The Louden Tavern

When I saw the heading I thought what's Robert upto now with the blue pound.
:cool::cool::cool:
Good to know you're recovering well.
By the way you mentioned to me about picking music for your funeral, what did you pick?

My wife and daughter work for the NHS and are working with Covid19 patients on a daily basis at the moment and the death toll in relation to surviving this virus is unprecedented. Some areas are obviously worse affected than others, here in Hampshire we have a relatively low death rate in comparison with other parts of the UK, but still, 181 poor souls to date have died here in the Southampton General, since the start of this Covid 19 outbreak.

As you say Robert, it's a very dangerous virus and it must be respected.

Like with others, I had no idea you had contracted this deadly virus and like with others, I wish you and your family good health for the remainder of this outbreak. Hopefully we'll all be back at the Louden sometime soon.

Take care and stay safe, that goes out to everyone within the Rangers family.

Glad you are on the mend big chap

many thoughts on how you might set the pub up post relaxation of the guidelines
Screens
Cashless
Distancing
Etc

the hospitality industry is on its knees and needs to be allowed to get going
When it’s safe

anyway you and the good lady take care

When I saw the heading I thought what's Robert upto now with the blue pound.
:cool::cool::cool:
Good to know you're recovering well.
By the way you mentioned to me about picking music for your funeral, what did you pick?
A few personal ones,' Endless Love'', 'The way you look tonight'. ' Have I told you Lately', You're the Best thing that ever happened to me' and the old Charlie Chaplin song 'Smile' but last two was 'Abide with Me' and the last one before I was off was ' Auld Lang Syne'
Then going out the door Blue sea of Ibrox'
You know I like my music
I would have a one hour gig and hopefully, send everyone home smiling,
A showman to the end

My wife and daughter work for the NHS and are working with Covid19 patients on a daily basis at the moment and the death toll in relation to surviving this virus is unprecedented. Some areas are obviously worse affected than others, here in Hampshire we have a relatively low death rate in comparison with other parts of the UK, but still, 181 poor souls to date have died here in the Southampton General, since the start of this Covid 19 outbreak.

As you say Robert, it's a very dangerous virus and it must be respected.

Like with others, I had no idea you had contracted this deadly virus and like with others, I wish you and your family good health for the remainder of this outbreak. Hopefully we'll all be back at the Louden sometime soon.

Take care and stay safe, that goes out to everyone within the Rangers family.
Must be heartbreaking working under these circumstances

Off my Wife, she had the flu-like symptoms, she thinks she got it off money.
I phoned the doctor beginning of March, told them I had a temperature, sore head, and a slight cough also had no smell or taste, Doctor told me it was not Covid as they did not recognise the smell and taste symptoms at that time. But I self-isolated anyway and glad I did. Going into the pub like that would have been dangerous

My theory is that it was doing the rounds in the Glasgow area away back in early February and what you said about your wife ties in with that. Glad you're well on the mend. I'm now looking forward to seeing what a fit Rab Marshall looks like. :))

Glad you are on the mend big chap

many thoughts on how you might set the pub up post relaxation of the guidelines
Screens
Cashless
Distancing
Etc

the hospitality industry is on its knees and needs to be allowed to get going
When it’s safe

anyway you and the good lady take care
No idea what they will propose, I doubt very much that a lot of pubs will open before January, although I think the Government will be under pressure to catch the Christmas market.
Would not surprise me if we lost 25% of the pubs in Glasgow before April

My theory is that it was doing the rounds in the Glasgow area away back in early February and what you said about your wife ties in with that. Glad you're well on the mend. I'm now looking forward to seeing what a fit Rab Marshall looks like. :))
After 50 years I think you are being optimistic :p

No idea what they will propose, I doubt very much that a lot of pubs will open before January, although I think the Government will be under pressure to catch the Christmas market.
Would not surprise me if we lost 25% of the pubs in Glasgow before April
Aye it’s shit

pressure from the witherspoons guy
But he has the cash to put stuff in place
Not sure the small pubs can do all that

talk of our local green king getting ready for juky
Table bookings only even for beer
Phone app ordering and payment
Drink collection points as I bar or table service

who can do all that ?

Aye it’s shit

pressure from the witherspoons guy
But he has the cash to put stuff in place
Not sure the small pubs can do all that

talk of our local green king getting ready for juky
Table bookings only even for beer
Phone app ordering and payment
Drink collection points as I bar or table service

who can do all that ?
Only the big boys, not even sure that would go down well in Glasgow

I had that virus, 5 out of six of the symptoms. Luckily being a loudmouth I had no breathing problems. It is a very dangerous Virus and people should heed the advice on it
Yes 100% this. My wife had it a month ago and is still f ucked because of it. Stay safe bears.

I had all the symptoms too due to my wife working for the NHS I got tested within 24 hours and came back negative seems it was just the flu. You more than likely had the flu and not covid.

The hospitality sector will find it harder than most to recover.
Most of the staff i presume are on the living wage or below, so this will be devastating.
The 35,000 or so deaths is terrible, however how can we measure the other side of the coin.
There are no cancers being diagnosed ,other illness s , treatments etc.
Suicide rates , depression ,divorce and the economy .There will be no tables for these people.
I really dont envy the goverment through this time,

The hospitality side such as pubs, restaurants etc give us a social side to life outwith the norm.
These will need supported when we get back to some sort of normality.
The goverment may need to give assistance on business rates, reduction on vat on hot food and duty on alcohol for a year or so.

Glad to read you are both recovering and take your time to get back to full strength. This is not something you just shake off.

On a lighter note the change didnae do you any good.
Stay Safe Bears.

The hospitality side such as pubs, restaurants etc give us a social side to life outwith the norm.
These will need supported when we get back to some sort of normality.
The goverment may need to give assistance on business rates, reduction on vat on hot food and duty on alcohol for a year or so.
The Government, in my opinion, have gone above and beyond to help businesses

I am glad you were negative but trust me you know when you have had it

Actually it is possible to get it without knowing it. Loads of people have now tested positive whilst being asymptomatic. Others can be shown to have had it and recovered and never knew, or had very mild symptoms.

That's a huge part of the problem. People are going about, happy in the "knowledge" they do not have it whilst they actually do and are infecting others. Unfortunately those people may then get sever
e symptoms like yourself and it can take them weeks to get over it and months to recuperate.

Off my Wife, she had the flu-like symptoms, she thinks she got it off money.
I phoned the doctor beginning of March, told them I had a temperature, sore head, and a slight cough also had no smell or taste, Doctor told me it was not Covid as they did not recognise the smell and taste symptoms at that time. But I self-isolated anyway and glad I did. Going into the pub like that would have been dangerous

see what happens when you let them take control of your money

Great to see a louden post with no arguing lol glad to hear you are both on the mend and look forward to visiting your great establishment again. Stay safe

WATP

Back