hate and jealousy for Rab and the Louden is ripping from a few.Folk complaining about a fiver entry when it really isn’t as you would pay about 4 quid for pint in when you enter in the first place.

Back