The McGregor save

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
We should have won by more, but it was 1-0.

Our keeper won't win many Man of the Match nominations, but he made a match winning crucial save in the second half at 0-0. I dread to think what the atmosphere would have been like if our Number One hadn't showed us what a class goalkeeper he is.

He makes the odd mistake, he can sometimes do daft things, but if our outfield players had Allan McGregor's desire to win combined with international class ability, we wouldn't have blown our season.

Our keeper won't win many Man of the Match nominations, but he made a match winning crucial save in the second half at 0-0. I dread to think what the atmosphere would have been like if our Number One hadn't showed us what a class goalkeeper he is.

He makes the odd mistake, he can sometimes do daft things, but if our outfield players had Allan McGregor's desire to win combined with international class ability, we wouldn't have blown our season.

exactly. Their game plan all along but MacGregor stood firm. My MOTM for that moment alone as Im struggling to give it to another.

thing is that so many of our fans just expect him to make these saves now and in my opinion doesn't always get the recognition he deserves!

Brilliant save but if the officials had done their job properly during the game the save wouldn't have mattered.

That save could well have earned us the points today , because the way weve been playing lately , we may have struggled to recover had that gone in .
Hes just a fantastic goalkeeper.

He’s a top drawer keeper and has been for years.
Credit to the young Livingston goalkeeper as well.
He made a few great saves to deny us.

Of all our players , perhaps Alfie aside , he will be missed the most when he stops playing .

It’s frightening to think we need to find a goalkeeper even half as good as him to replace him

It was an outstanding save.

Great save , must be eating away at him that we have more or less blown it this season . He might get only one more crack at it next season when he will turn 39. The save from the Livi keeper was also top class .

Another top save by McGregor. He does it as standard. He is the best we have had since Goram. A real world class keeper.

He was haranguing the officials every time something went against us. He was saying if that had been me i would be penalised. There should be more of the players doing this. i know we have to be careful in case we get bookings but we have to let the cheater in the middle to see we know what they are doing.

Another great stop. I was pretty annoyed that our centre-halves allowed Livingston 2-3 decent chances late on. Tricky conditions I know but they just don’t seem strong enough at times.

One of those where you could see the ball already hit the net until out of no where McGregor saves.

Done that so often over his career.

Just standard from Greegs. Top drawer as usual although credit where it's due, I thought the livi keeper had a superb game as well.

Back