The Louden: Test and Trace

Robert Marshall

Following the Scottish Government's advice on trying to subdue the COVID 19 Virus and the success of The Louden's opening weekend after months of the lockdown, we have reluctantly decided for the foreseeable future or until the Authorities decide it is ok to go back to normal hours without restriction to issue tickets for all our opening hours. ( names on the door)

It's not something we would do in normal times, but these are not normal times and it's important that we take our duty of care seriously

This will allow us to determine how many people would like to come to The Louden and to ensure that we have everyone's contact details in the event of someone showing signs of the Virus.
We take everyone's temperature to satisfy that no one is putting the rest at risk. This also allows certain knowledge that people will be able to gain entry when they arrive.

We will be showing every game possible.

The outlay will be the same for every day, £5 to reserve your place and entitles you to the first drink, ( one spirit and mixer, or one bottle or one pint ) There will also be something to eat as our usual practice
Ticket details will be released Monday for the next 7 days.
Card readers are now installed and in use

Once again thanks for the magnificent support you have shown towards The Louden

Is it also safe to say that this would scupper any plans that some sick (in the head) individuals might have to cause mischief by making false claims?

Not saying this was in any way involved in your decsion making but still. Keeps you right nonetheless.

Wouldn’t expect anything less from a top publican like Robert . lets hope other pubs keep the same professional standards .

@Robert Marshall im not sure if there any nats policies (should probably read up) on punters from outside Glasgow/Scotland. But are accepting anyone everyone (;))?

I like to take a look around over a pint when I travel up from England to work.

I’ll take it on trust you’ll deny I was there if the wife phones! :D

That all sounds great and the work, care and professionalism that goes into running The Louden is impressive as always.

I have more of a general query if anyone could speculate. When the pubs open indoors from Wednesday onwards will it be strictly table service only or will standing at the bar or at ledges be ok as long as social distancing is adhered to as in well spaced out??

That all sounds great and the work, care and professionalism that goes into running The Louden is impressive as always.

I have more of a general query if anyone could speculate. When the pubs open indoors from Wednesday onwards will it be strictly table service only or will standing at the bar or at ledges be ok as long as social distancing is adhered to as in well spaced out??

No standing.

I live in England, my local has seats 1m plus apart, tables of 4 seperated by Perspex sheets, the bar protected by Perspex, hand sanitizers all over, and table service only. I wen to another pub onlyhalf a mile away, and they had nothin, people drinking at the bar, squeezed in like sardines, I just simply didn’t feel safe, so left. I don’t think it’s being policed properly by the council.

I live in England, my local has seats 1m plus apart, tables of 4 seperated by Perspex sheets, the bar protected by Perspex, hand sanitizers all over, and table service only. I wen to another pub onlyhalf a mile away, and they had nothin, people drinking at the bar, squeezed in like sardines, I just simply didn’t feel safe, so left. I don’t think it’s being policed properly by the council.

The Wetherspoons type pubs will be well placed to organise themselves properly but all the wee local pubs where most people stand round the bar anyway might revert back to type unless there’s spot checks and fines.

£5 a pint, bargain.
Was at a pub the other day and they were doing drinks tokens for £5 each. That was the only way to get bevy. I think a 5r ticket is sensible here and every bevy after that is the normal price. Suppose though, somebody has to make a similar comment on any louden thread. 100 Mygers staunch points for you

£5 a pint, bargain.

Obviously you've not read all recent threads regarding the louden and what the £5 ticket got you, just another who likes to whinge about the Louden without knowing the facts lol apologies if I've taken your post the wrong way

WATP

I'm not really local enough to take advantage of it outside matchdays, but I'm always impressed by how well run the Louden is.

Not a surprise that Robert is managing this well too. Pubs taking social distancing seriously at this time deserve all the custom they can fit in.

Unrelated to your establishment but I passed by the new movern in springburn and it was a free for all. Pretty sure their owners didn't have a Presbyterian upbringing.

Hope your first weekend opened was a successful one.

And they had a fire last night. I think it was one of the wee gazebos they put up.

How can you get a ticket

Watch all Rangers Friendlies at The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium!
Thursday 16th July: Lyon vs Rangers 7:45pm
Saturday 18th July: Nice vs Rangers 5:15pm
Wednesday 22nd July: Rangers v Motherwell 6pm
Saturday 25th July: Rangers vs Coventry City 5:15pm

Tickets below

Lyon vs Rangers:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6FKY7A8Q4W448
Nice v Rangers:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=365Q7EQBNW8EW
Rangers v Motherwell:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QR25PDVN5DNSY
Rangers vs Coventry
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=33K5FTQ3JYL3N

Your ticket will include a drink per person (no drinks excluded and spirits are single measure with a mixer) for those who attend on the night.
Please don’t purchase more tickets than you need as all you are doing is stopping others from being able to attend.

ANYONE WHO PURCHASES MORE THAN 8 TICKETS THEIR ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED.
We will be offering a limited number of seats inside our lounge and these will be allocated on first come, first served basis. There are also seated areas throughout the Beer Garden and standing tables..

All customers will receive an email with full guidance and terms and conditions.
Please note that our usual over 18’s applies and challenge 25 will be in place. All ticket sales are final and non-refundable and we will contact the lead person who has booked to confirm info.

Was out for a trip at the weekend in Essex and they had good system in place, sign in with address and phone number, entry point in, exit point out, tape on the floor with arrows, screens at the bar, taped areas to stand in on the floor, had a meal in the garden outside, food brought to us in a box from a steward, clean and tidy

Back