The Loving cup

Surely a health and safety matter?
I haven't seen the like since I was a young serviceman sharing a metal fire bucket of a brown alcoholic beveridge of rather questionable identity, with a dozen or so other dubious drunks whom I am not actually sure were being particularly hygienic when it came to their slurp.
I hope Mr Gerrard gave his gub a good wipe with his sleeve.

Did we do it when playing Celtic in the first home game? Can’t see pig eyes toasting Her Majesty.
Story was, not only did they toast the Queen, but sang the National Anthem. One of the older Celtic Directors had a wonderful baritone voice and took great delight in belting it out.
Can’t see that happening in the age of social media, the Yellow Convoy would have a protest banner made up for the next match.

Was on the Ibrox tour towards the end of last season and the guide said that over the years, c****c had generally been good in taking part in the ceremony. He did however mention that other clubs weren't quite so respectful, he didn't name them but I got the impression he was referring to Dundee Utd and possibly the green element of Edinburgh.

We last hosted them at Ibrox first game in January 2011. I assume they participated in the ceremony but unlike today with the explosion of media content from the club it would not have been filmed, so would have remained private to those in the blue room.

Interestingly we are due to host the "New Year" fixture next season and the weekend falls on the 2nd/3rd January.

After the last 9 years and the current mindset of the Celtic support there is no way the Celtic board will be a part of this, not when we film it and spread it widely online. Their support would crucify them.

With their continued influence, brace yourself for a nighttime kick off midweek fixture on the 29th or 30th December next season.

Guaranteed.

Back