The Louden Tavern

I only ever went in the stadium bar a few times,as you say sticky carpets and always took ages to get served because of how busy it was.
Tended to be the Clachan before the game and the Kenny afterwards as it was my uncle's locals at the time

Clachan was my go to place back in the day. Many of a great sash bash after the match was had.

Try the Louden mate, you'll love it. Not so hard core though. :cool:

Been follow following for nearly 50 years, and recently was at the 1-1 draw with Killie, sh!t 1st half and for the first time ever, I left a game early (half time). Went over to the Louden, couple of beers, the music, the atmosphere had me walking back to the bus wi' a spring in ma step, feeling great!!

Niche request - any chance of ledges being added at chest height on the stand up heaters in the beer garden? As my hands are ready to fall off with cold holding 2 pints at a time before the game :D

It was always spelled with an E until a thick oat the council got the road signs made wrong, so your pub is in newco Copland.
a doo doo doo a daa daa daa
stewartcopelandphildent.jpg

Are you getting a license for under 18s yet?

I’m in if I don’t have my daughter with me and it’s a great boozer but most games I get a drink elsewhere as she gets in.

I go to a pub to not have to hang around with kids
Exactly, it's maybe a bit shit on people going with 16/17 year olds but there's no way you want young kids running around. And I say that as someone that has 2 young kids.

That's the good thing about the Louden having no kids means more pies and rolls for us sensible adults :p

WATP

Was in 2 weeks ago. Brilliant pub and always improving. Even still. Highly recommend. Don’t know Robert personally so just a (semi) educated POV.
How ye doing Kenny. Over in PDC on 31st July. Will come for a few beers. In Teguise for 9 days then 5 nights in your manner. Looking forward to seeing you there.
W. A. T. P.

Great boozers....I’ve been known to travel 6,000 miles or so for a bevy in there. Maybe I’m part of the reason folk are moaning about the lack of pies

Big part of the match day “experience “(if you don’t have kids)in amongst your like minded people,always meet good people and make new friends!brilliant hospitality,good craic,looking forward to next season already.
I believe you got to use em or.

Cheers Robert, you and the staff enjoy your summer, I will as always be popping in when I’m up for a few games next season, cracking establishment you run, superb on match days and I always look forward to a good sing song and few bevies pre-match, keep up the great work sir.

I go in before most home games, very good boozer. The beer garden has been a good addition

Pity theres no Tennents but Im adaptable :D

Been in a few times the best was I went over with no ticket, couldn't get one so into the Loudon for a pint suddenly Robert came in holding up a ticket asking if anyone was looking for one, shouted out Aye me, it turned out it was a Hospitality ticket for the Club Europe...................thanks again Robert I had a ball that day.

Back