The managers body language

Compare how enthused he is prior to European games and during, compared with games such as this.

That will feed down to the players.

Europe is important for him, that isn't to say he doesn't want to win the league but Europe was good to him as a player and there is no doubt he has a real love for it as a manager.

It must be a frustrating as hell when you plan all week then the players during the game forget how to defend, pass the ball, or score.

It must be a frustrating as hell when you plan all week then the players during the game forget how to defend, pass the ball, or score.

This happens week in week out at successful teams around the globe.

It’s where a manager earns his money changing things up tactically to improve the performance on the pitch.

Gerrard has proven now he’s not capable he’s went straight down the same path as Warburton and showing even less signs of turning back than he did.

It’s absolutely baffling and highly annoying.

Walter Smith sat in the stand whenever possibly.

If you need your boss to jump around like a lunatic to do your job then there's something wrong. Not sure how that makes Katic not defend like a schoolboy or Morelos actually feel like turning up.
Aye but he was down from the directors box and going tonto on the touchline when he saw any inkling of someone taking their foot off their gas

Sadly I think Gerrard will be away in the summer whether he jumps or is pushed who knows. Fuk knows what happens after this.

walter smith made his money when things weren’t going well and was seen and out and doing things when things were going wrong

Gerrard hides in the dugout, very much like Murty used to stand head bowed chewing his zip

Gerrard just looks lost and like he hasn’t a clue when things aren’t going well
That'll be the same Walter Smith that for years took a pounding on this very site for being a "dinosaur?"
Some folk have short and indeed myopic memories of how our managers have been treated over the years...Walter included!
For what it's worth I don't particularly want Gerrard booting water bottles all over the place when things go wrong...I want a manager with composure...a bit like Walter Smith!

I said from the start he needed a experienced assistant manager that knew Scottish football . I honestly don't know what Gary McAllister does as he sits with his arms folded and rarely do you see him getting involved with the coaching or tactics.

On here on the 29/12/20 SG was a hero, how things change in 8 weeks, like a lot of people including SG I just don't what has happened..But I know if we don't win the SC?. Steven will never experienced anger like it in his football career, he got away with it last year, he will not get away with it this time

He’s learning on the job, and making honest mistakes that a rookie manager would make. That is totally acceptable with clubs that don’t expect to win anything but this is Rangers , a club that expects , fans that expect success and nothing less.

Those in the know know exactly what happened.

Can those ITK please let us know what happened? The club appear to be papering over what really happened during the Winter Break by saying it was fine; but it's coming to the point now where everyone's beginning to suspect that something was definitely up.
This downturn of form is absolutely bizarre for any team, irrespective of league or position.

Amusing hes out of his depth in the fucking spfl but time and again manages it in the European games.

Maybe he's taken this bunch about as far as he can. You could easily argue that for a good part of the season he simply had this lot punching above their weight. What we are witnessing now is maybe more a reflection of their actual ability.

The mans as exasperated as the rest of us.dont care what those supposedly in the know say.
Something has happened in the winter break
Very few of that side worth saving.total losers
Away and dook for chips.
Nothing had happened. Don’t talk shite.

That'll be the same Walter Smith that for years took a pounding on this very site for being a "dinosaur?"
Some folk have short and indeed myopic memories of how our managers have been treated over the years...Walter included!
For what it's worth I don't particularly want Gerrard booting water bottles all over the place when things go wrong...I want a manager with composure...a bit like Walter Smith!

bit of a weird rant although I agree about idiots within our support

btw is that the same composed Walter that nearly had big mixu with shite running down his leg?

walter knew when to let rip, and when to get out and show leadership, it’s what set him apart and just now Gerrard is showing he doesn’t know how to do either

Away and dook for chips.
Nothing had happened. Don’t talk shite.

According to poets what’s app groups the players have downed tools for Gerrard.
Funny enough some posters on here saying the same shite.

I think he is being baffled by his players, they come to play against top Europe talent but get found out by ten a penny players. Their confidence is being attacked somehow. Gerrard is tactically inept or the coaches of the opposition are exceptionally clever. Perhaps another years experience is the answer. I believe we have to believe in him, I do.

I don't think how he sits in his chair makes too much of a difference. If he needs to pass something on to the players he will, no point jumping about like a dick just to appear busy.

The mans as exasperated as the rest of us.dont care what those supposedly in the know say.
Something has happened in the winter break
Very few of that side worth saving.total losers
The very least he could do is shout and demand more from the players.

Sitting there during EVERY game we slump does the team absolutely no good whatsoever.

The prime example was of Hearts manager virtually on the pitch screaming encouragement to all of his players to give him their all.
Gerrard just stood there. Motionless.

I actually think our manager is not Gerrard but Michael Beale he seems to be the one who sorts everything out and you see Gerrard turning to him for help, Not surprising with Gerrard being so new to the coaching role.
Gerrard always looks more upbeat for the European games.
Gerrard has been open about the fact he relies heavily on the coaching team he brought with him. Beale certainly seems like a huge part of it.

Doesn't do Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Simeone any harm. Look at what Klopp, Conte and Simeone get from the support too. That is also a positive on the team.

I just want a tactically aware manager, a leader, a winner a man who learns from his mistakes and has the ability to make game changing decisions. If he jumps about or not, I couldn't care less but when the going gets tough and Gerrard is slouched in his seat looking down, it's not exactly sending positive messages to players or support.
Too much sense here..

The old body language thread. Was wondering when this haemorrhage would appear.
It will crop up as long as our manager refuses to give his all on matchdays to get our team a win.
If you are happy to see him slump in his dugout and offering nothing then fine.
Others on here disagree.

He’s probably as disappointed as we are. He needs success, it’s his future career too. He will want the Liverpool job, surely he needs to be able to win us a trophy to get that. If he can’t set up a team to win with a far superior budget than all but 1 team in the league, I can’t see why Liverpool would contemplate him in future.

Far too many individual errors which must be frustrating. Watching St Johnstone players walk through our defence like they aren’t there, and the game plan not working. Ironically when we changed to 4-4-2 we were the better team. When we went back to 4-3-3 we regressed.

Listening to him I think he's bewildered by recent performances but he will work harder than ever to get things sorted. I'm not sure what others are gauging from his body language.

It will crop up as long as our manager refuses to give his all on matchdays to get our team a win.
If you are happy to see him slump in his dugout and offering nothing then fine.
Others on here disagree.

Unless they change the rules and make the managers able to run on the pitch and start kicking the ball about, then i couldnt give a %^*& what hes doing in the technical area. And btw, he is actually pretty vocal and animated quite a lot. Not that it matters in the slightest.

Unless he wins the Scottish Cup I dont really think we can continue with him. I think he'd leave anyway. Still time to turn it around and take each game as it comes, play tactics that hinder the opposition and dont stick by your favourites no matter how shite they are playing.

Unfortunately I don't think he will.

bit of a weird rant although I agree about idiots within our support

btw is that the same composed Walter that nearly had big mixu with shite running down his leg?

walter knew when to let rip, and when to get out and show leadership, it’s what set him apart and just now Gerrard is showing he doesn’t know how to do either
And how do you know that?
The Stevie Gerrard you see standing on the touchline is the same Stevie Gerrard behind closed doors?
A lot of supposition there my friend!

If Gerrard & us don’t win the Scottish Cup & our performances continue in this vein then his time is up. I don’t think we will have to sack him as he will walk himself.

I hope & pray we turn things around & we will have a good idea come 7 pm Saturday night.

I’m starting to think he’s had enough. Body language, interviews, his whole demeanour actually. I don’t know what happened during the winter break but it seems to have fallen apart spectacularly. The league has gone, we have to win the Scottish cup and that means we need to beat Hearts. I’m not even confident that we can do that, going by the last time we played them. I still think SG is the man we need, but he needs to start learning and fast. With that in mind, can we blame him when Katic or Goldson goes to sleep? He brought on Kamberi today which totally transformed the game. Braga away is going to be very interesting, Morelos isn’t firing just now and so I’d probably be starting with Kamberi regardless of whether Morelos was suspended or not. SG needs to start dropping under-performers, but the reality is we don’t have the quality on the bench to swap them out with. There lies the difference between us and the filth.

Gerrard looks as if he has chucked it and may walk at the end of the season as he doesn’t need the money.....the only problem is is that to get rid of his back room staff would cost another fair wedge.

You would never see Smith acting in that manner or Souness, or even Klopp at Liverpool.

I was delighted when Gerrard when he was appointed but it hasn’t worked. The board need to rake their share of the blame with the blunder of all blunders being back in 2017 with the appointment of Pedro.......crazy to think that the man who led the charge is still there earning £350k per annum ....Stewart Robertson who is a total incompetent.

If Gerrard & us don’t win the Scottish Cup & our performances continue in this vein then his time is up. I don’t think we will have to sack him as he will walk himself.

I hope & pray we turn things around & we will have a good idea come 7 pm Saturday night.
Totaly agree with this if we get pumped europe thursd and dont win cup he will walk.

Doesn't do Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Simeone any harm. Look at what Klopp, Conte and Simeone get from the support too. That is also a positive on the team.

I just want a tactically aware manager, a leader, a winner a man who learns from his mistakes and has the ability to make game changing decisions. If he jumps about or not, I couldn't care less but when the going gets tough and Gerrard is slouched in his seat looking down, it's not exactly sending positive messages to players or support.

If you read gerrards book or most of his interviews he’s absolutely determined to style himself on Rafa Benitez.

I am getting fed up seeing SG slouching in his chair when things are going wrong. He should be on the touch line encouraging/berating the players.
No way big Jock Wallace or Wattie Smith would just sit looking glum.
As someone who hero worshipped him at Liverpool I cannot understand this attitude. He used to single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck.
A manager standing or sitting makes a difference to a game What a croc of shyte

I guess you're right then.
I was always impressed when Walter was going absolutely mental and losing the plot on the touchline, he was at it all the time!
:rolleyes:

he done it when it was needed and he got the reactions , and I didn’t say “go mad” , he was out, shouting instructions, and yes at times getting a bit excited, but if we were playing shite, if it wasn’t working, he wasn’t on the sidelines chewing his zip or hiding inside the dugout

I get you don’t want or like any criticism of Gerrard, but sometimes, criticism is justified.

If he doesn’t win the Scottish cup he should be fired.

he's only became like that in recent weeks so i dont know how you're fed up of it, im fed up of seeing pathetic individual errors costing us games

I am getting fed up seeing SG slouching in his chair when things are going wrong. He should be on the touch line encouraging/berating the players.
No way big Jock Wallace or Wattie Smith would just sit looking glum.
As someone who hero worshipped him at Liverpool I cannot understand this attitude. He used to single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck.
Yes said it many times , it might not make much difference but the way he was on the park I’d expect him to be much more animated and motivating at the side of it.

He knows he’s out of his depth pure and simple.

I've said on a other thread I think he's edging closer to leaving. But I dont believe he's out his depth. He's transformed us completely. We have every chance of being in the last 16 of a European competition

Back