The Louden Tavern : Thursday

Really don't get why not being able to pay with card is such a big deal. Just go to a cash machine before you go to the pub. Hardly a big deal.

Really don't get why not being able to pay with card is such a big deal. Just go to a cash machine before you go to the pub. Hardly a big deal.
I don't think it's a big deal and it wouldn't stop me using the pub, would just prefer to have the option to pay by card.

Easy solution put a bank machine in, bar still takes cash and all the weirdos that don’t carry cash and grab twenty quid with a pint in their hand

Just something like this would help. I dont care about paying in cash but its annoying if I turn up and realise I have forgotten to lift money and now i need to wait in line for about 15/20 minutes to use that old as f*ck atm across the road that also charges me 2 quid for the pleasure. I hardly ever carry cash on me as my wallet doesnt have a space for coins and I hate coins filling up my pocket so I often do forget to lift cash for the louden as its the only place I really pay with cash these days except (some) nightclubs.

Need to go but I have listened to this suggestion about Cards and will another look further into it.
We had a quote last year and were not happy about certain aspects of it.
We did think of making them available on a matchday in the beer Garden

Do you pay Rangers the £249 RTV dues in tenners, fivers and coins or is there a more convenient way to do it? :))

I noticed you do rolls and pies would it be out the question to have a roll on pie ( does not need to be buttered)

A great pub and you give Rangers fans a great service Rab. I would struggle to live in Scotland again but I miss being able to go to the pubs and games a much as I would like.

Louden is a massive upgrade from that hovel that was the stadium bar.

I don’t go in much these days as I take my daughter so I drink up PRW where under 18s get in.

Always served fast even when busy in louden though, great wee bar

Whereabouts mate out of interest?

I don't see the problem with cash only. But there are companies who supply payment machines with no fixed contract etc.. Or how about putting a couple of cash machines in bar? Many companies supply machines with no charge to venue owner (yes, what they do is charge a quid or two per transaction and that's how they make their money. They maintain the machine plus fill it as often as possible.... If folk don't wanna bring cash they can get cash from in bar but they'll have to pay quid or two extra. Through personal business experience, a machine only takes up size of one person. If you placed 2 cash machines in bar, it just means you lose space for two people. Yeah won't have to pay for these machines. I've alot of experience in bars, extreme busy stadium bars, and most I've worked with have the same set up.....

Just something like this would help. I dont care about paying in cash but its annoying if I turn up and realise I have forgotten to lift money and now i need to wait in line for about 15/20 minutes to use that old as f*ck atm across the road that also charges me 2 quid for the pleasure. I hardly ever carry cash on me as my wallet doesnt have a space for coins and I hate coins filling up my pocket so I often do forget to lift cash for the louden as its the only place I really pay with cash these days except (some) nightclubs.
I just get cashback from the bookies next door. Not ideal but quick enough

Every thread ha ha

You must love the publicity i know i would

Ive been in The Louden on many occasions it's a superb pub, get served fast even when busy, free grub, the atmosphere is friendly and IMO much better than the Wee Rangers club (Not a dig just an observation as i use both) and most importantly for me they know when not to serve you if you've had too many (been told off before and happily left :) )

Oh and i only ever use cash when going out or to the football wouldn't leave the house without cash on a day out but always use card midweek day to day living so card machine not needed IMO

Sure to be heaving, which can only be a good thing in keeping a Rangers boozer so close by to Ibrox. I tend to go elsewhere though with just how busy the place can get. On the note of paying by card, there are a few good companies out there, try 'iZettle', easy to use and set up.

Back