The Louden Tavern Beer Garden

Just to be clear. I shouldn’t use my own name to comment (not advertise) on a thread on FF on a Saturday night? Can you confirm your reasons for thinking this as maybe I’m missing something.

I think if people believe that it’s their choice but it’s not something I agree with or tbh are concerned about. My FF account doesn’t belong to the club.
When you post official club business via then by defacto it appears as such.

You are not daft, you know that using the same account provides an allure of officialdom to your posts and it is wrong to use it in an endevour that profits to your family.

Nothing wrong with you posting support for your fathers pub but it shouldnt be from the same account you use on the forum for club business.

You are not daft, you know that using the same account provides an allure of officialdom to your posts and it is wrong to use it in an endevour that profits to your family.

Nothing wrong with you posting support for your fathers pub but it ahouldnt be from the same account you use on the forum for club business.
I think the more sensible among us can see the reasoning behind the method that is being used to gain entry to the pub given the current circumstances we live in.

As always things are down to personal choice.

Nothing wrong with you posting support for your fathers pub but it shouldnt be from the same account you use on the forum for club business.

I fundamentally disagree. I appreciate on club matters everyone will take what I reply to with a degree of authority given my position which is why I tend to choose my comments carefully. But if I was posting on a Messi and Ronaldo thread there would be no connection with the club and my opinion there. Commenting on my opinion on the pub is something that I reserve the right to do and will do so again in the future. It’s my family business and the club knew that when I was hired so I don’t think anyone at the club has an issue that I have an interest in it.

If you dont want to pay a fiver dont go simple!
Why do people alway have a go on here about a good Rangers pub for Rangers fans this place is nuts on certain subjects.Good luck next week with opening The Louden again.

I would never pay an entrance fee to get in a pub but this is entirely different. I fully understand why this is happening.
Is it not normally £4 a pint anyway, so you are getting a pint and £1 raffle for your fiver. What’s the problem? Also let’s the Louden keep tabs on numbers.
If I was more local I’d definitely be up for this.

nothing brings out the sweetie wife’s like a louden thread.

I fundamentally disagree. I appreciate on club matters everyone will take what I reply to with a degree of authority given my position which is why I tend to choose my comments carefully. But if I was posting on a Messi and Ronaldo thread there would be no connection with the club and my opinion there. Commenting on my opinion on the pub is something that I reserve the right to do and will do so again in the future. It’s my family business and the club knew that when I was hired so I don’t think anyone at the club has an issue that I have an interest in it.

Fair enough, will agree to disagree

nothing brings out the sweetie wife’s like a louden thread.
You are aware I havent commented on the pub just the club paid SLO using the same account to comment on a matter that has nothing to do with the club but profits his family.

If you think that is entirely appropriate and that makes me a sweetie wife then so be it.

You are aware I havent commented on the pub just the club paid SLO using the same account to comment on a matter that has bothing to do with the club but profits his family.

If you think that is entirely appropriate and that makes me a sweetie wife then so be it.

And there is the crux of the matter. My core role doesn’t include FF - I do it because I believe being available and approachable on various platforms is helpful. But in context I made a comment on a Saturday night at 9pm. Do you really think anyone will be fooled into thinking that’s something to do with my role at the club?

When I comment on my own Facebook page that my niece and nephew are the best kids in the world do you think anyone confuses that for a club opinion?

I think people are smart enough to know the difference.

And there is the crux of the matter. My core role doesn’t include FF - I do it because I believe being available and approachable on various platforms is helpful. But in context I made a comment on a Saturday night at 9pm. Do you really think anyone will be fooled into thinking that’s something to do with my role at the club?

When I comment on my own Facebook page that my niece and nephew are the best kids in the world do you think anyone confuses that for a club opinion?

I think people are smart enough to know the difference.

I thought it was fairly clear that was the crux of my post.

I dont know, is your facebook open to the public and do you post official club business or respond to enquiries by supporters on there? Joking response but if you dont understand the need for an official/personal split then I really am confused.

Got to say your supporter liaison skills are superb

Last edited:
I dont know, is your facebook open to the public and do you post official club business or respond to enquiries by supporters on there?

Got to say your supporter liaison skills are superb

Fans contact me on my Facebook page yeah.

Rangers is my life as it is with tens of thousands of fans. The job vs supporter line isn’t the clearest as there is so much overlap but if I left the club tomorrow this account on here would still be my own.

Clearly we do have to agree to disagree

Just to be clear. I shouldn’t use my own name to comment (not advertise) on a thread on FF on a Saturday night? Can you confirm your reasons for thinking this as maybe I’m missing something.

I think if people believe that it’s their choice but it’s not something I agree with or tbh are concerned about. My FF account doesn’t belong to the club.
Your avatar could cause confusion though.

You are aware I havent commented on the pub just the club paid SLO using the same account to comment on a matter that has nothing to do with the club but profits his family.

What is the problem in our slo promoting a great rangers bar anyway? Regardless of whos family is profiting?

TommyV has covered pretty much anything I was going to say, I’ll explain in greater detail the next time we have a chat in and around the stadium or the pub.

I've seen a few people ask for a list of fan-owned businesses for our supporters to support and also for our club to employ our own.

Rab has given his own tickets to Ibrox away to a guy who couldn't get them/afford it, gave free tickets to a speakers event for an old boy, opened the pub on a non-opening day for some to see round it, donated to raffles for Erskine, hosted memorabilia days for supporters to see old items they may not necessarily see.

Yet time and time again Rab, the Louden and Greg take stick from greetin b.stards from the Sand in V.gina Loyal....geez peace

Love the good old Louden threads lol, been boring on here during lockdown lol

WATP

Its been a real tough time for people, individuals, families and businesses so its great to finally see hopefully the start of a return like something resembling normality with the reopening..

All the best to the Louden and all who will gather together there.

Your never going to please everyone, you'll still get the kn**s posting "is that the clubs official view as well" when you post something, even thought they know its not, bet they go to bed angry :)

Am sure everything will go well on Saturday.
Very fair on your way of thinking towards the 5 pd ticket.

Bit off the topic but with tickets being sold out can anyone recommend any other Glasgow pubs with decent beer gardens for Saturday the 11th

If you want to drink in a Tim shop near your residence then dae so.

You cannae have a crowd converging on the Loudon as its not viable in this current climate.

Some folk want a drink and paying for a pint and a raffle thus getting into the pub is the way to go.

I won't buy a ticket if I'm going in for a soda water and lime which I can have in the house. But a draught lager in a RANGERS pub which we can guarantee nae slops then that'll do for the majority.

It's there if ye want it, if you don't then nae argument.

There is only one bar he promotes.

What age are you?

It’s no fair he promotes his family pub but no any other pubs. You’re not serious?

He’s stated it’s his personal account on here. If he posted as a normal guy, folk would moan he didn’t use the account to communicate some important info.

He can’t win either way

I hope things go well on the opening, I won’t be there as hope I’m off on holiday but it’s good to see it well supported. After a really difficult period it’s great to see things opening up again.

best of luck Robert.

All the best Rab you've done great on this and best wishes to all involved.

As for the posters having a pop. Get a grip.
Joys
All the best Rab you've done great on this and best wishes to all involved.

As for the posters having a pop. Get a grip.
Either jealous arseholes mate or not proud to celebrate our culture at this time of year.

What he is doing is getting Bears and Bearettes who want to go for a SAFE drink in SAFE surroundings and having a chat with fellow fans at a SAFE distance following the Loudons protocol to have a great time out.

Well Done Robert, Greg and all your Staff.

What he is doing is getting Bears and Bearettes who want to go for a SAFE drink in SAFE surroundings and having a chat with fellow fans at a SAFE distance following the Loudons protocol to have a great time out.

Well Done Robert, Greg and all your Staff.

No one will be social distancing when half canned. That's not just aimed at the louden that's every pub up and down the country. Only have to look how its went down south over the weekend. It's never working.

100% correct mate
No one will be social distancing when half canned. That's not just aimed at the louden that's every pub up and down the country. Only have to look how its went down south over the weekend. It's never working.
Really?was in pub all day yesterday east anglia had a few pints no problem everyone doing there bit to ensure all ok whats your problem with the louden?i dont know the owners but you seem very anti is it personal?
I would rather come up to games surronded by my own than mentally challengeds.

Really?was in pub all day yesterday east anglia had a few pints no problem everyone doing there bit to ensure all ok whats your problem with the louden?i dont know the owners but you seem very anti is it personal?
I would rather come up to games surronded by my own than mentally challengeds.

Where did I say I had a problem with the louden or cant you read?. I said all pubs will have the problem and that it wasnt aimed at the louden. Maybe still drunk from yesterday.

Where did I say I had a problem with the louden or cant you read?. I said all pubs will have the problem and that it wasnt aimed at the louden. Maybe still drunk from yesterday.
I can read pal you trying to undermine all pubs including the louden trying to make a go of it and get out this mess as a buisness isnt the way i expect of a fellow bear but you crack on.

Back