The Magic Number

garytcrsc

There's been quite a bit of discussion recently regarding the magic number that Rangers needs to clinch the title. I have a bit of banter with a mate who tries to use the baseball method of how many wins are needed, but I argue you can't do that with a sport that can have draws. Anyway, I found a site that does the magic number for the major US sports and includes a few of the major football/soccer leagues (which agree with my magic number methodology B-)). I reached out to the owner of the site and asked if they could do a magic numbers page for the SPFL Premiership. Lo and behold, a few hours later they have set it up.

https://www.playoffmagic.com/fifa/scottish-premiership/

The magic number is 29.

The most points winning every game the mentally challengeds can get is 94...We're on 66pts

Basically with our GD
9 wins & a draw

Can't make head nor tail of that and don't see the number 29 anywhere. B-)
29 points (towards the middle of the top row) guarantees us the title as the Dhims have 16 games left and can get a maximum of 94 points. If we take 29 it moves us on to 95.

Does that mean the Yahoos have to get 19pts to be sure to avoid relegation?
they way they're drawing games, with 16 left they might be in trouble

So from our last 14 games, even if the filth beat us twice (which they won't) we could still afford to drop another 7 points.

And that's only if they win every other game as well :))

There really shouldn't be any nervy bears left.

It's Coming Home.

Magic number for me is 13 (4 wins and a draw)

This is based on their average points. Played 22 - Points 46 = very slightly above 2pts per game. They have 16 games to play = 32.

32 + 46 = 78. We have 66 pts, 13 points to win #55. B-D

So from our last 14 games, even if the filth beat us twice (which they won't) we could still afford to drop another 7 points.

It's Coming Home.
Still here unfortunately :)) massively confident but won't celebrate until its done!

It's Coming Home.
I'm nervous given last season's collapse .

Last edited:
Back