The Marseilles Bribe that denied Rangers a Champions League Final

There was nothing between the teams in Marseille. That wasn’t a lucky 1-1. They did play us off the park at Ibrox for an hour tho. The Bruges game was definitely a fix and the Moscow players celebrated at the end as if they had qualified. They were clearly on a bonus.

Milan could have scored a few times in the final but I think they feared us mainly due to Hateley. It wouldn’t have been a foregone conclusion.

I found the two scores against CSKA rather odd. Remember, they never had a home game as they were all played in Germany (I think). So first game ends 0-0 and a couple of weeks later it's 6-0. There was never 6 goals between any of the teams in that group.

Was definitely a few bungs/bribes in that game , to coincide with how hard they tried against us the 0-0 game when already out then celebrated like they had just won the cup at final whistle

Never understood why we as a club never made more of this, we should have demanded tbe 2 clubs were thrown out the competition.
The dignified silence, it didn't work then & doesn't work now that's why we are in the position that we are in now , timid & everyone having there say against us & the governing bodies laughing at us & doing what they please , that's right we are above all that

The dignified silence, it didn't work then & doesn't work now that's why we are in the position that we are in now , timid & everyone having there say against us & the governing bodies laughing at us & doing what they please , that's right we are above all that

good point bud. Even on social media we as fans are lacking.

the bheasts will defend and justify everything their rancid club does. Hit them with facts and they ignore it.

Recent example was the McCoist vs Larsson twitter debate/vote. We had bears arguing amongst themselves that Larsson was better and not to be bitter and vote for him. No matter your personal view, as a bear you have to back McCoist.

Flip sake I could start a Laudrup vs McGeady poll and every bheast will back McGeady no matter how delusional it is.

Still annoys me too that bears on facebook/twitter are accepting the Celtic tainted title win as they were 13 points clear ffs. We don’t help ourselves.

I realise there is an argument that we beat ourselves when couldn't beat the Russians.

My view is that where there was one bribe made there could have been more , who knows how deep this went and we might not have had to beat the Russians had the group standing not been affected by any such deviousness.

We will never know for sure but it certainly makes you wonder and has left a bitter taste in the mouth .

The Russians celebrations at full time when they had nothing to play for and only got a point ourt the game are very suspicious.

Was definitely a few bungs/bribes in that game , to coincide with how hard they tried against us the 0-0 game when already out then celebrated like they had just won the cup at final whistle

That has always stuck in my mind. Even the ref was looking at them like wtf at full time.

I realise there is an argument that we beat ourselves when couldn't beat the Russians.

My view is that where there was one bribe made there could have been more , who knows how deep this went and we might not have had to beat the Russians had the group standing not been affected by any such deviousness.

We will never know for sure but it certainly makes you wonder and has left a bitter taste in the mouth .
If you remember the Russians celebrated this result like they had won the competition yet the result made no real difference to them.

Back