The love in for Ryan Jack, McCrorie, Arfield etc

JMA

Hopefully the football fans on here will be open to a football debate.

I'm not getting the love in for Ryan Jack Mccrorie arfield etc. In my opinion we are accepting mediocrity.
Neither Jack or Mccrorie are anywhere near the Scotland team as international players, and obviously Ca nada doesn't even count.
Our players are no where near theirs and I fear by the end of the season it will be more like 15pts.
Our team is rank I feel but a lot of fans I think are accepting average players.

What's the opinions?

I know where you’re coming from, my frustrations lie with the midfield.

We could field a team of midfielders, but very few are actually good enough.

Jack
McCrorie
Davis
Arfield
Coulibaly
Halliday
Kamara
Polster
(Also have Docherty, Holt & Rossiter out on loan.)

We are sorely lacking real quality in the middle of the park.Our most expensive signing was Kamara ffs. Some serious money needs invested there as it is a seriously problematic area of our team.

Badly missed Jack & Arfield on Saturday, Canada are ranked above both Georgia & Israel, would you discount players who played for those nations too?

Consistency is the major problem with the majority of our squad and I’m not sure how you can improve that.

Creativity is also a major issue. The players mentioned are functional and good at breaking up play but there’s not a lot of skill there. Leaving it up to Kent will just see him marked out of the game with no one else with the guile to make things happen.

Jack
McCrorie
Davis
Arfield
Coulibaly
Halliday
Kamara
Polster

We are sorely lacking real quality in the middle of the park.Our most expensive signing was Kamara ffs. Some serious money needs invested there as it is a seriously problematic area of our team.
Jesus just reading through all those midfielders and not one proper attacking mid amongst them, i don't know how we ended up in a position with loads of the same kind of midfielder but it must be top priority in the summer.

Our biggest issues are that ryan kent and candeias have around 5 goals and 5 assists each in all competitions. That’s nowhere near good enough when we play 4-3-3. They have to contribute more. Jamie Murphy has 2 goals and 2 assists and he’s been injured since August. If he hadn’t got injured, we’d have a far greater attacking threat!

McRorie is not a constructive midfielder his job is to win the ball and give it to others to create something which he is really good at, on Saturday we badly missed Ryan Jack who the past few games has been getting forward more and causing teams problems.

Where do you start with this garbage! Our midfield players on their day are as good as theirs. Problem we have is consistency but that goes for the whole team. Another problem we have is the manager makes far to many changes far to often.

Badly missed Jack & Arfield on Saturday, Canada are ranked above both Georgia & Israel, would you discount players who played for those nations too?

Arfield is only playing for Canada because he can't get near a Scotland side who haven't came close to qualifying for a tournament in about 18 years.

We haven’t had any real quality in midfield since Mendes and Davis the first time around.

Our current squad with better midfield options would win the league comfortably imo

They lack consistency. Good players are consistent more often than not. All three have the ability to perform to a high level but struggle to match every week.

I don't think the midfield balance is right, too often it goes missing for spells of games and there is a real lack of urgency, ability to move the ball quickly and creativity.

The international caps doesn't matter a jot, Scotland are shite and were manager by a jobber for years (Strachan).

McCrorie is still young, developing and learning. He's got some cracking attributes and will continue to get better.

Arfield and Jack not only struggle with consistency but injuries.

Sadly, midfielders we've seen in the past: the Ferguson's, Arteta, Mendes, Thomson, Davis of old, Gascoigne, Durrant... cost money.

For me Ryan Jack, Ross McCrorie and Scott Arfield are extremely solid squad players who have the ability to come into the team when called upon and deliver through out a season. I wouldn't necessarily have all three as guaranteed starters each week but it is what it is.

What we don't need to be doing is filling the squad with more mediocrity, especially in the middle of the park. McCrorie, Jack, Arfield and Kamara should be joined by a couple of quality additions, not more Steven Davis or Lassana Coulibaly's.

I'm not getting the love in for Ryan Jack Mccrorie arfield etc. In my opinion we are accepting mediocrity.
Neither Jack or Mccrorie are anywhere near the Scotland team as international players, and obviously Ca nada doesn't even count.
Our players are no where near theirs and I fear by the end of the season it will be more like 15pts.
Our team is rank I feel but a lot of fans I think are accepting average players.

What's the opinions?

I’m of the opinion Jack and McRorie are excellent ball winners. Exactly what we need in that regard. We also have very talented strikers but almost zero creativity in our midfield. Kent probabaly gets pass marks in that regard but he can’t do it all on his own. A number 10 was the obvious priority in January and to me Davis isn’t going to provide that. He can pick a sublime pass from long range or switch the play well but any kind of forward run or defence splitting pass? No chance

We’ve done so well this season because of Morelos ability to hold the ball up better than anybody in this country I’d say. Without that and without any creative sparks from midfield we’re like a rudderless ship. A lot of the time our defence is strong enough which I’m very grateful for but we’re toothless in terms of attack and rely solely on Alfredo

A right sided attacker and creative midfielder in the January transfer window instead of Davis and Defoe, and we address the issue of a lack of creativity.

No point in having a poacher if you aren't going to feed him.

We could have Inzaghi or Raul in our team right now and it wouldn't matter a jot as they would starved of service.

That makes a difference to the balance of our side and allows the likes of McCrorie, Jack etc to do their role.

Jack
McCrorie
Davis
Arfield
Coulibaly
Halliday
Kamara
Polster

Agree. To me we need to completely revamp this group. 3 or 4 out & 3 in who offer something different.
As a group they have no shooting power, no one runs beyond Alfie ( except Arfield when fit / on form ), no one can really beat a man, etc.
The balance isn’t right.

Arfield may not always look oustanding but we are definitely not as good a team when he’s not playing. He is our only midfielder that runs beyond the striker and we badly miss that when he doesn’t play. It always opens up space for our strikers.

McCrorie has been outstanding in recent weeks. His performance last week at Kilmarnock was tremendous. He is still young and will end up a quality CM.

Jack I feel is very hot and cold. Can be excellent one week then non-existent the next.

I hate saying it, but one thing our midfield badly lacks is a Rogic type player. Someone who can pick a killer pass or score a 20 yarder out of nothing.

None of our midfielders seem to be able to hit a decent shot.

B
I’m of the opinion Jack and McRorie are excellent ball winners. Exactly what we need in that regard. We also have very talented strikers but almost zero creativity in our midfield. Kent probabaly gets pass marks in that regard but he can’t do it all on his own. A number 10 was the obvious priority in January and to me Davis isn’t going to provide that. He can pick a sublime pass from long range or switch the play well but any kind of forward run or defence splitting pass? No chance

We’ve done so well this season because of Morelos ability to hold the ball up better than anybody in this country I’d say. Without that and without any creative sparks from midfield we’re like a rudderless ship. A lot of the time our defence is strong enough which I’m very grateful for but we’re toothless in terms of attack and rely solely on Alfredo
Aye, Kent is no where near near as good as sinclair as an example. All our midfield are just that level below you know?

To get a quality attacking midfielder we will need to sell Alfie which somewhat negates that idea,if theres no one to pass to,so theres another problem,our D.O.F. should be scouring Europe for an affordable no.9 and theres bound to be some out there its finding them.

The players you mention offer effort and physicality which you need for this league.

They're fine for the SPL.

The issue is the complete lack of attacking, creative players ahead of them.

The expectation is currently on guys like Jack and Arfield to create - that is not their game and it shows week after week.

Clearly they are not.

What's the opinions?

Is that right Declan ? New member with a love in for Celtic players. Hello Timothy !

Is that right Declan ? New member with a love in for Celtic players. Hello Timothy !
Very poor. I signed up again because this place gets like this with people like you. If you accept outbreaks mediocrity then fair enough, but a lazy shot at me just because I have an opinion that differs from yours.

They’re our best midfield trio, but they’re not good enough to drive us to the title.

We’ll need better players for that.

Neither Jack nor Arfield played at the weekend so a bit confused as to why you've decided to have a pop at them.

A midfield 3 of McCrorie, Jack & Arfield has dominated and won mostly every game they've played.

Filth at Ibrox, Livi away and sheep away. 3 very tough fixtures and that midfield trio have absolutely bossed it in all 3 of those games.

Games like Saturday and Kilmarnock last week is where our midfield just lack that cutting edge or someone who can smash one in from outside the box. That is also something that is needed to win leagues.

That and consistency is the main issue for us just now.

I think that the 3 mentioned showed themselves to be every bit near theirs in the last match against them, we dominated that game due to these 3 players bossing the midfield.

Jack should / would have more Scotland involvement were it not for injuries and McCrorie is also a young lad who will play plenty for Scotland in the future.

As for, "are we going to challenge with Canada players"? Could you be more moronic if you tried? I guess you wouldn't have taken George Best or Ryan Giggs, when NI and Wales were dug meat.

They all play well in high tempo games. Our problem is that for some reason we are incapable of lifting the tempo and dictating a fast pace. It's slow, slow, pass back, slow. It's shit!

Its about consistency with them all. Ive seen all 3 of them have fantastic games, however, its just not often enough. That seems to be a big problem we have had with players for years now.

That's basically it for almost every player in our squad and subsequently as a team in general.

On our day we can beat anyone in this league and look good doing so. However we've got it in us to perform the best we've done all season one week and the worst in years the next.

Didn't matter what the scum did yesterday or what that result turned out to be. Saturdays pathetic showing was all the evidence required to see we weren't winning the league this year.

The severe lack of creative players is a major concern. The trio in question may be the best options for now but you could easily upgrade Jack and Arfield for two quality creative dynamic midfielders.

I don't have the exact figures to hand but as a rough estimate off the top of my head, Forrest, Sinclair, Rogic and McGregor must have about 40 goals between them all this season and god knows how many assists. How many do our wingers and attacking midfielders have between them?

That's our main issue right there. I genuinely believe as a defensive unit we are easily as good as Celtic if not better than them. The main difference is middle to front.

Even in the domination at Ibrox on the 29th, we could easily have drawn that game in the end up because we only scored 1 goal. Halliday had to make a heroic block near the end of the game to save the points for us.

Our midfield is decent but we lack a player who can control the game and open up a defence.
I have a feeling Mcrorie may end up as our right back.

Back